How long?

SkullFucker

Oct 18, 2002
Australia
Visit site
How long do you guys reckon it'll be before the next Opeth chapter? I think I read awhile back they're havin abit of a break after the damnation tour. Then they will spend more time on actually figuring the songs out before they book studio time. Im takin a guess...maybe end of 2004 they'll be in the studio again? so a release afew months into 2005?

only time will tell.

If Mikael is anything like most composers, he would've started writing some material or bouncing ideas around for the new album already. I'm sure it won't be too long after they go back home and rest off a bit that we'll see them back in the studio... or at least, the rehearsal rooms this time :)

I wouldn't be surprised and i wouldn't mind in the least if they don't start recording until 2005. If they want to take a break, i say go for it and the probably deserve it!
Especially since - according to what Mike has said - the nature of the next album. If it turns out to be all he's said it may well be my favourite Opeth album or even my favourite album ever. I hope they take all the time they need.

a lot of bands take a lot of time off between albums, but opeth seems to pump them out pretty fast. look at the amount of albums they have released and compare that to how long they have been around. i wouldn't be suprised if it was out by fall of 2004. but damn, they need a break. (lol @ suicide nation) <--tough luck