How is everyone's training going?

Man, every summer I'm reminded why I prefer the SW to the SE. I'd rather have a dry 110 than a humid 75. Get up to do a sunrise run and it's 75 with 80% humidity and dewpoint at 71. Get alllllll that water up in your lungs.

I have a bunch of dance shows this summer lined up... So, I definitely need to get back to eating a bit healthier and renting the studio regularly for practice. Even take a few yoga classes too. Really good thing I don't gain weight when I slack off, just wonder how long that will last. Can't imagine much longer but my sister gives me hope. She's smaller than me and is 28. Anyways, time to take my health a bit more seriously.

I've been rowing (C2) a ton lately. Set a pr for a 2k in 6:48 which was awesome. My goal by end of summer is >6:30. Other than that, I went back on a GJ Foundation program that's pretty volume heavy, but it's great.

Yesterday's session:

Squats
Goblet Squats
10 min AD
--------------
8x3 Power Clean @ 70%

Then:
50-40-30-20-10 Back Squats @ 120#, Plank Pulls/Ring Rows (Parallel, feet on box), Push Ups.

-------------------------

Afternoon session:
5x 30/30 FLR (Rings) & Tuck Sit
10x Shoulder Dislocate
20min AD
Foam Roll

They're great for warming up and improving mobility and squat form.

I guess you could use them for burn out sets after leg work but front/split/zercher squats (and regular back squats) all allow for much more weight unless you're some sorta monster.

Just had a nasty session:

2k row for time/rest amount of time taken
1k row for time/rest amount of time taken
500m row

I ended up with 2k@6:44, 1K@3:24, 500m@ 1:36.

Damn that sucked but it was fun. Shaved another 4 seconds off my previous 2kpr.

My fitness level is improving more than I expected, unless clothing standards are relaxing faster than I thought. I haven't been in 30x30s uh, ever, but I am now quite easily. My "barefoot" (Vibram 5toe) running is nearly up to a mile and a half distance and I'm inching closer to my previous 23 pullup max with 15. Pretty happy with my "beachbod" atm. Took me less than 6 mos of work to come back from a fatty ledge.

Fuck em. I had the 3 fat bitc- err women running the clothing section/congregating around the dressing rooms at walmart loudly (enough for me to hear) proclaiming to my retreating backside the other day "fuckin stud". I'm not proud of that. I wish I could sue.

Actually, to give a more accurate report of what happened. A fat white bitch let me into the dressing room, then while trying on the different pants she called her fellow employees over for various reasons, and when I walked out 2 fat black bit-I mean women and the original woman were standing there at the dressing room counter watching me all the way from the the dressing room and back as I replaced what didn't fit and picked up more clothing, with the aforementioned comments being loudly pronounced in my direction. I think "beachbod" could have been extricated from any of the 3 short fat bods salivating over me in that 30 min period.

NoumeGnon I wanna pic. hahaha oh walmart. All the walmarts around me (2) are primarily black dudes and they LOVE me. Last time I was there a dude told me I was the most perfect white angel he had ever seen and he wanted me to "take him away from this dark place"... his name was marion and he was hella persistent, so I told him I would take his number and call him. He did offer to buy me a fried chicken dinner at Louisiana's fried chicken but I declined and never contacted him.

My training is going well. Im always off and on with this shit, But my older brother is getting married in like 107 days (yes I am counting), and I REALLY wanna look good, there is gonna be a lot of family and people there I haven't seen in a while so I guess for the next 107 days I am gonna force myself to workout and not be a major foodie. UGH. so hard. OH I did just buy a month membership to hot yoga so lets see how it goes... :)

You could trade the hot yoga for heavy squats, deadlifts and lunges and get some real results in 3 months.

Shit you must lift bro.
I'm over weight. The hot yoga will definitely help me drop pounds!!
It's not all I'm doing, I also have a gym at my apartment and I do cardio and weights there.

lol@pics, Im not brodudish enough to start taking half naked selfies.

I really enjoy the barefoot running style more than regular, and it is definitely a more efficient workout imo. Hit 20 pullups today with some kipping. Still pretty stoked.

Barefoot running? Haha that would be so shitty here. Maybe on some nice grass. And who ever said half naked pics?
What's kipping?

Well any fitness pic is usually sans some articles of clothing.

barefoot-info.gif

I use some thicker soled Vibram Five Toe shoes. I wouldn't run anywhere with no protection, never know whats gonna be on the ground.

Kipping is basically the motion of the lower body when doing pullups if you don't go slow enough/maintain enough rigidity when doing them. You can intentionally kip to add a little momentum.

Ah ok. Got it. I have seen those toe shoes!! They look silly but I'm sure they make a difference.
I can hardly do a couple pull ups! Out of shape over here. Here's a question- what do you (or anyone reading this) like to listen to while working out? I've been listening to some old gangster rap and some random metal... Nothing really getting me pumped though.
Also has anyone tried pre workouts? I'm using this one... (Pic below) and it's pretty damn intense!! I have the fruit punch one. It works!!

I run to MDM or thrash, and usually lift to thrash or death. One of my go to albums is this one:

Edit: I'm using zero supps right now (other than a standard multivite). Just a diet heavy on eggs, and supplemented with rice, pasta, cheese, chicken, and fish.

For getting pumped up nothing beats what I would refer to as "meathead metal". Heavy, aggressive, lots of breakdowns. So, newer thrash, some metalcore (eg Lamb of God), etc.

I use MDM for running some because of the rhythms (Soilwork does a great job). Sometimes thrash or core can be a little too choppy for long runs.

Last edited by a moderator: