How is everyone's training going?

Untitled_zpsf60b9797.jpg

5 days to beach vacation and I spent my weekend getting drunk, stoned and eating DORITOS and CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES and PIZZA. I'm carrying a good 3-4 pounds of water weight around. So I guess I'm gonna have to put myself on a strict 1200 calorie/day gym twice/day regimen today through Thursday, and spend most of my vacation swimming and running which will be amaaaazing in high-70s sunshine.

True dat. I ended up doing them today after dumbell bench. Worked my way up to doing 225 on my last set, got like 6 reps pretty easily. Didn't want to push too hard since it's been at least a year and a half since I did them. But I think they will be a staple in my Monday routine for a while.

My motivation has sucked for the last 4 days, but today was good.

What do you guys think is a mandatory shoulder exercise? I want to spice my routine up a little bit, I already do barbell military press(seated), arnold and military press(dumbbell) and I shrug with a silly machine apparatus thing, I do a lying rear delt raise(as bodybuilding.com calls it) and I have no idea what the last thing is, but I go to where you do t-bar rows in the corner and just raise that with one arm :lol:

Lifted Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday this week. I am SORE. Lungs good enough to run full capacity again. Feels good man.

Fuck having my period though, I'm carrying around like 4 lbs of water weight.

If your body works like that I will be incredibly jealous.

Anyone on a pretty serious diet? Not looking to go all no carb or nothing but always interested in finding the best snacks/meals to eat for lifting/healthier lifestyle. Already do nuts, fruits, wheat/whole grain everything with skim milk, greek yogurt, fish/chicken as main proteins, egg whites/eggs etc..anything i'm definitely missing?

Vegetables you idiot

I lost weight on vacation. Didn't keep up protein intake. Feel flabby and had a real hard time getting back into lifting yesterday, but maybe that's because it was morning/fasted.

I meant it light heartedly but now I think my sentiment was sincere. You're the one who asked what you could add to have a healthier diet! Vegetables are the healthiest foods that exist. And you can prepare them with 345734957349867349634 seasonings/dressings, I'm sure there are some methods of prep that would be edible for even the staunchest vegetable haters.

I was messing around, I don't really care if that came off too harsh.

Well what a lame answer, you say veggies but no meals to suggest! That's what I was looking for.

Can't help you there, I'm a vegetable haters myself. Easiest way I've found to work them in is beef stew in a crock pot. Throw some mixed veggies in and chunks of meat and let it sit all day. Healthy meal for dinner. Or what I mostly eat which is plain old lettuce based salad with chunks of chicken and parmesan.

As a waitress I've learn to love vegetables. It's definitely all about the seasoning. Put them in with grilled chicken and pesto sauce and they are really yummy.

By the way, I feel totally ridiculous in the gym grabbing the 3lb dumbbell to work out my arms. The only thing that's comfortable for now, though. It'd be nice to get some definition there soon.

Well what a lame answer, you say veggies but no meals to suggest! That's what I was looking for.

Buy a bunch, cut them up and sautee them in a frying pan

Microwave a sweet potato and eat it with Greek yogurt or sour cream or butter

Buy steam-in-bag medleys from Target and microwave those and add your own seasonings

Put spinach and feta and tomato and onion in an omelette

Grilled chicken/tuna salads

Power cleans today! I am finally getting the form down I think, I was able to do 155 for 8 reps I think last week. And since I skipped the gym yesterday I'll probably do some random back and tricep stuff after the power cleans. Maybe some biceps too, just pullups or whatever.