How Is Amon Amarth the 'opener'

Trivium is only up because as of now, America is hardcore land, and I fucking hate it. I've almost stabbed a few of those fuckers at school. I mean, for metalcore, Trivium is pretty decent, but they should definetely be the openers. We can all keep bitching about it, or we can all be happy that we got two fucking awesome bands out of 3(COB/AA). I've heard the tour's been fucking awesome so far on COB's part, and I've heard that AA is kicking ass as well. and let's not get into a COB vs. Amon Amarth battle shall we?

dimebag420 said:
HA .... u guys all suck ... u should all learn what real talent is , not just easy ass riffs and crappy growling ... and its all about the live performance ... which trivium and cob had a better 1 .... u guys are all just mad because amon had to open up for a new band thats better than them and a hell of a lot younger .. ill admit im not a huge fan on there singing but there guitar work is far more superior .. i mean these guys are 20 and 23 years old there doing pretty fucking good so far ... and there harmonys kick ass ... guitar is everything . maybe amon should put some talent into theres

I can't take you serious.....say do you play guitar?
I don't want to say that the guys of trivium can't play there instruments BUT what is trivium??? A mainstream act whitout a serious backround....they aren't part of the scene. It it isn't all about a technical guitar work...especially when you play a kind of party metal like trivium...it's also important to make a summoning atmosphere and in this discipline trivium can't mess with Amon Amarth! They make music for the masses.....so they aren't the right band for Amon Amarth to tour with.

Now you could think that I am one of these "fuck Metalcore stay true guys"....No I'm not! I like every sort of metal but it should stay metal! Not music to earn a lot of money and being famous.
So don't say such worthless shit and go back to sing LALALALA with Trivium.

all those in NA better go see AA this time around as it may be their last attempt at trying to gain a fan base that would allow them to tour in the future without loosing shit load of money, if that's not happening they ain't coming back, been there done that no reason to tour again with a losing cause

nothing wrong with Trivium being on the bill, if they can convert/convince one or two morons that came to see Trivium then that's great, the more exposure the better for AA

Thor_Arise said:
Fucking people in Canada are all mainstream. Only selected few are worthy of calling themselves true metal fans. People blindly follow the masses and assume everything else is not worthy and bad. Well to all the fucking idiots with no taste in music - FUCK OFF. And if you say that you like good music and you also happen to like trivium than either you're brain dead or just plain fucking stupid. It doesn’t get more mainstream than trivium. All the bands that are popular right now at one point or another had to alter their sound to conform with the masses. Fuck the bands that do this and fuck all their fans.
I wouldn't consider it that bad. There is a huge underground here. Sure, there are indeed boatloads of mainstream fools, but there are more of the True that are underground.

I've been lucky enough to see Amon Amarth in a middle slot once and headlining once. They were playing right before Deicide on that tour a couple years back (when Deicide was getting a bit flakey). Something happened and Deicide ended up not making it to the show, so Amon Amarth headlined and played a good hour and a half of music. They pretty much played every song that I wanted to hear and everyone in the joint was circular headbanging nonstop to Last With Pagan Blood.

The order is all about popularity, unfortunately. Trivium is fairly popular, for some reason. Children of Bodom is immensely popular, even more so with that new record. Hopefully they'll somehow forget all the songs from the new record and just play shit from the first two albums.

Also, whoever said that comment about Amon Amarth not having any melodic quality needs to clean the shit out of their ears and go back to posting the Children of Bodom forum. Just because they're not playing catchy 80's butt rock leads every two and a half seconds (wicked Children of Bodom burn) and Johan doesn't deliver some terrible off key howling (wicked Trivium burn) doesn't mean that they're not melodic. Quite frankly, I think their style is unique and if they did do either of the above things, I'd probably be less inclined to listen to them.

Edit... Hahahahaha, I just realized the dumbass that's posting this shit has the screen name "Dimebag420." Go back listening to Reinventing the Steel and "blazin' it up" you piece of shit.

Enmity said:
...Also, whoever said that comment about Amon Amarth not having any melodic quality needs to clean the shit out of their ears and go back to posting the Children of Bodom forum. Just because they're not playing catchy 80's butt rock leads every two and a half seconds (wicked Children of Bodom burn) and Johan doesn't deliver some terrible off key howling (wicked Trivium burn) doesn't mean that they're not melodic. Quite frankly, I think their style is unique and if they did do either of the above things, I'd probably be less inclined to listen to them....

Hahaha... The "wicked 'insert band name here' burns" are so true. And Fuck... any retard with a tad of talent can spit out some catchy riff. Or even better slightly alter once popular riff and speed it up. Point is any idiot can listen to popular sound and create something a little different but similar enough to fit the mainstream. The fucking music and the growling of Amon Amarth is different (and far superior) from the mainstream. Johan Hegg is a fucking genius. His lyrics have meaning. His growling is amazing. What do trivium have? A fag singer who wears tight pants on stage? Fucking learn to separate good music from the same old shit that you hear every poser band making.

this is is what the order should be, amon amarth-opens, cob- next, amon amarth- comes back for seconds, cob- headlines again, amon amarth-suprise return to stage, cob and amon amarth- return to stage to unleash brutal metalwrath!:headbang: and trivium can suck off eachother in the back
8====>:yell:

this is is what the order should be, amon amarth-opens, cob- next, amon amarth- comes back for seconds, cob- headlines again, amon amarth-suprise return to stage, cob and amon amarth- return to stage to unleash brutal metalwrath! and trivium can suck off eachother in the back
8====>

i totally agree with that, except i think COB should go alone for a third time and THEN both of them get up and kick all our asses one more time:headbang:

WHY ALL THE HATE?

Amon Amarth rule. Children of Bodom rule, but for different reasons. Its all awesome metal. We should stick together, not tear ourselves apart.

Though Trivium, theres a band that sucks major amounts of shit. :) Is that what people call 'hardcore' or 'metalcore' or 'mallcore' or whatever?

dimebag420 said:
HA .... u guys all suck ... u should all learn what real talent is , not just easy ass riffs and crappy growling ... and its all about the live performance ... which trivium and cob had a better 1 .... u guys are all just mad because amon had to open up for a new band thats better than them and a hell of a lot younger .. ill admit im not a huge fan on there singing but there guitar work is far more superior .. i mean these guys are 20 and 23 years old there doing pretty fucking good so far ... and there harmonys kick ass ... guitar is everything . maybe amon should put some talent into theres
You're a fucking idiot. Why do you keep posting if you rather listen to fagcore bands like Trivium than solid metal like Amon Amarth? I honestly want to know how the fuck Trivium got to tour with AA and Bodom anyway...

Technicallity doesnt make a band good. Some very simple riffs can be very good man. Catatonia from Suffocation for the brutal death metal fans... Theres a simple yet extremely good(or effective?) riff... How dont see how someone cant realise that... (Btw I do play guitar, am I the best technician, nope...). So saying that COH is better then AA because of that is ridiculous. Also, implying that Johan's vocal is bad is INSANE. Not only is he a GREAT VOCALIST but is lyrics are A1. Fates of Norns is the most mature song he ever wrote by far IMO.

I went on the 10th of November show in montreal, i already posted my opinion on that but something i forgot to mention wich was GAY is when Trivium's singer said:"Nobody's too cool to get in a metal pit". Wwaa?? Shut the fuck up. What the fuck is that suppose to mean???

with your opinion. who can put COB or Trivium as 'stars of the night' when Amons play?

too cool for a metal pit? ha, trivium trys too hard, im still wondering why the fuck they get to tour with AA and COB, hundreds of other bands are so much better

I'm guessing the organizer of the tour was perhaps a homo. And the Trivium singer found that out.... next thing you know they where on tour...

P.S Anyone going to go se Fintroll?

Thor_Arise said:
I'm guessing the organizer of the tour was perhaps a homo. And the Trivium singer found that out.... next thing you know they where on tour...

P.S Anyone going to go se Fintroll?

I am if they come to SF. Yeah and it is really gay how you see an opening band that (in my opinion) is the best, then you see a shitfuck band then you see another great band. LAME.