How Famous Bodom are? And where you all fans are from?

Originally posted by Hawk
Yea I know it's pretty unusual for a guy my age to like death metal, but I do. Arch Enemy is another favorite of mine. I am into metal since 1976, yea I know, most of you we not even born then :)

Here's another weird thing about me. I am a high school history teacher. Really, I am not kidding you. I corrupt my students by giving them Cdr.'s from COB, Arch Enemy and Symphony X :D

Mostly they start out as kOrn and Limb Dickshit fans. Then I tell them that those bands are commercial crap for softies. I convert 3 to 4 students a year. In the end it adds up nicely. And I am having a lot of fun doing it. One parent told me "Since you been introducing my son to that music he is playing all that noise".

That rules man! I wish I had teachers like that. :lol:

I'm 23 myself. And I'm probably the only person that's even HEARD of CoB in my city. It's a lonely, lonely place.

Well, suprisingly enough, here in israel we got an awesome Metal community, also revolving around old 60s and 70s classic rock.

And CoB are given every bit of respect they deserve here.

-Beast

Sweden. I live in a town with about 150.000 ppl, and Bodom is acctually pretty famous around here. Sure, they will never be played in the radio or something and not like "Eminem famous", but every day I see different people with Bodom shirts, and their CDs sell out in one day at the local music stores (COULD be 'cause they order maybe 8 copies at a time :O).

Almost every metal head know about bodom here, that's for sure. Except for those gayish 13 year-old Hammerfall-fans who thinks that dragons = metal. :mad:

In Flames, on the other hand, is very famous here. You can see them on our music channels, they're played in the radio (ONLY r2r-songs though...) and they where #1 on the sales chart.. better than Linkin Park, Enimen, "Kent" and Robbie Williams etc.. That was a happy day in my life!

I see...
Up north, around Umeå :) Nice to see another swede here... inte så många som skriver här annars :)

Up north.. maybe I saw you at "Piteå Dansar och Ler" last summer??

Nice to hear that there are some swedish girls who prefer Bodom instead of falling in live with Ronan Keating :)

EagleFlyFree, bodomite, Demonic Rapture and MagSec4 thanks! :)

Late reaction yea! I had a lot of correction work to make :(

Sometimes I think...

Schoolwork sucks!!!!!!

but the new COB kicks me in the balls and keeps me awake!! :headbang: