How Long Will Opeth Play On Progressive Nation UK Dates?

inabsentia

Old git-still rocking
Sep 3, 2004
Manchester
Asking because the show I'm considering going to (Manchester) says it is a 7.30 start and I know there is a strict 11pm curfew at this venue.

Working on an assumption of 15 minute change overs and 30 minute sets for the first two bands that means Opeth won't come on until 9pm. Assuming Dream Theater will want to do at least 90 minutes that leaves.... 15 minutes for Opeth???

OK that won't be right and I've read elsewhere that Opeth will get 60 minutes but I just don't see how this can possibly work given the times. To make it work it would have to be a 6.45 start and I don't fancy shelling out 70 quid for a pair of tickets for anything under an hour from Opeth.

Good point, I'll probably get tickets however long they play though as I haven't seen them before and they probably wont play any gigs next year :(

That's the thing, seen them twice already this year, three times last year... not that I'd ever tire of watching them live, but 30 quid (£35 after Ticketbastard have added their cut) for potentially half an hour is too much- I don't mind DT really, on CD anyway, never been a big fan live though - feel like I'm at a music lesson not a gig sometimes!!!

^ If you go to the Palace Theatre box office there is no booking fee if you pay with cash.

Thanks for that - I was aware they did the box office 'over the counter' - I got Journey tickets from there last time they were touring here but paid by debit card then. Thirty quid is still too much for my liking though if there is going to be under an hour of Opeth:)