How big is your music collection?

Graveless Soul

Tranquility Personified
Jun 8, 2001
UK
www.btinternet.com
Just wondered how much music everyone has? And what is their most prized possesion(s) within it?

I have about 300 CDs and nearly 200 LPs and I have to say that I treasure my whole vinyl collection because it's probably worth quite a lot of money bacause I have some very rare LPs in there!

I've only got about 100cds

but that includes:

All the Opeth :)

The whole NIN collection, though I'm missing one of the more recent singles.

All the TOOL albums, Salival included

bunch of Tom Waits, Don Ross, and other non-metal-at-all stuff (though I have been known to call Tom Waits "Deathmetal Folk"

Few tapes, as I just listened to my sister's collection when I was younger..

Oh, maybe my prize is the limited edition "gravestone" Cradle of Filth Cd, where they're all "killed" in the booklet. Right.

I have about 160-180 CDs, and a handful of tapes.

Of my tapes, Ride the Lightning is the only on I bother playing anymore.

In my Cd collection, I am happiest with my Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, and Opeth. I have all of the CDs by those bands.

I also have most of Borknagar's CDs, and I'm looking forward to their upcoming one with Vintersorg.

I also like Sentenced - Frozen (crimson wasn't as good, IMO.)

*shrug*

i don't know, I listen to all of them at one time or another.

about 120 cds and a few tapes and about 40 mp3's, no vinyls. I know its not much , it will grow very much as i get older and get a job heh, but hey im only 15 ok?!? But I love listening to my parents vinyls they've got some great prog stuff all genesis records, yes, mike oldfield, camel, all that good stuff!!!!! :D

I have about 350 cds now..sold a lot of the ones I no longer wanted... I have about 300 LPs....100 tapes...and even 40 8-tracks..LOL

I also have now 10 DVD audio..and about 30 DVD music videos...and would have a lot more if there was more out there I wanted..but as of now..not to many good DVD audio discs.

If all the singles and minis are counted in, I think I have just a bit over 150 original CD's and a couple of burned ones.

Of them I value the most:

- All CD's by Dark Tranquillity
- All CD's by Opeth
- A signed promo-copy of "Perpetual Desolation" by The Sins of Thy Beloved

-Villain (np: Therion - Vovin)

89 CDs
Most proud of is Nightwish's Angels Fall First with the booklet signed by all the band members :)

And I basically have every Genesis songs ever on mp3 (exept radio cuts and Carpet Crawlers 1999, which I only have on CD). That's a lot of stuff... My mom owns some of their CDs, but the MP3s came from a friend.

And I have 3 other cds full of MP3s and 2 cds at 75% filled with MP3s...I don't know the count, but it makes around 50 cds' worth.

Although I have gathered all albums from quite a few bands I have to say I care much less for them than my 5 Opeth CDs.

Anyone else keep all their CDs in plastic slides? :)