How is everyone's training going?

Excellent! I'm pretty much eating no carbs at the moment. Keto diet is what it's called I think. Works well for me. Just takes a bit for me to get used to it, I don't always use the ore workout, just when I feel lazy. I found a really yummy protein called ISOpure... It's no carbs!! Yay!!

I've found my body responds really well to a high protein/fat and low carb diet. Carbs are pretty much my kryptonite, so I try to limit them as much as I can. Alcohol and apple juice are probably my main source lol.

The only supplement I take daily is oil. Protein after lifting or if I don't feel like eating as much/am not going to reach around 160g without overeating. Tried creatine before but it didn't do shit for me. Multivitamins seem like a waste of money. I get 10+ portions of fruit/vegetables a day which I'm fairly certain does a better job of keeping me healthy than eating whatever the average is in the UK/US (something like 3) and taking a multivitamin.

Always viewed pre-workouts as overpriced crap too. Coffee costs nowhere near as much and it tastes better.

I usually listen to death and black metal. Listened to these two albums a lot recently.

Anything reasonably fast and pissed off sounding is fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I probably don't need the multivite with my diet, but they aren't expensive and can't really hurt. I've used creatine for recovery purposes in the past and may do so again in the future if I start lifting heavy again, but I wouldn't "load". I tried NOxplode etc before years ago and also never found I get any better benefit than coffee.

I take a decent amount of vitamins when I remember. Probably ends up happening like 4-5 days out of the week.
Multi, oil, b12, and a couple others. Coffees a good pre workout sometimes the one I drink makes me very jittery. And yeah my body responds well to that diet too.

I probably don't need the multivite with my diet, but they aren't expensive and can't really hurt. I've used creatine for recovery purposes in the past and may do so again in the future if I start lifting heavy again, but I wouldn't "load". I tried NOxplode etc before years ago and also never found I get any better benefit than coffee.

For most people I think loading is probably a waste of money.

There are so many terms idk at all. Loading? Like on bulking stuff?
I don't wanna bulk up I wanna lose fat! What supplements can I take that'll help do that?
I don't wanna be cracked out!!

I make my shakes with milk. 2 scoops of protein, small amount of glucose, and like a tablespoon of creatine for recovery.

I don't recommend more than ~25g protein per shake, rest comes out of your butthole via farts. Noticed more gains by drinking a ~25g shake versus ~40g.

Your body doesn't give a fuck either way.

Unless you're real fucking impatient, it is. Great, you can reach saturation in a few days, coulda got to the same place given a few weeks. Most people that load seem to take ridiculous mounts too, and then they bitch about getting stomach aches.

Losing fat is done best by diet first then working out second

Bingo. And lifting makes way more sense than doing fuck loads of boring cardio as it'll maintain, probably increase, your muscle mass, raise your metabolic rate and help prevent you from finishing your weight loss all skinny-fat.