How Is Amon Amarth the 'opener'

Thor_Arise said:
Sodom any good?

heresy ... you should be burnt at the stake for not knowing who Sodom is.
Witching metallllll !!!

That's the tour AA should be on and not some fucking COB tour with rap metal death metal wannabes from Germany.

Hail true metal ... Sodom and Finntroll is gonna be the best thing to hit the USA with the heathen fest in '06.

Btw Matt, do you know if they will only tour up north? if that is the case then I would have to fly to NY's BB Kings.

the problem i had with the trivium crowd... was all sorts of asexual ppl... and not just exclusive to the trivium crowd... sounds of the underground had all sorts of ppl like this...
my friend and i couldn't quite tell if dude just looked like a lady or if the chick was a pretty boy...
and the ridiculous hair that was at the show... some of these ppl should've been shot...
... out of a cannon and into the sun...

enjoi17 said:
Just got back from the Detroit show, and now I can definately see why Amon Amarth is not headlining this show. Sure they were interesting for maybe five minutes, but every song of theirs sounds the same and has no melodic quality to it. So them headling and playing a 2 hour set is just unimaginable and would be a snoozefest. Bodom on the other hand put on an amazing show that kept everyones attention and rocked Harpos to death. :headbang:

every song sounds the same??!!? Trivium really fucked your ears up.. listen to every album of AA and you will discover no album is the same! the sort of music maybe.. but every band has his own sound so that doesn't matter. And if you listen to trivium you're not even allowed to say that! if i would listen to trivium 5 minutes (i dont think i can make it to 5 minutes..), I would have heard all trivium offers (and thats extremely few). And it isn't because i don't like melodic quality. If you wanna hear metal with a fuckin good melodic sound, go listen to Thronar or Turisas.. or anything else you may call true metal

and now i dont want to hear anything about Trivium is better than AA..

genaatloos said:
every song sounds the same??!!? Trivium really fucked your ears up.. listen to every album of AA and you will discover no album is the same! the sort of music maybe.. but every band has his own sound so that doesn't matter. And if you listen to trivium you're not even allowed to say that! if i would listen to trivium 5 minutes (i dont think i can make it to 5 minutes..), I would have heard all trivium offers (and thats extremely few). And it isn't because i don't like melodic quality. If you wanna hear metal with a fuckin good melodic sound, go listen to Thronar or Turisas.. or anything else you may call true metal

and now i dont want to hear anything about Trivium is better than AA..

Hahahah... Man you just have to ignore the poser-metal listening fags. There all fucking retarded and listen to what's "IN". Despise all of them.

The damn Trivium fan next to me kept using his elbows to shove me. Not his hands, or his shoulders, his elbows. It fucking hurt.

Yeah I hate emo....I really do. I tired to get into thier set, but couldn't.

PaganBlood said:
once again you do not know who sodom is? just as bad as when the guy didnt know who Bolt Thrower was....
Anyway Finntroll? Are you serious belgar? This band is basically the funniest shit i have ever seen or heard. I can not take this band serious at all.
Whether you can take them seriously or not, they're still a kickass band.

Yes, they're silly, but hey, isn't deathmetal silly as well if you think about it? I mean, to a friend of mine, the growling sounds like someone's hurling into the microphone.

To each his own... except Trivium/CoB fanboys :þ

Babydollcybergoth said:
the problem i had with the trivium crowd... was all sorts of asexual ppl... and not just exclusive to the trivium crowd... sounds of the underground had all sorts of ppl like this...
my friend and i couldn't quite tell if dude just looked like a lady or if the chick was a pretty boy...
and the ridiculous hair that was at the show... some of these ppl should've been shot...
... out of a cannon and into the sun...

Damnit I hate being reminded of that. I don't want faggy ass people being part of my metal show experience.

PaganBlood said:
once again you do not know who sodom is? just as bad as when the guy didnt know who Bolt Thrower was....
Anyway Finntroll? Are you serious belgar? This band is basically the funniest shit i have ever seen or heard. I can not take this band serious at all.

It gets even funnier if you can understand Swedish.

PaganBlood said:

Ah yeah Finntroll is great you should get Trollfest, in the same style.

dimebag420 sent me the most amusing private message. I obviously hurt his feelings. It was good for a nice hearty laugh, though.

Longtime AA fan, although just used to lurk around the forum till now...
Going to the San Diego show on Nov. 29th !!!
Never even heard of Trivium until this but managed to get a hold of some stuff - - :yuk:
Probably just going to leave after Amon Amarth finish their segment.

Any idea what kind of swag AA usually has available and how much they cost (need an idea of much cash to take along)? Its almost impossible getting shirts and stuff...also figured it would be good to support em as much as possible while they're here.