How is everyone's training going?

After doing dumbell bench for the past few weeks I went back to barbell today. MAJOR improvements. Before I was struggling to rep 205, today I got 225 up for 7 or 8 and then 235 for 4 or 5. So that was awesome.

Power cleans today! I am finally getting the form down I think, I was able to do 155 for 8 reps I think last week. And since I skipped the gym yesterday I'll probably do some random back and tricep stuff after the power cleans. Maybe some biceps too, just pullups or whatever.

I fucked up my back doing power cleans like three weeks ago and it still isn't right.

Damn guys, that sucks!! I wish you both the best of luck in recuperating, I know back injuries are the worst. My dad is suffering from similar problems at a very aggravated level and it really sucks seeing him in pain and not being able to do much. He lifted for like 20+ years and now he's not able to, it's really sad.

Atm bench is my only chest focused exercise. After bench I do deadlifts and SPR's. One set of SPR is 12-15 reps shrugs to 10ish reps of shoulder press to however many reps of upright rows you have energy for all without setting down the bar. That's my Monday.

Thursday I do bent rows, and then either T-bars or wide grip pullups, and heavy shrugs. Then I do tricep stuff like weighted dips, cable pushdowns, and kickbacks.

Friday I do power cleans and a set or two of hang cleans thrown in there. Then either something like calf raises or thrusters. Then typically I'll do heavy shoulders or biceps or both depending on how I feel. Friday is kind of my random day after the cleans. And on all days I do a lot of jump rope in between exercises.

Atm bench is my only chest focused exercise. After bench I do deadlifts and SPR's. One set of SPR is 12-15 reps shrugs to 10ish reps of shoulder press to however many reps of upright rows you have energy for all without setting down the bar. That's my Monday.

Thursday I do bent rows, and then either T-bars or wide grip pullups, and heavy shrugs. Then I do tricep stuff like weighted dips, cable pushdowns, and kickbacks.

Friday I do power cleans and a set or two of hang cleans thrown in there. Then either something like calf raises or thrusters. Then typically I'll do heavy shoulders or biceps or both depending on how I feel. Friday is kind of my random day after the cleans. And on all days I do a lot of jump rope in between exercises.

Man I can't think of only doing 1 exercise for an entire muscle workout, to me just seems like i'm missing out on overall fitness. I have been thinking of a more olympic lifting influenced day, maybe subtracting my deadlifts from my back day and doing some sort of clean and jerks or whatever, I don't know much if any about that style of working out

It irks when some asshat at the gym absconds with one of the fixed weight curl bars. I did a cursory walk around the main gym on the first floor and did not the 40 lb. weight anywhere. Of course, it could've been on the second floor but that makes no goddamn sense because it's all cardio machines there. What the fuck? This isn't your own personal gym, dipshit!

Man I can't think of only doing 1 exercise for an entire muscle workout, to me just seems like i'm missing out on overall fitness. I have been thinking of a more olympic lifting influenced day, maybe subtracting my deadlifts from my back day and doing some sort of clean and jerks or whatever, I don't know much if any about that style of working out

My routine fits in nicely with the limited time I have and it has a lot of compound lifts, so it's good enough for now. And I'm usually pretty wrecked afterwards. I skipped my workout today to work on school stuff but, but I was sore from Monday even this morning, I'm finally feeling not sore now. You should try the SPR's sometime, they are fucking brutal.

^The biggest problem we have here is when units have 'group pt', which include like 20-30 people sitting on the equipment and socializing.

Mathiäs;10557093 said:
^The biggest problem we have here is when units have 'group pt', which include like 20-30 people sitting on the equipment and socializing.

Yeah that sounds about right, but that should only be a early morning/mid afternoon problem.

My routine fits in nicely with the limited time I have and it has a lot of compound lifts, so it's good enough for now. And I'm usually pretty wrecked afterwards. I skipped my workout today to work on school stuff but, but I was sore from Monday even this morning, I'm finally feeling not sore now. You should try the SPR's sometime, they are fucking brutal.

SPR?

I still hurt from Friday. I skipped Thursday so I did some stuff I would normally do on Thursday in addition to some Friday exercises. So I did clean and presses, barbell bent over rows, reverse grip barbell bent rows, close grip bench, wide grip lat pulldowns, and close grip pulldowns since somebody was on the pullup bar. I went lighter weight higher reps on most stuff to mix things up.