More on that spooky Evil Darkness Tour (I can't help myself)

Come on Glenn, dont lie. You are just mad that they are steeling your format for next years ProgPower tour. ;)

Im guessing the crew doesnt sleep at all. At midnight they have to breakdown, pack up and head to the next venue and be ready to rock by 9 am. uh huh. And thats when everything runs on schedule. hahahahhaa

Joel

Yeah, this thing looks very ill-fated.

Look at the "International Extreme" tour that is going on/just ended/whatever-- some 'lower level' and mid-range bands, some of which never toured the US before-- God Dethroned/Nightrage/Lilitu/Epoch of Unlight/can't remember who else-- touring CLUBS in the US-- cancelled dates (I heard there were 10 people or something the opening night in Michigan), many shows with 50-100 people, and this is with a decent (though not spectacular) lineup as far as 'underground' bands go...

last show I did like this in Los Angeles was a one time show...doors at 11am ended at 12am. We were all set with our ice chest, sammiches, etc. in the truck. We find out there is no in and out. 13hrs I'm supposed to stay in this club, eat their crap food, no nappy naps? The kicker was right before the headliner was to come out the city pulled the old curfew law and about 3/4 of the place were forced to leave which left Primal Fear headlining to a crowd of about 50. :ill: *note this was the poorest promoted show I've ever seen, so poor in fact I wrote a letter to Primal Fears management apologizing, it was so incredibly embarassing.

This tours website says they'll play the L.A. Colusium...hahah 22,400 seats

Glenn you and your crew put on THE BEST SHOW EVER! :worship:

I am simply astounded by this. I mean, even Gigantour (which did middling business at best) had higher profile bands like Megadeth, Dream Theater and even Fear Factory on the bill, and even though they booked some higher end summer venues, they STILL didn't have the audacity to book the 1st tier arenas that play host to the likes of the Paul McCartneys, Billy Joels, U2s and Madonnas of the world (unless of course they plan on booking one or more of those acts as the remaining headliners :loco: ).

12-15 hours of bands? 10-20 minute changeovers? Top tier arenas????

Absolutely unbelievable.

10.25 hours of music.
2 hours of proposed set changes.
2.25 hours left over.
(if my math is correct this early)....

Those extra 2.25 hours are being set aside for the female singers to get ready. :lol:

Dark One said:
I am simply astounded by this. I mean, even Gigantour (which did middling business at best) had higher profile bands like Megadeth, Dream Theater and even Fear Factory on the bill, and even though they booked some higher end summer venues, they STILL didn't have the audacity to book the 1st tier arenas that play host to the likes of the Paul McCartneys, Billy Joels, U2s and Madonnas of the world (unless of course they plan on booking one or more of those acts as the remaining headliners :loco: ).

12-15 hours of bands? 10-20 minute changeovers? Top tier arenas????

Absolutely unbelievable.
It's so hard to believe this is real. I was at Gigantour in New Jersey and couldn't stop thinking, "Wow, this is really empty.", compared to other gigs I've seen there. And that was with DT and Megadeth. It was a decent crowd but the seats weren't full and the lawn area was empty.

Perhaps this is just a feeling out stage where they're checking to see what kind of interest they'll get. I can't see this actually happening.

AMBR said:
Perhaps this is just a feeling out stage where they're checking to see what kind of interest they'll get. I can't see this actually happening.

Yet the way it's being presented makes it appear as if the venues are booked and the wheels are completely in motion. Honestly, this is like watching a suicide jumper on a roof from a distance and begging the person not to jump.

So far, I don't even see acts that would sell out the Trocaderos of the world let alone giant arenas.

Maybe these guys are stealing one from the pages of Waynes World. Remeber "Wayne Stock"? If you book them, they will come. :loco:

zekeyou said:
the website also lists the "Charlotte Bobcats Arena" in Raliegh...

So is it Charlotte or Raliegh?

Yeah...saw this listed this earlier.
The Bobcats are the Charlotte NBA franchise and play in...ummm...Charlotte.

The RBC center is located in Raleigh and is used mainly for the NHL Hurricanes and NC State Wolfpack.

As listed...it should be aninteresting show...lol...

LOL - and check this out, right from the website:

"BANDS FOR 2007 ALREADY BOOKED
Atrocity is currently the first band booked for the Fall 2007 run of the Tour, And How! If you have a band that you believe should be on the tour, let us know!"

WTF?!?!?!?!

:lol: :lol:

LOL. OK, I was just perusing their message board, and one of the promoters actually posted this:

The Orlando show will be our biggest one by far. We are in negotiations to even have Elvira in person there. So alot of stuff happening but i can't let all the chickens out of the basket yet!

OK, there's no way this thing is real.

Is there?

I sure hope most of the bands they are talking about don't fall for this. The first time I see Within Temptation, I do not want to be in the balcony of the Allstate Arena. I want to see them in a bar where I'm not a million miles away. I would also hate to see them come here expecting to sell out a 20,000 seat arena, only to find 1500 people sitting there. I doubt they'd come back.

How do they plan to change the stage in 10 minutes? Do they think they can just throw more bodies at it. I would think that would be counter-productive. I've never seen a stage changed over that quickly. What is their secret for doing this? It must be magic.

mitchgx said:
LOL. OK, I was just perusing their message board, and one of the promoters actually posted this:

The Orlando show will be our biggest one by far. We are in negotiations to even have Elvira in person there. So alot of stuff happening but i can't let all the chickens out of the basket yet!

OK, there's no way this thing is real.

Is there?

The best part is that he erased half of the messages on the board. Ihave been following this train wreck every step of the way since it got announced. I really hope it does happen, I would love to see Within Temptation,EPica, Leaves Eyes play a longer set, and Elis but I seriously doubt it will ever happen. This guy who is running the show is nuts. He claimed in an earlier post that they shows will be packed because he did a search on myspace.com under goth metal and 100,000 listings came up. Yeah, people put that stuff in thier profile to meet people. That doesnt mean 100,000 people will come out to the shows. I mean, I am sure there are more than 300 Stratovarius fans in the Chicago area but it doesnt mean they were all coming to the show. Just doesnt work that way. Who is going to go to a show at 9:30 AM to midnight. Just isnt going to happen. Actually at the Milwaukee Metalfest I was there for almost both days the whole time but left early by an hour each day. I was beat the day after but I got to see some great bands. Cant say that for the year after.