How is everyone's training going?

I think it's a scam so people buy more protein powder. Supplement industry is full of bullshit.

More or less. I don't even mess with protein powder most of the time. Eggs, chicken, and fish. I do keep some NOW brand whey isolate around, but use it sparingly.

If you eat meat it's probably unnecessary. 1g protein per lb bodyweight is plenty for builsing muscle. You can easily get stronger on less.

I eat eggs a meat dinner and shit loads of PB and I still need the extra protein. Sure you can tone but why tone when you can be fucking huge?

I don't think its possible to eat too much protein. Whether you get it through foods or shakes it doesn't matter

You can eat enough that it's not good for you.

You don't need ridiculous amounts to get massive.

Lol @ toning.

Going pretty well for me. I'm a naturally lean frame (6'2 140 lbs when I graduated HS) and I don't think I'll ever be all that built. If I can hold steady at my current 170 but get a more defined shape I'll be happy. I'm feeling better overall and am shooting just for more of a cut look. No sense in fighting natural tendencies, but rather enhance them.

Today I'm finally having a cheat meal and I cannot wait.
But feeling pretty focused regarless. The wedding is 99 days away and I'm mad determined to look and feel better.
I just reserved a rad hotel room for that weekend which I may cancel. Now I just gotta find someone to go with. All of which doesn't pertain to my training so ... End rant!

I'm also thinking about buying a bike.

I don't want a fixed gear that's for sure... Maybe something light and something I can put a little basket on?
I know very little about bikes....
Something like this would be ideal I guess.

Spent the past few weeks on a daily regimen of jogging and kayaking. Today I skipped the jog and kayaked 11 miles through the coastal waters of Maine. Hella sore, sunbaked, and encrusted with salt.

Losing fat is done best by diet first then working out second

Yup. Trying to lose 30 pounds in time for the wedding (a year away). I've lost eight pounds in the last month mostly through diet and hitting the gym three times a week. I've flipped my meals. I eat a really big breakfast, moderate lunch, and a small dinner. It makes sense to me because you need more calories at the beginning of the day to get you going; a moderate amount to hold you over; and a little at the end. Sample...

Breakfast

Scramble consisting of 1 whole egg and 1/3 - 1/2 cup of egg whites, with some shredded turkey breast
Yogurt or cottage cheese
Slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter

Snack: Epic Chicken w/ Sriracha protein bar

Lunch
Roasted chicken
Frozen veggies
(maybe rice)

Snack: banana

Dinner
Salad with tomatoes, cucumber and chicken strips

I've also cut WAY back on beer and have instead switched to sparkling water. It satisfies both the cold beverage quality and fizzy factor