More on that spooky Evil Darkness Tour (I can't help myself)

yardleybates said:
This band opened for Nightwish (at least for the Chicago HoB show) on their last tour. Yippee and I thought they were horrendous. Before I get flamed, here's a review from someone else who shares that opinion.

Lullacry Review

Never heard of either of the other 2.

Lullacry opened every show on their US tour. And I agree, they suck.
Leaves' Eyes is Liv Kristine's new band. You might know her as former female half of Theatre of Tragedy along with the singer who appears on Cradle of Filth's Nymphetamine single. I love Theatre of Tragedy, who has a new female singer, but I'm not so hot on Leaves' Eyes. Not sure about the last one. Never listened to them.

I hope their pockets are deep enough to book Iron Maiden for this.....'cause otherwise, I just can't see the bodies in the seats........especially not for $100+ a ticket.

My best advice to them if their pockets AREN'T that deep (but still sorta deep).... Cut their losses by booking smaller venues (large clubs or medium halls if they want to go that far, even with someone like Nightwish on the bill), reducing the total number of bands to 6 or 7, reducing the show-length to something closer to ProgPower's, and chopping the ticket-price to $50 apiece tops.

THAT could be a cool tour. Might even make music industry folks sit up and take note, if it got a few people out to the shows.

Pellaz said:
I hope their pockets are deep enough to book Iron Maiden for this.....'cause otherwise, I just can't see the bodies in the seats........especially not for $100+ a ticket.

way overpriced tickets! agreed with most said, smaller venues, lower tix prices. I don't really care because none of these bands interest me...but for those that do I hope all goes well.

:tickled: Ok I have to laugh as much as I'd like to see LEave's Eyes...

I was in the travel/tour business for about 12 years and buses ar not cheap, I don't care who you are. In Florida the average bus price (with fuel now) is about $600-650 a day. There's something that you can laugh even more about Glenn. That's a hellofa lot of expense on buses to get people to bring to the venue.

Let's not even consider the fact that anyone WANTING to take the bus certainly won't all be living together in the same area. That means they may need more than 1 bus... $600-650 x 2,3 maybe 4? Please.

They even mentioned that the band's full props will be used.

And I quote...

A 4 song set? that sucks... yeah.. we want to HEAR the musicians, and there will be full props, effects, etc with every band.

Hopefully there aren't any bands on there that I want to see (so far - not so much). Plus they are going to be in Columbus while I'm in Japan for work. I wish them all the best, I just don't see this working very well.

So, I've been trying to figure out if anyone has told them that they are going to crash and burn?
Someone mentioned that posts on their message boards have been deleted. I'm assuming that they are posts related to the fact that they are out of their F*@!ing minds?

Glen, have you tried to talk to these lunatics?

More than anything I would hate for them to try this and then fail. I think it will hurt the chances for all prog/power metal tours to come to the US in the future because record companies and bands will see this flop and equate it will the US being untourable. I think they will set prog/power metal back in the US about 5 years at least.

Right now it seems like they are probably bluffing and that it will never happen (hopefully). However, if it does seem like it is going to be attempted, someone(us?,Glen?) should try to stop it (legally of course).

I'm thinking of posting a link to this thread on their message board.

Robin

yardleybates said:
This band opened for Nightwish (at least for the Chicago HoB show) on their last tour. Yippee and I thought they were horrendous. Before I get flamed, here's a review from someone else who shares that opinion.

Never heard of either of the other 2.

i was at that Nightwish show and i totally AGREE!!! Lullacry is one of the worst bands ive EVER seen. And the singer was struttin' around onstage like she could sing like Tarja or something. i would be SHOCKED if having them on the bill sold more than 50 tix, for the entire tour...

Bryan316 said:
Who the fuck is Leaves Eyes?

Who the fuck is Lullacry?

Who the fuck is Elis?

Actually Elis is pretty cool. They have a female singer not to different from Tarja in style and the music is gothic metal. They've been compared to Nightwish, Tristania, Xandria. I picked up both their CD's from Scarecrow Records out of Mexico.

ReaLM said:
More than anything I would hate for them to try this and then fail. I think it will hurt the chances for all prog/power metal tours to come to the US in the future because record companies and bands will see this flop and equate it will the US being untourable. I think they will set prog/power metal back in the US about 5 years at least.

As soon as I heard about this, I was pissing my pants with glee.

It's either the greatest put-on in the history of music (wish I'd thought of it myself)... well, I figure the bands would have said "this isn't real..." by now...

... or it is going to be the biggest clusterfuck in the history of music. I enjoy movies such as Gone Fishin and Troll 2, and this has to be the musical equivalent.

... and any disaster that makes big money backers think metal is untourable is A-OK with me. :D

Since when does Bill Gates think he can run a metal festival, well maybe it's not gates but it has to be someone just as rich :tickled:

They are playing here, at the Toyota Center, it opened last year I think and only 3 bands have played there so far...Fleetwood Mac, Van Halen, and Metallica....and now....Leave's Eyes????

ReaLM said:
Glen, have you tried to talk to these lunatics?

Absolutely not. It is not my place to infringe on another promoter directly just because I disagree with his business decisions and think he is out of his fucking mind.

I disagree. We are not talking Clear Channel to begin with. Record labels that support their bands now will continue to do so (and that is not many). One failed tour will not effect underground touring the way it is done now. You just won't see any insane arena tours in the future.

Right now it seems like they are probably bluffing and that it will never happen (hopefully). However, if it does seem like it is going to be attempted, someone(us?,Glen?) should try to stop it (legally of course).

Once again, you should leave it alone.

I'm thinking of posting a link to this thread on their message board.

I would appreciate that you did not do that. Feel free to post your own thoughts on the board, but do not make this a community war so to speak.

Glenn H.

The Atlanta date is at Philips Arena on the same night as a Falcons-Jets Monday Night Football game at the Georgia Dome. This sounds like a logistics nightmare (joking) as Philips & the Dome are a rock throw apart. I can't imagine this event being at Philips. Possibly the Masquerade.

Are all the bands going to feature attractive women? All band photos provided on the site feature a pretty girl. The show might not be bad if the venues would have been proper.

My bad...I just went back to the site and saw that the whole fest is setup for next year. I got 13 months to learn the lineup's catalog. I was trying to figure out who to sell my Falcons-Jets tix to.

Yngvai X said:
Maybe this promoter is being visited in his dreams by Jim Morrison and a weird naked indian...just you watch...if you book them, they will come ;)

Hey, I allready made the Waynes World reference. :confused:

This promoter sounds like a guy with a ton of money, but no experience in putting on a show. A guy with a pile of his own money who one day said to himself, "wow, I bet it would be really neat to put on a festival and go on tour!"

Though his intentions are honorable, I'm afraid he's bound for failure.