How do you mix in PT LE?

I have no problem with PT because I don't use any plugin that adds delay..in case I use time adjust.
And with 64 tracks (music production) I have no problem at all

can you guys post some examples of plugins that don`t introduce dealy in ptle and m-powered? And if i understand correctly , RTAS plugins dont introduce dealy at all?

probably quicker to list the ones that DO have latency.

From the stock PT8 plugs:
Expander/Gate3 88 samples
Maxim 1024

Others:
Massey CT4 - 1 sample
Smack 1 sample
Massey L2007 64

Some wrapped ones will, but they'd have latency in any host.

Is 1 sample of delay absolutley necessary to make up for?

I love my SSL channel :(

I dont

You may want to if there's any parallel processing. A drum mix with a parallel compression bus both should have the same delay.
One way to fix it is to use the same plug on both channels.

1 sample doesn't make a difference otherwise.

If you go back and forth between LE and HD Latency can be a bigger issue. back in school I did a sound design for video project. I had plugs with latency on some of the channels and things were lined up by ear. When I played the final presentation on the HD system the latency was compensated for and things played out of time. :erk:

It's the powered plugins that have the most latency. UAD1, UAD2, Liquidmix, and Duende. That's where things get complicated and tools like ATA really help.

I dont

If you go back and forth between LE and HD Latency can be a bigger issue. back in school I did a sound design for video project. I had plugs with latency on some of the channels and things were lined up by ear. When I played the final presentation on the HD system the latency was compensated for and things played out of time. :erk:

I do this alot. and ouch at your presentation, lol.

I suppose its alot easier to see the delay on a HD system and make up for it than an LE system.

Ive spent the evening playing with a few plug ins on parallel compression on the overheads, and i can start to hear flanging/chorusing/whateveryouwannacallit at about 23 samples. mind you, its just the one song ive been playing with.

Well..I don't know about you, but I'm very curious about any delay, even if it is 1-2-3 no matter how much samples. You need everything to be in a perfect sync in digital world. I do use lot's of parallel compression. AND i do use UAD card, can't imagine my mix without these things. I've watched MM ATA video and it seems to be very precise and useful, even though it needs some routine to be done inserting it everywhere in the mixer and pinging on every time. Anyway it IS a solution, MP Toolkit is also a solution increasing your track count. 64 is not perfect but it is enough most of the time. So far I can see that migrating to PT is worthy for me. Are there any other limitations we have not mensioned yet?

one limitation i find with all pro tools software is ONLY being able to render out your audio tracks in real time, meaning you have to let it play the song from beginning to end until it's a .wav file, which i find to be quite time consuming when i'm trying to hurry up and burn a cd for someone.

if you need plugins with no latency, you can always use the free bomb factory plugins or the default digidesign ones (dynamics III which is free), both of those are good if you need parallel compression. if you have a delay or reverb plugin in an aux track that is 100% effect only, who cares about a few samples of latency anyways?

also, you can HAVE more than 25 audio tracks saved in your session, you can only Play Back 25 "audio" tracks at a time in LE. you don't really need those di audio tracks playing back once you've re-amped them, or those trigger tracks of audio once they've been sampled. so you could just set their output to "none" but still keep them in your session, that way they won't hog up any of the 25 audio tracks for playback, but still save them for later use if need be.

one thing i do with my trigger tracks is send them out an aux send into multiple drumagog's on different aux tracks. so i could have 5 or 6 triggered audio tracks of drums with 10 or so tracks of drumagog on different aux channels, and none of the aux channels i have compromise the 25 audio tracks. or whats even better is those on this forum that just use midi drum tracks in a sampler like superior2.0, then drums don't use up any of your audio tracks!

while digidesign designers can be really arrogant, i think the disadvantages of pro tools are outweighed by it's advantages.

I don't know why real-time is always bad. I would much rather listen to my song for mistakes than to just do a quick bounce and not hear them and be surprised when I listen back. Seems like more of a waste of time to me.

i understand where you guys are coming from, but wouldn't it also be nice to have the option to open pro tools, make some small changes to something, and just export them out really quickly?

i understand where you guys are coming from, but wouldn't it also be nice to have the option to open pro tools, make some small changes to something, and just export them out really quickly?

I absolutely think it should be an option to do a non-realtime bounce. But I think the default should stay real-time.

I had an audio director at a game studio tell me they switched the first time they had to output mixes of 30 hours of crowd noise from various sports arenas for a game. I imagine that indeed would suck (for the new guy at least).

one limitation i find with all pro tools software is ONLY being able to render out your audio tracks in real time, meaning you have to let it play the song from beginning to end until it's a .wav file, which i find to be quite time consuming when i'm trying to hurry up and burn a cd for someone.

if you need plugins with no latency, you can always use the free bomb factory plugins or the default digidesign ones (dynamics III which is free), both of those are good if you need parallel compression. if you have a delay or reverb plugin in an aux track that is 100% effect only, who cares about a few samples of latency anyways?

also, you can HAVE more than 25 audio tracks saved in your session, you can only Play Back 25 "audio" tracks at a time in LE. you don't really need those di audio tracks playing back once you've re-amped them, or those trigger tracks of audio once they've been sampled. so you could just set their output to "none" but still keep them in your session, that way they won't hog up any of the 25 audio tracks for playback, but still save them for later use if need be.

one thing i do with my trigger tracks is send them out an aux send into multiple drumagog's on different aux tracks. so i could have 5 or 6 triggered audio tracks of drums with 10 or so tracks of drumagog on different aux channels, and none of the aux channels i have compromise the 25 audio tracks. or whats even better is those on this forum that just use midi drum tracks in a sampler like superior2.0, then drums don't use up any of your audio tracks!

while digidesign designers can be really arrogant, i think the disadvantages of pro tools are outweighed by it's advantages.

HOLY SHIT! Does it mean that if I have 56 audio tracks that are leading to the main output buss I will have only 25 of them playing back? It is a nightmare! What I got to do with all the others?