how many albums do you have in your music collection?

derbeder said:
that is a lot indeed :)
how long have you been seriously collecting? are some inherited?

"seriously" collecting? since late year 2000. but ive been buying CDs somewhat regularly since i was probably 16. and no, none of them are inherited. my mother disposed of all of her Vinyl records years ago, and the only common music taste my father and i have are probably miles davis, the beatles, scott walker and frank sinatra. other than that he likes a lot of nonsense.

Sadguru said:
Your opinion has nothing to do with humility. It is self-centered, arrogant and deluded. Please, make a "better" use of the little "h" next time you expose a point of view.
you should stop being a little pussy imo

i am impressed. how often do you buy albums? if you were to buy every day for the last 6 years, that would make about 3 albums a day.

NineFeetUnderground said:
"seriously" collecting? since late year 2000. but ive been buying CDs somewhat regularly since i was probably 16. and no, none of them are inherited. my mother disposed of all of her Vinyl records years ago, and the only common music taste my father and i have are probably miles davis, the beatles, scott walker and frank sinatra. other than that he likes a lot of nonsense.
you should tell your dad what a fucking retard he is for liking nonsense!

derbeder said:
i am impressed. how often do you buy albums? if you were to buy every day for the last 6 years, that would make about 3 albums a day.

yes, on average probably 3 albums a day sounds right. ive bought some collections in the past, although i usually end up keeping a few handfuls and selling the rest due to having specific wants from them. and usually a a couple times a month ill buy a bunch of albums at one visit or trek through an online cd store or whatever.

Way I see it, downloading is a very diminished form of stealing.

If I go into a shop and make a flawless copy of a TV and walk out with it the shop still has a TV to sell and everyone involved in the bringing of this TV to the market still has every chance of getting paid because the TV is still on the shelf.

If I would have bought that TV had I not had a way of making a flawless copy then someone does lose out, because I choose the non-paying route to getting the TV rather than the route where I just buy it.

So what if I have no money and would never have bought it if it wasn't free? How is anyone being deprived of any income they would have received in a different possible situation?

Therefore, as long as you're poor enough for dialup internet it's OK to download music, because you can't afford the buying alternative for getting the albums you want.