How many musicians we got here??

Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboard, Violin, and the recorder. My guitars are a Jackson Professional Soloist around '92 neck thru and a 2001 BC Rich Iron Bird NJ series. Bass is a 5 strings headless honer with active and passive pick ups. Amp is a Flextone 2 line 6, Digitech 2101 with control 1 foot pedal. Drums are a Remo all maple 9 piece set with sabian cymbals. Electric Piano made by Yamaha I believe. I don't remember the name of violin maker somewhere in romania.

I regularly play bass and guitar. I'm training my voice to get my backing vocals better, and I occassionally noodle around on the keyboard. I can *sort of* read music, but I'm not too quick at it just yet. I'm taking a few music courses in college this simester, so I'll get better at it.

I have a 5-string bass and three guitars (a Gibson Explorer, a Jackson KV2, and an Ibanez 7-string).

Divine Wings Of Tragedy said:
yeah thats why he got 3 Esp M-II Deluxes and 2 Tri-Axis and god knows how many other units plus mesa boogie cabs he got, totally unaffected

I mean he could have 6 MIIs, 3 Jackson RR1s, a Hamer Standard USA, a Bogner Triple Giant, a Soldano SLO100, a MarkIIc+, a 70s marshall + a variac plus and a refirigator-sized rack.

Ibanez RG420
Ibanez EX-series (bought 2nd hand, customed by previous owner)
Boss GT-6
Line6 POD
Peavey Rage 158 (small transtube)
Marshall AVT100 head
Crate 4x12´ cabinet

soon coming a new ESP (dunno which model) with EMG-81 PU's...

edit: I have now a new ESP LTD EC-300 (sunburst) (without EMG-81's, yet...)

I'm a guitarist and have been playing since I was 8 (12 years). My current gear consists of:

Jackson Marty Friedman Signature Autographed version limited to 100 worldwide. It has 24 frets, Sharkfin Inlays, Floyd Rose Tremolo with locking hardware, 24-karat gold plated hardware, etc. etc.

Digitech RP7 Processor

2 Fender Strat Squires and a Fender Jagstang (I don't play any of them)

Right now I'm running through to cabs and a 500 (or so) watt head, but it's a PA. I had a Blue Voodoo but my old drummer took it. I don't care, he paid for it.

The next thing I want to get is a Petrucci sig 7-String. *rubs nipples

Yeah, I play gutiar

Guitars: Ibanez GSA60 (my first, and only guitar :() And POS No Name Acoustic
Amp: Shitty Marshall 10watt
Pedals: Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss CH-1 Chorus
Picks/Strings: Dunlop Jazz III, Dean Markely Blue Steel
Last thing I learned: the little intro lead parts of Lake Bodom by Children of Bodom
Length of time playing: 8 months
Skill: shit
Enough of these things: yes

.... :erk:

Bassist here!

I play an Ibanez SRX-505 and an Ibanez SR300DX (fretless, converted it myself) with a David Eden amp - traveller 330 head and a 2x10 350 watt cabinet.

and in about a month i'm getting a chapman stick! 12 string Stick XG with all the bells and whistles!

i also play drums, vox and a little bit of piano and guitar. but mainly bass.

Soon I might consider myself as a keyboardist too. A little over a week ago I started to play my old keyboards... I already know some chords and I'm planning of playing Accolade II by the end of the year with my keyboard...

Too bad my keyboard is so crappy...

Guitar - 14 years

2001 Fender Deluxe Fat Strat (Stock)
1993 Heartfield Talon II (Stock)
1992 Ibanez RG570 (Bridge DP161 • Middle DP181 • Neck DP193)
2003 Monterrey MEA-225
198? Hondo BC Rich Bich clone
198? Hondo Strat Clone

Amp - Fender Pro 185
Effects - Boss ME-8 w/EV-5

I have been playing guitar longer than I have been driving. I drive better.

I have a bunch of weird guitars:

Ibanez RG570 in flip-flop purple with EMG 81 in the bridge

'92 Gibson Les Paul Studio which deserves some explanation:
I started messing with the setup, and went completely overboard. I stripped the finish off (a very large Fosters ashtray made a very very large dent in the back), and did some of my exquisite :Smug: lutherie on the heel. It now feels like a neck-thru, and anyone that plays it has to be beaten to give it back. I reprofiled the neck (it plays like a Wizard neck--super thin), softened all of the edges on the back of the body, scooped the rear of the cutaway (no mods are visible from the front), beveled the upper back, lowered the action (you can barely see daylight under the strings, and no buzz!!), installed a graphite nut, stained it emerald translucent, and topped it all off with tung oil. It's like BUTTAH! I also put a white pearl pickguard and chrome "Haggis" truss rod cover on it. Somebody stop me. Was reading through a book on Les Pauls after doing all this, and found out mine is a unique one anyway. It is a '92 Studio with Trap Mother-o'-toilet seat inlays, ebony fretboard, 498 & 500 pickups. They never made one. oops.

Steinberger GM-4 Pro (swamp ash body/composite neck) with Trans-trem. Rebodied in mahogany (with chambers), bookmatched quilted/flamed/burl maple top, bookmatched walnut back. Not really sure what I was thinking, just wanted to start building guitars, and thought I would start with my own.

Cort SJ8 ac/elec. Don't laugh--if you own a guitar that says "Made in Korea" on it, chances are very good it was actually built by Cort. Do you really think there is a Fender factory in Seoul? Might as well buy the version that actually says Cort on it and pay half as much. It's a fantastic acoustic. I used to sell them, and sell a lot of them.

Carvin custom
This guitar was built for David Ellefson of Megadeth, and he owned it and played it during "Rust" and "Countdown", using it for songwriting. It's autographed. It's got a letter of authenticity. It sits in a stand in the corner.

I've got some other junk laying around that I use for parts on other people's projects, and I sold one of the coolest. It was a BC Rich ripoff, a Greco, but it was so beautifully done..... I bought it at a Music-Go-Round near Chicago about 5 years ago. It was virtually brand new (still had Dimarzio stickers by the PU's), brought over from Japan by a businessman. It was the most horrendous ketchup-mustard-mixed orangish red with cream pickups. But it was my favorite model--the 10 string neck-thru Bich with a zillion switches. I got so sick of the color (it looked like the inside of a stomach) I thought about stripping it. I did that once in the past with a cheap guitar, and was so pissed to find out it was plywood!!! I knew this one couldn't be, because it was neck-thru, so I took a chance. Under the jacked-up paint was........ :OMG: Maple neck through SOLID KOA!!!!!! I reprofiled the neck, cleaned up some bad frets, and finished the whole thing in tung oil. The "G" on the headstock was even done in the same font and inlaid MOP as the "R" on USA NT Ricos, and if you covered that up, there was absolutely no way to tell this wasn't a $3000 Rich. I had that guitar in the refinished state for about 4 years, and sold it on eBay last spring to finance the restoration of my old MG. I sold it too cheap. I don't want to talk about it. :D

AMPLIFICATION AND PROCESSING

I use the same gear I bought in '95 on returning from the deployment from Hell, or should I say, TO Hell. I did, however, make some serious coin there, so I bought:

Digitech GSP 2101 with Control One Footboard
This thing is so fantastic, I really don't care that it is "obsolete". There is not a metalhead alive that can replicate the screaming crunch I dialed in on this thing. Depending on which guitar I am using, my "Death by Scottish Food" patch sounds like either Master of Puppets (Les Paul), Dimebag (Ibanez), or a heavier version of Megadeth's Countdown tone ('Berger). ...but it only sounds this way when you play it through a.......

Marshall 9200 power amp
Oh my God. Twelve tubes. Twelve. My counterpart guitarist in the band in England had a Valvestate with one tube, and that was mostly for show. I had this 200 watt monster cranked all the way up to 1, and nearly shattered the drummer's IV bag. The drummer, Ivan, BTW, is one of the most talented and frighteningly good drummer's I have ever heard. Also the loudest. Needless to say, he was an alkie. You drummer's know what I mean. He is to this day one of my best friends, and he is sober now. He plays even better(!!!). Anyway, I never had the testicular fortitude to see what would happen if I turned the amp to 2, and I still haven't. Everybody begged me not to.

(2) Marshall 1936 2X12 Celestions
You would think I would use a full stack. You would be wrong. I had basically 3 options for cabs. The standard 4X12 stack, 1922 2X12 cabs, or the 1936's. The stack was out of my price range, and too clumsy to move and store. The 1922 is a small cab, with little bass response. 1936's are 212's with a taller cab, and they sound incredible. Palm muted pedal tones are absolutely skull-rattling. Another guitarist in England did not believe my rig would sound better than his, so we swapped speakers in a jam session. His 412 stack had nothing on my cabs, and his Super Lead could not compete with my Digitech for bone-crushing metal. Haggis wins.

Well, I have a mission to fly this week, so I will look forward to flame wars when I get back for writing so much. Later

Hag

I've been playing guitar for 10 years. I took a couple of years of classical guitar lessons but the majority of my skill comes from self-teaching. I'm in a thrash metal band and right now my songwriting is geared towards a more prog-thrash style with a sort of Sadus/Death vibe.

Equipment: Ibanez Rg 270, Peavey transtube half-stack, Boss metalzone, D'addario strings

Drummer:
-Blue Tama Rockstar drums- 3 toms, 1 bass drum
-Pearl Firecracker snare
-Iron Cobra double bass pedal
-zildjian ZBT hihats, sabian prosonix ride, sabian B8 crashes (16 thin, 18 med.)... and a crappy wuhan China

drums drums drums!, 8 piece tama starclassic performer EFX (sterling silver, not bcuza lars, bcuz i liked the color) its been called the pimp kit before. 10 sabian cymbals, 2 more soon :) ,i use moongel pads on 3 outa 5 toms, and they are doin pretty well for me, great sound. im usin evans heads. i was a double iron cobra player, but after seein jason rullo use the DW 9002's at his jersey clinic i tryed them out and like them more than the cobras. i've been playin every day for about 6 years. i also arrange, compose, and know my way around the keyboard. i'll try to get a pic of my set on here soon. and fic firth sticks, definately, 5BNs.