More on that spooky Evil Darkness Tour (I can't help myself)

Did I read that correctly? The promoter for the ED tour is 19?
From the interview:
Evil Darkness: I first became involved in music was like in the late 90's. I was dabbling here and there with Internet Radio, and at the same time I was working in the computer industry, and then as I got older things took a change to more music. I wanted to become a drummer originally, but that hasn't worked out too well yet, still need to get a kit! lol!
If that's so then at what age did he start working? 13? 14?

Harvester said:
Rick,

I think you did an excellent job in terms of courtesy and professionalism. I do realize that SC is connected to the tour and I think its a great thing for your store and you did what you had to do. I will be honest (nothing personal at all) and say that it was a "fluff" interview in which you couldn't really ask the hard questions or make the comments that several of us have said about the tour.

I won't repeat the things that I have said on my own forum questioning his sanity, but I would like to high to anyone else? Perhaps someone in the goth community could verify just how much influence the station has in terms of people listening?

I wish him luck, but being 19 years old and having a ton of money (from his family shares in their computer company in Flordia) & enthusiasm doesn't mean you are bulletproof and understand how the touring world works.

Glenn H

Nothing personal taken Glen. Thank you for realizing that we did what we had to do, and stating that publicly. We have to support the bands that support SC.com.

As far as KRR, I had never heard of it. However, that doesn't mean it isn't popular... I just don't know. My friend Chris runs Goth Metal.net, and I'm usually listening Gotham Radio. I do plan on becoming a KRR listener, I've had some family situations this past month and a half and my time has been very limited.

Thanks to everyone who actually reads what I wrote. I sincerely appreciate it. You rule!

BTW - look for SC.com radio coming to a computer near you... soon.
-RBH

Harvester said:
AMBR said:
quote]

http://legorion.deviantart.com/

Glenn H.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

So the guy (kid) running this is some (remarks deleted by Harvester, re: no personal attacks, just business attacks allowed)

This is just too hilarious. I feel so so so so so sorry for any band duped into signing on to this. I love how he thinks he can rent out a 20k seat arena and think he use 2k of the seats, like the arena can have two things going on. What, is it gonna be a combination gothmetal/dog show tour?

edit: a thought just occured to me: WACKEN, the biggest metal festival in the WORLD gets about 30k, roughly in attendance (so I've heard, give or take a few grand Im sure). This is a once a year event that draws the biggest metalheads from Europe and elsewhere...and this little (deleted again..sorry) wants to have, essentially, a Wacken sized TOUR of the US??????

Harvester said:
AMBR said:
quote]

http://legorion.deviantart.com/

Glenn H.
Oh boy, that explains a lot.

The sad thing about the age factor, not including the lack of experience, is the inability to take any advice. Reading through the ED forum, it seems he comes up with an answer for every possible negative point brought up, but the answers are vague and idealistic without real substance.

I think the biggest shame is that it would be great to have a guy with that amount of enthusiasm and capital to make more metal festivals happen here. Unfortunatlely, he's not taking the time to go through the learning curve and get his feet wet with a smaller production, but is jumping right in to the "ultimate dream". When this crashes and burns, it will not only piss off the bands but burn bridges with the labels and venues, making it harder to try it again later.

He may have the money, but what he doesn't realize yet, is it's harder to rebuild your credibility then rebuild your credit rating.

Sonic Cathedral said:
As far as KRR, I had never heard of it. However, that doesn't mean it isn't popular... I just don't know. My friend Chris runs Goth Metal.net, and I'm usually listening Gotham Radio. I do plan on becoming a KRR listener, I've had some family situations this past month and a half and my time has been very limited.

It seems to have quite a number of listeners but most of their top requested music is stuff like System of a Down, Cold, Seether, My Chemical Romance, Marilyn Manson, & Linkin Park. Stuff that if you do actually have a rock radio station in your area (which I do), you can still hear anytime. The most popular artist that's along the lines of the tour is Nightwish, and there's no way Nightwish is doing that show. And Nightwish only sells out clubs that can pack about 800 people in large cities. So you can tout a huge number of listeners, but what are they listening to? People who listen to generic radio rock aren't going to spend $100+ on a ticket to see goth rock/metal unless maybe HIM & The Rasmus is on the bill. And apparently kids are saying they're going to go to like 6 shows on this tour. I wish I had rich parents to mooch off of.

And on another note, I just noticed that radio station is using my initials :(

Harvester said:
Perhaps someone in the goth community could verify just how much influence the station has in terms of people listening?

I'd never heard of them prior to Paul Cashman telling me about this tour.

Jibrille said:
It seems to have quite a number of listeners but most of their top requested music is stuff like System of a Down, Cold, Seether, My Chemical Romance, Marilyn Manson, & Linkin Park. Stuff that if you do actually have a rock radio station in your area (which I do), you can still hear anytime.

I noticed that, too.

Peeps;

I want to get this out of the way ASAP. Many of us at OSA has echoed many of the same concerns that people on this board have regarding ED. A few of us decided to try to help out by being part of the street team. Now, I am NOT speaking for OSA, nor am I authorized to do so. I am speaking for myself. I am on it in New York. That said, I myself have said to Chris on his own board that he should consider scaling it down, for his own sake, if nothing else. Now, I will say this. I do not think this is all Chris. I believe there is something bigger going on.

One of the backers is Mastersound Entertainment. This consortium is run by a gent named Alexander Krull. Sound familiar? He just happens to be Liv Kristine's husband. Furthermore, he is the European talent scout for Roadrunner. Why is this significant? Three things: 1)Do you REALLY believe that Alex Krull would get into a deal with a 19-year old promoter eyes shut? Remember, he is not just an artist, he is also a BUSINESSMAN. You have to be to manage an entertainment company.2)If Krull is involved, how far behind is Roadrunner? I do not think that Krull would be stupid enough to get involved without the expressed consent of Roadrunner, since it would jeopardize his position within the company. 3) Roadrunner is trying to get their own tour for next summer off the ground. So, this is what I believe: I believe that Krull and Roadrunner do not have the economic firepower to get this tour going as they would like it. Enter eager and enthusiastic Chris Clai, 19 year old patsy with a checkbook. Now, this tour can start moving. They are banking on this blowing up in his face, so Roadrunner can come in, groundwork and basic advertising already completed, and arena contracts signed, to actually run the tour with little more than seed money to pay the bands. Clai loses everything and Roadrunner makes out like a bandit.

Now, this may be far fetched. But, after reading hundreds of posts, and understanding how cutthroat the music industry is, this very well could be the endgame. Now, I will do everything short of shanghaing people to come to the ED tour. I want this to succeed in the worst way. But, I also fear what very well could be the inevitable.

Peace,
Ray C.

Stingray11214 said:
Peeps;

I want to get this out of the way ASAP. Many of us at OSA has echoed many of the same concerns that people on this board have regarding ED. A few of us decided to try to help out by being part of the street team. Now, I am NOT speaking for OSA, nor am I authorized to do so. I am speaking for myself. I am on it in New York. That said, I myself have said to Chris on his own board that he should consider scaling it down, for his own sake, if nothing else. Now, I will say this. I do not think this is all Chris. I believe there is something bigger going on.

One of the backers is Mastersound Entertainment. This consortium is run by a gent named Alexander Krull. Sound familiar? He just happens to be Liv Kristine's husband. Furthermore, he is the European talent scout for Roadrunner. Why is this significant? Three things: 1)Do you REALLY believe that Alex Krull would get into a deal with a 19-year old promoter eyes shut? Remember, he is not just an artist, he is also a BUSINESSMAN. You have to be to manage an entertainment company.2)If Krull is involved, how far behind is Roadrunner? I do not think that Krull would be stupid enough to get involved without the expressed consent of King Diamond (Roadrunners "owner" as I understand it) since it would jeopardize his position within the company. 3) Roadrunner is trying to get their own tour for next summer off the ground. So, this is what I believe: I believe that Krull and Diamond do not have the economic firepower to get this tour going as they would like it. Enter eager and enthusiastic Chris Clai, 19 year old patsy with a checkbook. Now, this tour can start moving. They are banking on this blowing up in his face, so Roadrunner can come in, groundwork and basic advertising already completed, and arena contracts signed, to actually run the tour with little more than seed money to pay the bands. Clai loses everything and Roadrunner makes out like a bandit.

Now, this may be far fetched. But, after reading hundreds of posts, and understanding how cutthroat the music industry is, this very well could be the endgame. Now, I will do everything short of shanghaing people to come to the ED tour. I want this to succeed in the worst way. But, I also fear what very well could be the inevitable.

Peace,
Ray C.

King Diamond being the owner of Roadrunner?
Now that's funny!!!

That is what I heard. I could very well be wrong. But, I have seen that in an email from Roadrunner.

Peace,
Ray C.

Stingray11214 said:
That is what I heard. I could very well be wrong. But, I have seen that in an email from Roadrunner.

Peace,
Ray C.

From Roadrunner's website, re: press release for the Roadrunner United Album:

"In June 2004, Roadrunner's owner, Cees Wessels, asked me to come up with an idea to celebrate Roadrunner's 25th anniversary," recalls A&R visionary Monte Conner. "I knew that for it to be really special, we would need to come up with a record that involved many musicians, one that was truly a collaboration on a grand scale, with songs written by, played by and sung by different people. An album that would cover the entire history of Roadrunner and feature some of our most legendary artists from the past, right up to and including musicians from our newest signings."

Glenn H.

Harvester said:
From Roadrunner's website, re: press release for the Roadrunner United Album:

"In June 2004, Roadrunner's owner, Cees Wessels, asked me to come up with an idea to celebrate Roadrunner's 25th anniversary," recalls A&R visionary Monte Conner. "I knew that for it to be really special, we would need to come up with a record that involved many musicians, one that was truly a collaboration on a grand scale, with songs written by, played by and sung by different people. An album that would cover the entire history of Roadrunner and feature some of our most legendary artists from the past, right up to and including musicians from our newest signings."

Glenn H.

As I said, I could have been wrong about the owners. I saw it in the email that I was quoting.

Peace,
Ray C.

As I said earlier, I could be wrong about who actually owns Roadrunner. A friend of mine asked that question a few weeks ago, and that was the reply.
However, I have edited my original post to avoid any conflict.

Peace,
Ray C.