How do you mix in PT LE?

No. PT LE/M-Powered 8 allows 48 simultaneous tracks without the production kits.

yes, i'm sorry, i'm still running on 7.2

i usually have one session that's all the instrumental tracks, and one session with the instrumental mix-down for recording vocals. actually trying to record vocals in a session with tons of other tracks going on with lots of plugins creates latency when tracking in any daw i would figure. makes more sense to me to have a separate session for vocals only.

Oh. That's cool. I've ordered Digi 003 BTW )) So I'll be in PT very soon I hope.
What about elastic audio and beat detective? Are there any differenses between LE and HD versions of these tools? Except that BD is not multichannel unless you have a MP toolkit 2.

Oh. That's cool. I've ordered Digi 003 BTW )) So I'll be in PT very soon I hope.
What about elastic audio and beat detective? Are there any differenses between LE and HD versions of these tools? Except that BD is not multichannel unless you have a MP toolkit 2.

I'd use elastic audio to quantize everything except drums.

Be prepared for major hassle if you use PT. I like the DAW but you have to be very very brave to use it.
The lack of delay compensation reduces the amount of usable plugins a lot. I don't use plugins with delay, because they totally destroy my workflow. Therefore I settled with these ultra low-latency ones:
Massey CT4 Compressor (1 sample)
Stock Digi EQ3
Stock Digi D-Verb
IK Multimedia Classik Studio Reverb
McDSP Channel G (1 sample)
Digi Smack!
I use delay-introducing plugs on the 2bus, but I must not forget to deactivate them when I record to get the audio "in the right place".

Some things that I cannot use because of the delay:
- The stock Digi-Gate has 96 samples of delay, so I can't use it.
- T-Racks Standard stuff has at least 64 samples
- My 2 UAD-1 cards... sniff...