More on that spooky Evil Darkness Tour (I can't help myself)

Yippee38 said:
Or "goth metal" - - - ?
:rolleyes: Oi vey...

HIM and Tool woul.d be great headliners for this tour!! That I could see selling out larger mid-sized theaters, and if promoted right, large arenas.

HIM can certainly pack in a crowd, especially a really YOUNG crowd who would love bands like Lullacry and Leave's Eyes... Combine that force with Tools inexplicable ability to have fans of every walk of life, and this might actually happen.

... oh goodness - there's even a MySpace group for the tour :rolleyes:

I want to see the "Melancholy Scandinavian Pop-Metal Bands" tour. HIM could headline, and be joined by To/Die/For (if they are still together), Entwine, 69 Eyes, Poisonblack, and Lullacry. I'd go, possibly making me the only person on this forum who would ;)

Ruthven said:
I want to see the "Melancholy Scandinavian Pop-Metal Bands" tour. HIM could headline, and be joined by To/Die/For (if they are still together), Entwine, 69 Eyes, Poisonblack, and Lullacry. I'd go, possibly making me the only person on this forum who would ;)

I'd be there! Can't go wrong when the 69 Eyes are on the bill :)

sh0kr0k said:
:rolleyes: Oi vey...

HIM and Tool woul.d be great headliners for this tour!! That I could see selling out larger mid-sized theaters, and if promoted right, large arenas.

HIM can certainly pack in a crowd, especially a really YOUNG crowd who would love bands like Lullacry and Leave's Eyes... Combine that force with Tools inexplicable ability to have fans of every walk of life, and this might actually happen.

... oh goodness - there's even a MySpace group for the tour :rolleyes:

You're underestimating the size of Tool's audience and their stature...they can easily sell out arenas on their own. No way they'd be part of a rinky-dink tour like this.

And I have a feeling that HIM is about to blow up bigtime...soon, there will be many 14-year-olds at the mall wearing black eyeliner and HIM t-shirts. My understanding is that HIM is huge overseas, but they are generally looked down on as a teeny-bopper band.

mitchgx said:
You're underestimating the size of Tool's audience and their stature...they can easily sell out arenas on their own. No way they'd be part of a rinky-dink tour like this.

And I have a feeling that HIM is about to blow up bigtime...soon, there will be many 14-year-olds at the mall wearing black eyeliner and HIM t-shirts. My understanding is that HIM is huge overseas, but they are generally looked down on as a teeny-bopper band.

I know I'm underestimating Tool - the one thing we've learned from all of this is not to overestimate :lol:

HIM is already pretty big here in the U.S. I've been listening to them for years and now I hear them several times a day on the mainstream rock stations.. freaks me out! o_O I used to have to pay an arm and a leg to import their discs, now it's as easy as a trip to Best Buy :err:

I saw HIM in Colorado last Thanksgiving and they had a really good crowd at a mid-sized venue, with Monster Magnet and Auf de Maur opening for them. :guh: I was beside myself to see them touring the States and especially with such a good turn out.

They seem to have fans from across the board mallgoths, metal kids (I know I'm not the only one!), teenyboppers, emo kids... go to any public web forum and you can find gobs of people with HIM on a music favorites list.

sh0kr0k said:
HIM is already pretty big here in the U.S. I've been listening to them for years and now I hear them several times a day on the mainstream rock stations.. freaks me out! o_O I used to have to pay an arm and a leg to import their discs, now it's as easy as a trip to Best Buy :err:

I saw HIM in Colorado last Thanksgiving and they had a really good crowd at a mid-sized venue, with Monster Magnet and Auf de Maur opening for them. :guh: I was beside myself to see them touring the States and especially with such a good turn out.

They seem to have fans from across the board mallgoths, metal kids (I know I'm not the only one!), teenyboppers, emo kids... go to any public web forum and you can find gobs of people with HIM on a music favorites list.

We can all thank Bam Magera for the popularity of HIM in the US. The guy absolutely loves the band and I guess is friends with the singer (name escapes me at the moment). He appeared on his MTV show one episode and another time they went to Finland and went to a HIM show there. Plus he got a HIM tattoo at some point on one episode & the poster in his room that appears almost every episode. All the 14 year old sk8rs listen to HIM now. Yeah, I have a tendency to watch MTV at 3 am on weekends when I can't sleep and there's absolutely nothing else on.
Personally, I can't get into them. Their songs get repetative with the whole love & death thing everytime. There was maybe only 3 or 4 songs of all the albums that have ever made it on a playlist of mine.

Ruthven said:

Are you kidding me??? That would be GODLY!!!!! Hell, I can't think of a better lineup that I'd enjoy more, except maybe add Lacrimas Profundere.

Yeah, so I saw Paul McCartney at Madison Square Garden this week. Had floor seats.

This tour couldn't sell out the floor of MSG on a weekend with optimal conditions (no other concerts, sporting events, etc.)

They better get two big headliners...

I cant get into HIM at all. It is just not my style. As for Tool being apart of this tour, I laugh at the very idea, no offense Tammy, but Tool have a lot more...I cant think of the word. Either way I know they wouldnt do this tour, and if they did I would shit bricks along with green flying monkeys

Jibrille said:
The guy absolutely loves the band and I guess is friends with the singer (name escapes me at the moment).

For whatever it's worth, his name is Ville Valo. I like the love & death themes and I enjoy their songwriting quite a bit. Valo has some beautiful lyrics and he has a tremendous voice (and sexy appeal, but that's another story:saint: )

Dolamite S. Biffle said:
I cant get into HIM at all. It is just not my style. As for Tool being apart of this tour, I laugh at the very idea, no offense Tammy, but Tool have a lot more...I cant think of the word. Either way I know they wouldnt do this tour, and if they did I would shit bricks along with green flying monkeys

No offense taken. I don't think they'd play the festival either. I'm simply saying that's the kind of band it would take for this tour to work.

....I probably should have combined all my replies.... :rolleyes:

It would totally take that kind of band to do this tour, as when I saw Tool last they were in a 20000 or whatever person arena and it wasnt really all that full either. Then again I do live in kansas home of conservatives and people that dont really like metal.