How many of you bought Character...

marduk1507 said:
Thats probably the only really good thing about Character for me. Brandstrom is cool. But without him DD and Character would sound more or less like The Minds I - a step back for me.
I don't mind the electronics on Haven and DD, but i suppose i could have done without some of them too (there's some on DD i really like). I find the way the electronics evolved throughout the albums pretty impressive, and they're at their best on Character imo. It would be interesting to see where Brandstrom takes them from there.

The best DT album I have fuckin heard is Character. Ive heard it a shit load of times and never get fuckin tired of it!

UndoControl said:
What? Had you said that NBTL is more or less similar to The wonders, then i would have more or less agreed. But Ego drama is the "softest" song on Haven (not counting Emptier still, which, by the way, i believe, is the one song which stands out the most from Haven). Rundown is the exact opposite: the "hardest" song on Haven. I really don't see how you can say that Emptier still, Ego drama and Rundown sound the same to you, but i guess you're seeing something i'm not. Finally, At loss is more or less similar to My negation in a way, but i don't think it's similar to any other Haven :(

ok i agree i am totally wrong on this point about rundown. i wasn't thinking correctly at the time. rundown is heavy, i meant to say NBTL, emptier still, ego drama, and at loss for words. mainly because these songs a more emotional sound than the rest of the songs and are all highlighted by clean guitar. emptier still does stand out because of the clean vocals in the beginning and happens to be my favorite song off of haven. for some reason it's so beautiful and melancholic the way the song begins, it attracts you into the rest of the song even when there are only clean vocals in the very beginning. and again i am not saying that in any way each song sounds the same as one another just like you can't say that the songs on character that you seem not to care for sound exactly alike. they simply have a similar sound. too me that is what makes damage done stand out among all of their work. every song on that album has a very distinct sound. i believe that i have just repeated myself from a previous post; oh well.

i d say that the only way character and damage done could be close to each other, is that both of them are heavier than the other albums. but i really dont think they sound the same at all. none of the DT albums seems to sound like another one.

tunaman said:
ok i agree i am totally wrong on this point about rundown. i wasn't thinking correctly at the time. rundown is heavy, i meant to say NBTL, emptier still, ego drama, and at loss for words. mainly because these songs a more emotional sound than the rest of the songs and are all highlighted by clean guitar.
I still don't agree. But maybe i've been listening to Haven longer than you and like/know the songs better. Who knows? :)

tunaman said:
emptier still does stand out because of the clean vocals in the beginning and happens to be my favorite song off of haven. for some reason it's so beautiful and melancholic the way the song begins, it attracts you into the rest of the song even when there are only clean vocals in the very beginning.
Yes. :)

tunaman said:
and again i am not saying that in any way each song sounds the same as one another just like you can't say that the songs on character that you seem not to care for sound exactly alike. they simply have a similar sound.
I didn't say that they all sound exactly alike. I said that they kind of merged into a single, constant, nigh-uniform wall of sound. And, since the lyrics are all about the same thing(s), you could say they're all pretty similar to each other (but not exactly the same; i never said that).

tunaman said:
they simply have a similar sound. too me that is what makes damage done stand out among all of their work. every song on that album has a very distinct sound.
You could take any two albums from 2000 back and compare the difference between them to the difference between Character and Damage. Not counting the EPs, i believe that the difference between the former is much greater than the difference between the latter (i.e. Character and DD sound more alike to each other than any other two albums DT have released).

on character I found a lot of basic DD ideas, but character is crisper and less mellow :p has a lot more techno? electronic? -elements built in.

now I'm waiting for the new Mors Principium Est album :p I bet they're doing something very similar, or perhaps going one step ahead again

Well,I would surely buy the album if I could find it anywhere here,same as other DT albums (it takes ages of searching for,ordering mostly times,than waiting...arghhh)...they should get something from DT next month,or that is what the cd shop guy told me,but first on my list is Projector

Hi own all cd except DD and Haven.Not because i dont want them but i just dont have them. Character for me is a better album for sure then DD. But i listen to each album each week or even each day!
photo0121yq.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

No way is Character DDII. They are both masterpieces in there own place, but different. If you want DDII then listen to some of the songs of Exposures.

Pauly's metalheads said:
If you want DDII then listen to some of the songs of Exposures.

the songs on exposures are well done. i also like the early demo stuff. it's interesting to hear what they sounded like in the very beginning, and how they formed their style.