EVIL DARKNESS TOUR part III

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
This needs a new thread... Look what their email update has just informed...

We Will Rise...

Dear Fans,

It's with a heavy heart that we announce this news, however, there is
sunlight breaking through the clouds, so please read this entire
letter. This decision was made unanimous between 12 Contiga
Broadcasting Employees, the same 12 in which decided to start the tour
this weekend, and ratified by the 2 lead Managers, Christopher Clai and
Chad Coburn.

The Evil Darkness Tour has been in plan for more than 2 years, with
thousands spent on research, and heavy work that has been done the past
5 months here at CBC to try and make this tour a reality. However,
thanks to factors beyond our immediate control, we are rescheduling the
tour one final time to Spring/Summer 2007. The fall 2007 tour run is
also still on schedule and at this time, will not be changed. As you
will remember we pushed the tour back 1 month as we consolidated the
tour schedule, as the first schedule was a pre-emptive schedule.

We want the bands to have the greatest success possible here in the
United States , and at this point in time, we do not feel that with the
time restraints we have been put under due to factors we will not
release publicly.

Many of the bands that we have been in negotiations with, have great
aspirations for this tour and have dreams for a many nights about doing
an Arena Tour in the United States, and we have no intention of taking
that away from them. In fact we will help them reach that dream, in
2007 and we hope that you, the fans, and the media who cover this
market, will join in hands with us, as we come to welcome these bands
in early 2007.

The bands are being notified of this news, just as you are being
updated on it. As they state their commitments or drops from this tour,
we will announce it on our forums.

Contiga Broadcasting Corporation is committed to this tour, and by no
means, will it be cancelled, and if we cancel this tour in 2007 those
who claimed this tour would fail, may by all means, have a field day,
dance around and rejoice for its fall, however, hate to say, that's not
going to be happening.

So, what good news can come from this? Well, quite a lot. Many were
discouraged at the fact that by the time they heard of the tour, it was
already beyond the time for them to put their 2 cents in on where they
would like the tour to stop. First of all, we are reopening requests
for city stops around the United States , and we will even look at
Canada as a possible option. This will be open until the summer of
2006. After that, we will be posting the official tour schedule around
45 days later.

The street teams will still remain active by all means. Those who are
willing to stay with the street team will be welcomed to, and the same
benefits will apply. Those who were already promised VIP tickets, and
such, will still get them in Early 2007. That we will not back down
from either.

We are going to continue negotiating with the bands, throughout 2005
and 2006 to ensure that we meet their needs 100%.

So what else will happen with the tour? We will restart mainstream
promotions beginning in early 2006. Contiga Broadcasting will also be
launching several FM Stations, the first in Orlando , Florida which
will be featuring this music, and other music on Killer Rock Radio. We
will continue our promotions plan, as designed, and everything else
will still be going to plan.

Some bands will still be coming to the United States in 2006 regardless
of the moving of this tour, and we will keep you updated on their
progress and let you know how to see them on tour. In effect, we will
be promoting them throughout 2006 regardless!

Contiga Broadcasting will also be working with Komodo Dragon Records to
set some minor concerts for their bands they are signing, some of which
are on the Evil Darkness Tour, around the country.

Over the next week, we will be updating the website to reflect this
change and prepare for the spring 2007 tour. The forums will also be
updated to feature such changes.

For those who have stuck by the tour, we hope you will continue to do
so, and understand our reasoning for rescheduling this tour. We, as the
fans and the bands, have great hopes for this tour, and would like to
ensure that we go about it correctly.

If you would like to state your support, anger, frustration, or
whatever about this news, you are more than welcome to, just register
on the forums and put it in the “Whore n ‘Thank n' Hate Us” section.

We thank you for the time in reading this, and voicing your support for
the tour, and all the promotions you all have done, and we hope you
will continue to do in the future.

We will rise….

Sincerely,

Christopher Clai “KillerPenguin”

President & CEO

Contiga Broadcasting Corporation
I guess it's not happening for a good while...

An earthquake, squirting fire, bursting ground
Satan's screaming, and earth swallowing him away!

AngraRULES said:
Christopher Clai “KillerPenguin”

OK, now I think I know the inspiration for Glenn's peguin avatar last month!

Now I got to figure out the hidden meaning behind his new avatar with the squirrel sporting balls so big that it looks like the poor fellow hasn't... :loco:

Hey, this pushes it back far enough for the new Nightwish to possibly get on it. I might actually give it a shot if this were the case, assuming of course that the whole thing isn't a big fraud.

I'd be surprised if they can pull this off.
The logistics are MIND BOGGLING !!! :hotjump: :OMG: o_O
I know some of what Glenn goes through each year with just 10 bands in a single venue ... and I have seen what kind of crazy problems bands can have at the Canadian border with paperwork (only 22 of us on that tour).....
Best iof luck to them, but I certaintly wouldn't be in a rush to see a final list of bands/venues or buy tickets

I think thier planning somehting huge here. It sounds silly now, but I bet their gearing up to make female fronted goth/metal acts teh latest craze. Evanescence on steroids, and manly enough for men to not be ashamed to like. Seriously, thats the ONLY way it'll work. Their just trying to time it right, IMO

So.... the reasoning for the fall tour to avoid conflicting with the summer European festivals was apparently just a load of crap since they're aiming for a spring/summer 2007 tour. Meh. By summer of 2006 this thing will probably be history or not until 2010. And spring/summer & fall 2007 tours? So now they're going to say this feat will succeed twice less than 6 months apart? I'm sorry, I can only support 1 $100+ show a year (which actually ends up more like $800-$1000). And that's already taken up by Progpower. So how I'm expected to go to 3 is beyond me. Not to mention how I'm supposed to get all this magical vacation time off from work.

urinalcakemix said:
I think thier planning somehting huge here. It sounds silly now, but I bet their gearing up to make female fronted goth/metal acts teh latest craze.

Who is "they"? Despite the fancy looking websites and names like "Contiga Broadcasting", this is really just some kid whose "Main Office (CBC Central Operations)" is his bedroom in his parents' house. The "Accounts Payable Department" is his mom. The "Corporate Secretary / Financial Comptroller", Charmaine Brimmer, is presumably the mother of his friend Ash Brimmer, who her(?)self is "Director of Electronic Music Operations". The "Ohio Operations Office" is probably the home of the parents of Chad Coburn, who is likely just some guy that Mr. Clai met on Instant Messenger one night. http://contigabroadcasting.com/contact.php

One of my favorite things on that site is this "Press Release": http://www.contigabroadcasting.com/pdf/6-30-05-Demotion.pdf

"....Contiga Broadcasting also reduced its workforce after finding several employees failing to perform their job. In addition, 2 of the 3 Management Board Members are currently on hiatus due to personal issues, and due to this, there has been a severe operational backlog...."

In other words: "my friends suck! They don't share my insane vision!" I'd love to see a real company post something like that in a press release.

Finally, this is just a wild guess, but it's possible that his idea of Killer Rock Radio having 5 million listeners could come from a mis-interpretation of alexa.com's "Reach" statistic, which could have indicated that 5 out of every 1 million internet users visit krradio.com. krradio.com is currently ranked #711,968, while ultimatemetal.com is #281,609.

skyrefuge said:
One of my favorite things on that site is this "Press Release": http://www.contigabroadcasting.com/pdf/6-30-05-Demotion.pdf

"....Contiga Broadcasting also reduced its workforce after finding several employees failing to perform their job. In addition, 2 of the 3 Management Board Members are currently on hiatus due to personal issues, and due to this, there has been a severe operational backlog...."

That's pretty funny. It's like a 12-year-old playing some sort of pretend "I'm Running a Company!" game. In the evening, I wonder if he retreats with his friends to the fort in the backyard with the "No Girlz Allowed!" sign hanging on the tree beside it.

I'll bet all the "employees" are paid in play money.

skyrefuge said:
Who is "they"? Despite the fancy looking websites and names like "Contiga Broadcasting", this is really just some kid whose "Main Office (CBC Central Operations)" is his bedroom in his parents' house. The "Accounts Payable Department" is his mom. The "Corporate Secretary / Financial Comptroller", Charmaine Brimmer, is presumably the mother of his friend Ash Brimmer, who her(?)self is "Director of Electronic Music Operations". The "Ohio Operations Office" is probably the home of the parents of Chad Coburn, who is likely just some guy that Mr. Clai met on Instant Messenger one night. http://contigabroadcasting.com/contact.php

In other words: "my friends suck! They don't share my insane vision!" I'd love to see a real company post something like that in a press release.

Finally, this is just a wild guess, but it's possible that his idea of Killer Rock Radio having 5 million listeners could come from a mis-interpretation of alexa.com's "Reach" statistic, which could have indicated that 5 out of every 1 million internet users visit krradio.com. krradio.com is currently ranked #711,968, while ultimatemetal.com is #281,609.

Then why would Alex Krull, a BUSINESSMAN, deal with him? You would have to be really stupid to deal or sign a contract with a kid unless you checked him out. This just makes the motive I placed on these pages a few
weeks ago all the more clear. Here is the link: http://ultimatemetal.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4125097&postcount=129

I honestly believe that this was the scenario. However, I believe someone
put a bug in Chris' ear about this, and Clai, wisely, killed the tour. Now
Roadrunner will have to start from scratch with their own $$$$

Peace,
Ray C.

Stingray11214 said:
Then why would Alex Krull, a BUSINESSMAN

Oh, I didn't know he was a BUSINESSMAN. That changes everything!

But perhaps you're wrong in thinking that he's a BUSINESSMAN. Maybe he's just a lower-case businessman, and maybe a poor one at that. Being a talent scout for a record label isn't really a "business" position. The Mastersound Entertainment, uh, "consortium" currently manages 4 bands: Elis, and three of Alex/Liv's own. Not quite taking over the world yet. It seems that Mr. Krull and Mr. Clai are pretty similar in that regard, putting together professional-looking websites that give the impression of much more power and capital than actually exists. So you're essentially using one smoke-and-mirrors operation to prove that another operation is more than smoke-and-mirrors.

Just as you say you would have to be really stupid to sign a contract with a kid, many people would say that you'd have to be really stupid to sign a contract with Jack Koshick, the oft-lambasted promoter of the Milwaukee Metalfest. Yet Mr. Krull did exactly that several years ago, bringing over a band that no one knew about (Atrocity), and they played on an arena stage to about 50 people. He even had Liv come out and sing, and some people *did* know Theatre of Tragedy at that time, but since there was zero promotion, I don't think anyone even made the connection.

So my belief is that Mr. Krull has some kind of sick compulsion that makes him come to America to play in empty arenas. He just can't get enough of it. And as an astute businessman, he saw Evil Darkness as the perfect opportunity to do exactly that. And not just another one-off event like the Metalfest, but empty arenas every night for a month! Too bad it looks like his dream is on hold.

Shame is, Atrocity is actually pretty good. I liked their recent album "Atlantis." And I really like Leaves' Eyes.