HOW good is the Apogee Duet?

Öwen;8132445 said:
The 1616M is more expensive than the Profire 2626 though.

At least in the UK anyway.

(He says eyeing all this stuff up for a raid on the ol' bank account in the near future :D)

WHA!?!? It's almost half the price here! (well, $450 vs. $700)

Guitarded, interesting threads - I figure if you buy new and see if you get it from a place that offers one of those ridiculously extended warranties, it'd be a good bet!

Öwen;8132445 said:
The 1616M is more expensive than the Profire 2626 though.

At least in the UK anyway.

(He says eyeing all this stuff up for a raid on the ol' bank account in the near future :D)

Unfortunately PCI cards don't agree with the mac user. I'm going to be running this off my imac or macbook. :erk:

WHA!?!? It's almost half the price here! (well, $450 vs. $700)

Guitarded, interesting threads - I figure if you buy new and see if you get it from a place that offers one of those ridiculously extended warranties, it'd be a good bet!

Profire is £350 -

http://www.dv247.com/invt/48545/

1616M is £450 -

http://www.dv247.com/invt/33710/

Bizzarre! :lol:

Edit: I dont suppose you've seen the UK price for those Tannoy's of yours, Sweetwater lists them as $700-ish atm, the UK price is £220. Seriously considering picking a pair up as my first pair of monitors, at that price its pretty much a steal. :p

+1 on the lack of outputs. Makes reamping next to impossible...That, plus the outputs are consumer level (-10dBu) as opposed to professional (+4dBu). Anyone who is gassing for one of these, I suggest you check out the T.C. Electronics Konnekt 6 Desktop, or even better the Konnekt 8. The converters are fantastic like the Apogee, but it's even more inexpensive and it doesn't lack ins, outs and best of all doesn't use a breakout cable!

Note to the O.P. I noticed you said Canadian dollar: If you live in Vancouver, come on down to L & M and I can hook you up with something baller :Smokin:.

Öwen;8132659 said:
Edit: I dont suppose you've seen the UK price for those Tannoy's of yours, Sweetwater lists them as $700-ish atm, the UK price is £220. Seriously considering picking a pair up as my first pair of monitors, at that price its pretty much a steal. :p

Haha, damn - well, Tannoy is Scottish, after all!

+1 on the lack of outputs. Makes reamping next to impossible...That, plus the outputs are consumer level (-10dBu) as opposed to professional (+4dBu). Anyone who is gassing for one of these, I suggest you check out the T.C. Electronics Konnekt 6 Desktop, or even better the Konnekt 8. The converters are fantastic like the Apogee, but it's even more inexpensive and it doesn't lack ins, outs and best of all doesn't use a breakout cable!

Note to the O.P. I noticed you said Canadian dollar: If you live in Vancouver, come on down to L & M and I can hook you up with something baller :Smokin:.

:kickass:

...Unfortunately, I'm over here in Ontario. But long & Mcquade is awesome! Baught a bunch of stuff from them today.

I'm actually seriously considering the Konnekt Live. Seems pretty awesome. Is the konnekt 8 same preamps and all?

...and Is it true what they say about the Vancouver crop :Smokin:?

Ontario's pretty awesome, man. L&M is great. It originated in Toronto, actually. It can be pretty hard being a gear geek and working there though.

As for the Konnekt Live, it is what we in the industry refer to as "metal as fuck". The preamps are the same in the Konnekt 8, but it isn't black and glossy and rubber-booted like the Live. Nor does it have the ADAT expandability of the Live. In addition, the Live is around as much as the Duet, making it an easy choice. If someone gave me that, a copy of Logic and a Focusrite ISA 828 to complement my Pacifica, I wouldn't complain.

As for the crop, it's been a couple of years since I've partaken, but it is pretty damn nice.

Ontario's pretty awesome, man. L&M is great. It originated in Toronto, actually. It can be pretty hard being a gear geek and working there though.

As for the Konnekt Live, it is what we in the industry refer to as "metal as fuck". The preamps are the same in the Konnekt 8, but it isn't black and glossy and rubber-booted like the Live. Nor does it have the ADAT expandability of the Live. In addition, the Live is around as much as the Duet, making it an easy choice. If someone gave me that, a copy of Logic and a Focusrite ISA 828 to complement my Pacifica, I wouldn't complain.

As for the crop, it's been a couple of years since I've partaken, but it is pretty damn nice.

Yeah Long & Mcquade is by far my favourite Canadian music store, unfortunately here in Waterloo (where I'm currently living), the local store had a fire at the beginning of the year and their recording gear section has been out of commission.

The Konnekt seems like a diamond in the rough, great pres and AD/Da Conversion for pretty cheap. I guess the driver issues are holding it back. Have you had any problems running your Konnekt?

i was just looking at the konnect 8, and it appears to only have 2 outputs as well :erk:

No worries bud.

The Konnekt 24D and Live can be had for not too much more.

I'm hoping I can solve the driver issues. The US-122 I'm using right now is notorious for having driver problems, but I managed to get it up and running no problem.

I'm getting more and more tempted to buy one of these things. Hopefully some others can chime in and comment on the sound quality of the Konnekt, or similarly priced interfaces. Has anyone had any experience with the Echo Audiofire 8?