How is everyone's training going?

LOL damn dude. If I'm in the gym two hours I call it a marathon session. My stepdad's like that. Lifelong USMC, does Iron Man triathlons and shit (or used to before his hip started going on him). Dude would do 3-4 hour workouts and shit, blows my mind.

Ya, that's why I'm so opposed to working out for any longer than an hour. The hikes we used to go on would tear you up. I still have knee and back problems from carrying heavy loads, sleep depravity, and stress (more-so overseas though). Endurance training can kiss my nuts now.

My workouts are all over the place in terms of length. My strength days are 90-120 minutes, my running days are about 30-45 but a hefty amount of that time is rest, and my conditioning days are anywhere between 10 minutes and a half hour (which is generally no-rest).

So my weight hasn't really changed, but my "too small" dress is almost a "fits just right" dress now. HOLLER.

holla holla, I'm hollain atcha

I did pull-ups, push-ups, lawnmowers with a dumbbells, vertical press with dumbbells, and 200 hindu squats last night. That was fun.

edit: Oh, and my workout lasted 21 minutes, I rested a little bit longer than normal between exercises because I was watching Obama feed the nation shit.

Yup. Weight doesn't really matter. It's all about body composition.

Definitely. Less muscle but shredded will look a lot bigger than more muscle but soft. A buddy of mine did a bodybuilding show (natural), and weighed a whopping 167 there. But he looked amazing. Two months out he was 185 and barely looked like he exercised.

I'm 205-ish now, down from 235+ and I look bigger than before just because there's less fat.

TODAY'S HELL: a 12-minute AMRAP of 1 squat-clean, 2 squat-cleans, then 3 squat-cleans of 155. What I mean is one rep, bar stops on the floor; 2 reps, bar stops on the floor; 3 reps, bar stops on the floor; repeat. Didn't even count rounds because I was trying too hard not to vomit.

Wow, I haven't been here for so long. I have, however, been reading threads every now and then.

I've been doing a lot of high intensity interval training, at least 3 to 5 times a week depending on my daily schedule. I'm down from 180 lb to 173 lb, shedding flab and attempting to tone my body. My height is 5'10". I've changed my diet to a heavy breakfast, medium breakfast and mostly protein dinner, snacking in between sometimes. I want to find a way I can check my fat percentage, not sure how to though.

I think my next step is to do some strength training to get stronger and maybe build some muscle. What's a relatively good training regime I can do at home? I'm equipped with a pull up bar, dumb bells and resistance bands.

Wow, I haven't been here for so long. I have, however, been reading threads every now and then.

I've been doing a lot of high intensity interval training, at least 3 to 5 times a week depending on my daily schedule. I'm down from 180 lb to 173 lb, shedding flab and attempting to tone my body. My height is 5'10". I've changed my diet to a heavy breakfast, medium breakfast and mostly protein dinner, snacking in between sometimes. I want to find a way I can check my fat percentage, not sure how to though.

I think my next step is to do some strength training to get stronger and maybe build some muscle. What's a relatively good training regime I can do at home? I'm equipped with a pull up bar, dumb bells and resistance bands.

Refer to below.

holla holla, I'm hollain atcha

I did pull-ups, push-ups, lawnmowers with a dumbbells, vertical press with dumbbells, and 200 hindu squats last night. That was fun.

edit: Oh, and my workout lasted 21 minutes, I rested a little bit longer than normal between exercises because I was watching Obama feed the nation shit.

My BJJ training has been going well lately. I have done it for about a year now and every now and then I notice great improvements. Last spring it had alot to do with positioning but now I actually start to submit fellow white belts in sparring. Even having a chance against more experienced white belts. Still blue belts are way ahead of me however.

Im happy with my progress. I usually train at the dojo 2 times a week and I had a few weeks off last summer and a couple of months off this summer so Im not training super hard or anything. This is still, by far, the most fun I've had with training anything (and I've tried quite a few things in my youth). I highly recomend it.

Relative to my body weight and height, what should I be lifting? I haven't really used weights in a fair while, it's mainly been body weight exercises with push ups, pull ups, etc.

There's no way to really tell just based on your stats. Regardless of what exercises you do, you have to start with a weight you can use, then gradually build up strength over time. What kind of exercises would you like to do? With what you have, pull ups and push ups are good, but if you get heavier dumbbells you can do presses, flies, bicep curls, tricep extencisons, lunges, shoulder presses (and various other shoulder exercises), shrugs...

You just have to figure out what weight you can do for each exercise at how many reps, then go from there.

Relative to my body weight and height, what should I be lifting? I haven't really used weights in a fair while, it's mainly been body weight exercises with push ups, pull ups, etc.

Isn't the answer to this always "as heavy as you can?" I'm not trying to be sarcastic or a dick; my impression of weightlifting was that this was always the goal if you want to build muscle.

I had a kind of shitty lifting session this morning. I ate like 7000 calories over the weekend and had pot brownies yesterday so I'm like "derrrrrrrrrp" today. Gonna try to run after work but I packed a really small lunch and might run out of steam.