How big is your Metal Cd collection?

I wish I had more room for something like that. If I had that many CDs in respect to my current logistics situation, I would have a major space problem. I only have about 200 CDs total and I'm already having to make creative adjustments to allow room for them all.

Lose your bed.

Anyway, definitely horizontal. Vertical means either every CD has a slot (fine until it's time to reshuffle/realphabetize), or just a stack, which is a bitch to pull/replace CDs.

Do you store your books vertically??

Anyway, definitely horizontal. Vertical means either every CD has a slot (fine until it's time to reshuffle/realphabetize), or just a stack, which is a bitch to pull/replace CDs.

Do you store your books vertically??

Did you think this through properly?

do you have vertical and horizontal mixed up? Stacked = horizontal

Books on a bookcase are vertical unless they are stacked, which would make them horizontal.

The thin CD cases are nice since you can fit more albums on shelves and provide adequate protection, but they're not big enough for artwork. I use the CD books for the art.

Horizontal is inconvenient.

k i just want to say that i fucking hate digipacks.

that.. is.. all.
just want to say that i'm probably the only person here that loves digipaks. yeah, you need to provide a bit extra care but they look so damn beautiful. they remind me of vinyl eps. metal mind productions is my fave digipak making label.

i hate digis. if the teeth holding the cd are broken, you're fucked
Agreed!

I think I got about 800 CDs (half would be pure metal) including digipacks, about 8DVDs (3/4 Metal), 30ish vinyl (95% Metal).. I started this collection about 15 years ago. It was substantially cut back about 6 years ago when I split with a long term gf but I built it back up again. When I was younger I had about 300 metal/punk vinyl but there'll all gone now. So in a nutshell I have alot of stuff I love and have lost alot of stuff I love but thats life.

I really cant afford to buy alot of new stuff these days, too many mouths to feed and all so I certainly treasure my collection. Its a big feature in my lounge room in a dark wood cabinets, kinda like stonehenge! :headbang:

I probably have about 120 cds, but I've only been buying regularly since mid/late 2004. Maybe all but a dozen of my cds are metal. I think I have about 15 vinyls now, and a few DVDs. I've realized that they aren't worth the money, as I can't think of any I've watched more than twice.

Digipacks suck. I also don't like slipcases. They can mess with storage at times too.

k i just want to say that i fucking hate digipacks.

that.. is.. all.

Digipaks are fine and dandy compared to Abigor's latest album, which is bound like a hardcover book and is about a centimeter too wide to fit in my CD tower (gaaaaaahhh!!!). I managed to squeeze it into its space, putting a dent in the side of the "book cover". Oh well, I'm lucky it fits at all.

Shouldn't be that hard to find. I found it at a local independent music store...try Amazon if its your last resort.

I didn't know it was that hard to find. To be honest, though, I bought it in Belfast for 8 quid. Shouldn't be that hard to find in the states, though, as I've found many more obscure things here.

Try ordering it from The End Records or something like that.

Yeah I have a few kinds of CD holders...a tower thing made of metal that holds 20 (my first one), then a rotating thing that fits around 100 (25 on each side). Then I have a CD shelf with 5 different shelves. It is exactly wide enough for a CD and each shelf fits 14-15 jewel cases. I have more CDs, but they are in slipcases (noise releases, usually) or just are not on a shelf because I'm out of room...