How is everyone's training going?

Im still basically broken but Ive started working around it because my job isn't allowing it to heal. Still doing a variation of the Stronglifts routine, and I've been able to work around it so far. Bench is back up to 195. Squatpressing 95.

5x5 routine

I'm not in shape at all. I would love to have a six pack but have a keg instead. Any tips on how to actually give a damn enough to get in shape?

If you're outta shape it's gonna suck when you first start, no two ways about it. The pay off comes gradually as you gain health and build strength.

That said, the payoffs are life changing. I've always been in decent shape but I've been working out more in the last year than I ever had before and this is the best I've ever felt.

-I'm happier than ever
-more confident/ assertive
-energy level is way up
-sleep better
-sex drive in through the roof
-people treat me with more respect
-most of the minor aches/ pains I used to have are gone
-almost always have energy, rarely feel groggy or fatigued
-posture is seriously improved

I should mention that this is all in conjunction with a really healthy diet. You really need to do both in conjunction. But honestly I think most people can improve their lives drastically simply by increasing their exercise and improving their diet.

I was in relatively good shape a few months ago. I walked everywhere (no car) didn't eat much (no money), but ever since I was forced to move back home, there's nothing within walking distance, my mom cooks ALL the time so there's always food. Plus I have more food cravings since I quit smoking and was on some medication that made me gain weight for a while.

My sex drive is what I'm most concerned about, though. I have basically no experience and my body shape is making me feel like a pussy.

I was in relatively good shape a few months ago. I walked everywhere (no car) didn't eat much (no money), but ever since I was forced to move back home, there's nothing within walking distance, my mom cooks ALL the time so there's always food. Plus I have more food cravings since I quit smoking and was on some medication that made me gain weight for a while.

My sex drive is what I'm most concerned about, though. I have basically no experience and my body shape is making me feel like a pussy.

How long ago did you quit smoking? Honestly I would focus on getting over that addiction before worrying too much about diet and exercise. If you try and change everything at once you'll overwhelm yourself. And smoking is so fucking awful you really want to put all your energy into quitting that first.

That said, you always add a little exercise into your routine. Since you don't have a car, a bike could be a worthwhile investment.

How long ago did you quit smoking? Honestly I would focus on getting over that addiction before worrying too much about diet and exercise. If you try and change everything at once you'll overwhelm yourself. And smoking is so fucking awful you really want to put all your energy into quitting that first.

That said, you always add a little exercise into your routine. Since you don't have a car, a bike could be a worthwhile investment.

Other than the smoke I had with my friend two nights ago, I haven't had a cigarette since May. But recently I've started Klonopin, which makes me feel great. I'm now talking to girls and getting back in contact with my old friends and family. Only thing that sucks is the withdrawals will be terrible and I feel like it'll make me want to start smoking again.

The good thing is though my mom doesn't mind me smoking weed like she does with cigarettes. So once I get a job I'm probably just gonna start smoking regularly again. As long as I don't get as lazy as I did when I was at school, heh.

I'm not in shape at all. I would love to have a six pack but have a keg instead. Any tips on how to actually give a damn enough to get in shape?

Sure. Addiction replacement. Just push yourself to eat right and exercise until you feel like shit/guilty when you don't. Can't run very well if you smoke. Can't lift very well if you don't eat right. Endorphins and stuff.

For me, the biggest incentive to exercise is eating more. I can basically eat whatever the fuck I want and not gain weight (within reason). I went on vacation for a week and didn't move much and ate a bunch of fried food and sandwiches and ice cream and drank beer, and came back weighing 2 pounds less than when I left. And I'm a WOMAN - imagine how much you could eat as a young man building muscle.

Other than the smoke I had with my friend two nights ago, I haven't had a cigarette since May. But recently I've started Klonopin, which makes me feel great. I'm now talking to girls and getting back in contact with my old friends and family. Only thing that sucks is the withdrawals will be terrible and I feel like it'll make me want to start smoking again.

The good thing is though my mom doesn't mind me smoking weed like she does with cigarettes. So once I get a job I'm probably just gonna start smoking regularly again. As long as I don't get as lazy as I did when I was at school, heh.

Yeah weed isn't as bad, as long as you don't let the lazy inclinations get to you. And doing some exercises high can actually be pretty fun.

Yoga stoned is fun. Especially if you're doing it by yourself, because if you feel like staying in one position for 10 minutes it's totally fine. Swimming stoned is also fun, but I always get paranoid I'm gonna run into my lane partner.

I've never actually thought of exercise under various influences, but it sounds interesting. Especially swimming, since I grew up on the beach...

Right now my life is kinda crazy and I have to get a bunch of stuff sorted out (like, you know, A JOB) before I can even think about getting buff. This site is keeping me sane.

Kinda forgot about this thread. I started eating eggs for breakfast most days instead of cereal, and I've noticed a definite improvement in my lifts.

Right now my life is kinda crazy and I have to get a bunch of stuff sorted out (like, you know, A JOB) before I can even think about getting buff. This site is keeping me sane.

Everyone says stuff like this but you can seriously get a lot done by doing pushups, pullups and running outside. It'll make you feel more confident in the job hunt too :D

It's pretty crazy. Like a couple weeks ago when I was still eating cereal, I was struggling hardcore to rep 225 for 7 or 8 on bench. Yesterday I got it up 12 times. And last week I had a PR on straight bar deadlifts. I'm liking this a lot. I don't drink protein shakes or anything either. Just 4 boiled eggs and some toast with peanut butter, maybe a glass of milk for breakfast on workout days, and milk and toast with peanut butter on off days. That's really the only change I made. For lunch I usually eat like a roast beef or turkey sandwich, and have snacks throughout the day.

I'm no Gaston.
Gaston.gif