How do you quantize bass?

ndwfrm

New Metal Member
Apr 11, 2013
Ukraine
How, for the fucks sake, do you quantize bass?
I`ve tried to do that moving each stroke according to the kick drum track/tempo grid, like i did it with gtrs, but all i can see in my DAW is solid line without any transients, and all i can hear is "WOOM-WOOM-FUCKING-WOOM"
Maybe it`s bands guitar player shitty hands (the guitarist decided to record everything), maybe just my retardness.
So, how do you do that?

I always use slip-editing with guitars and bass. But maybe your problem is that while tracking you didnt get any of the pick/finger attack of the strings

Yeah editing bass can be a pain.
I have an idea though. Render the bass with a transient designer on it with the attack all the way up. Then put it on a new track under the original to use as a reference.

Not sure of it would work but its worth a try.

Another way could be to eq the basstrack so that the pick attack is really obvious. Bounce that shit to a new track. Then edit the original and the printed one as a group. Finally ditch the printed track for she sounds terrible. Never tried but this could work.

I always use slip-editing with guitars and bass. But maybe your problem is that while tracking you didnt get any of the pick/finger attack of the strings

+1 if it is played well there aren't normally problems with slip editing because 1. it is already played relatively on time and 2. the pick attack is semi-visible at least.