How long is Opeth playing on Gigantour?

david411

May 7, 2002
Seattle WA
Visit site
Im more than likely going to go just to see opeth, although I like Megadeth at times aswell. It seems like for all the ads, banners, posters, LOG and Megadeth are in the same size big writing at the top followed by AE and Opeth in the same size writing right below them, I know its going to be these 4 bands on the main stage. And Im assuming they'll be getting the same amount of time as Arch Enemy.
Is LOG and Megadeth Co-headlining (ie playing the same amount of time?) if not, im imagining MEgadeth 1.5 hours, LOG 1 hour, AE and Opeth 45 minutes?
Id love too see opeth for an hour, that extra 15 minutes makes a world of difference

I'd assume that it's going to be the way it was setup last year

Megadeth - 1.5hr
Dream Theater - 1.5hr (LoG this year)
Fear Factory - 45min (Opeth this year)
Dillenger Escape Plan - I think they got either 30 or 45 (Arch Enemy this year)

etc

NicholasDWolfwood said:
I'd assume that it's going to be the way it was setup last year

Megadeth - 1.5hr
Dream Theater - 1.5hr (LoG this year)
Fear Factory - 45min (Opeth this year)
Dillenger Escape Plan - I think they got either 30 or 45 (Arch Enemy this year)

etc

If only they were to switch Opeth with LoG then that'd work out just fine. I love both bands but of course I love Opeth more.

Into Eternity better get more than like 15 minutes too haha. I swear last year Nevermore played for like 20 minutes tops :(

Not long enough I'm sure

I look forward to seeing the final 4 acts. I'm really enjoying the new Lamb of God. I haven't seen Megadeth in a long time. Arch Enemy is really good. And ofcourse there is the mighty Opeth who will put them all in their place :headbang:

I think we'll be lucky to get 5 songs out of Opeth. Hopefully someone on here will be going to the Boise show on Sept 6th & will fill us in

illidurit said:
when I saw them they only played the radio edit of grand conujartion and megadeth played 500 songs! what a ripogff!

dang killah, you got that much? We only got the first half of the Grand Conjuration. Megadeth cut their power off halfway through.

I can't tell you how happy I am that Boston only has 5 bands (Overkill, Arch Enemy, Opeth, LOG, Megadeth). I love 3 of those bands (1, 3, 5) and I know nothing of the bands which were scrapped. I'm hoping we get a longer set because of this.

Should this happen, let it be known that I shall be the first to gloat.

wwallinga said:
I can't tell you how happy I am that Boston only has 5 bands (Overkill, Arch Enemy, Opeth, LOG, Megadeth). I love 3 of those bands (1, 3, 5) and I know nothing of the bands which were scrapped. I'm hoping we get a longer set because of this.

when Opeth came down here earlier this year, Dark Tranquility didn't show up so we got an extended set. DT was stuck at the airport or something

You live in Raleigh, Sean? I have a boot of that show and Mike comments on DT being from the "anus of Sweden" and having a late flight or something like that :)

Regardless, Opeth will more than likely have FF's 45 min slot.

wwallinga said:

Hey, that's a good point!