How Did You Discover Symphony X???

In 2002 A friend of mine was in charge of our department's graphic design computer lab, and he was a huge prog rock and metal fan. I went in one day to work, and he had "The Accolade II" and "The Turning" playing. Dream Theater was my favorite band then, but I really loved how this band sounded more symphonic. He told me they were called Symphony X, and I would love them if I gave them a chance. He burned me a copy of "The Divine Wings of Tragedy" and it was true love at first listen. I looked forward to going to the lab just to hear what else would be playing, hehe.

We went to see them at a small Jersey niteclub with only a few people there, they ended a long show with "DWOT" and we left realizing that we just found the most incredible and talented band on the planet.

I believe I was messing around on Amazon a few years ago. I was listening to samples from various groups. I listened to some samples from them and I was hooked.

Oh yeah, like that time I asked him to link Symphony X to the fact that Captain Crunch wears a blue hat all the time :lol:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/symphonyx/234339-shawn-lane-michael-romeos-brother.html LOL

Most memorable one:

Fallen2289 said:
Cap'n Crunch wears a hat because he is most likely bald, because he is a pirate. Pirate, Pirates of the Caribean, a famous movie, and ride at Disneyland. In the movie, jack Sparrow is the main character. A sparrow is a common bird. Another type of bird is a bald eagle, which symbolizes America as a country. America was founded from the 13 colonies. One of these colonies being Pennsylvania, which was home of the Quakers, a religious group. Quakers, Quaker Oats cereal, the same people that make Cap'n Crunch. The Quakers were a people against violence. They were hated and persecuted throughout the land. Just as Jesus was hated by many when he first began teaching. Jesus was also non-violent. He had 12 disciples. Exactly at 12 minutes in the song Divine Wings of Tragedy, Russell sings, the word "war", which is an antonym of Jesus's non-violent beliefs. Relating Symphony X to captain crunch's hat.

Well he joined the forum and within days it was flooded with his threads to the point where the google ads were advertising something about jojo cause the page was just flooded.