How much loyalty to any one band?

I would say that the best (and most worthy of owning) post-Agent Orange Sodom is Tapping The Vein and Code Red. Better Off Dead is really hit or miss, Get What You Deserve is a shitfest, Masquerade In Blood and Sodom are boring. M-16 is good for an occasional listen, but gets boring fast.

I can see how BOD can be considered hit and miss but for me it holds a certain nostalgia plus hearing Sodom cover Tank and Thin Lizzy is magic!

Décadent;5570143 said:
No, I was saying the albums BETWEEN Better Off Dead and M16. Both of those albums are decent though.

Tapping The Vein > Better Off Dead, though not by much. TTV is just more consistent.

I want to have the whole discography either of the bands that changed their music often or of the bands I like the best, to support them.

Uh... neither does Iron Maiden. They haven't released anything particularly worth listening to since Seventh Son of A Seventh Son and certainly not enough good material to warrant owning all of their 20 or so albums.

On the contrary, Brave New World, Dance of Death and the live album, Rock in Rio, are a must for any Iron Maiden fan. However, you are right in saying that the Blaze albums and perhaps Fear of the Dark need not particularly be included in the collection.

I also think that the early Maiden, under Paul Di'Anno, is unnecessary. But I still do have every Maiden album, except for a few live albums. Maiden were the first Metal band I ever heard, so I acquired as much of their stuff as I could.

One thing that can be said about Sodom, is that they never went to shit or softened up, which is very rare for a thrash band that has been around as long as they have. Even Kreator released a couple different sounding, bad albums. Sodom has not. I even like Sodom's newest CD quite a lot. I actually already listened to it today, here at work.

I've been meaning to get all of Bathory and Darkthrone's albums, as well as To Mega Therion by Celtic Frost

I tried listening to the new Celtic Frost again. And I just cannot get into it. It's uber simple, which doesn't work with CF's style, and the riffs aren't memorable, either. In some songs, the riffing technique/style sounds almost nu-metallish.

I tried listening to the new Celtic Frost again. And I just cannot get into it. It's uber simple, which doesn't work with CF's style, and the riffs aren't memorable, either. In some songs, the riffing technique/style sounds almost nu-metallish.

To really understand "Monotheist" you have to take an account the epic atmosphere it unleashes. More of a feeling then what you're listening for.

It's uber simple, which doesn't work with CF's style

No. What the fuck? The entire point of Hellhammer/CF was to be simplistic considering none of the band knew how to even play music in the beginning. Also, stop saying it's nu-metallish. Nu-metal uses sustained power chords that are pushed behind the vocals and have very little presence other than being a background. Monotheist does not.

Monotheist sounds like industrial/nu-metal. Celtic Frost is always been simple it's just I really do not like what the band is doing with monotheist or maybe just do not get it. so boring

Extreme music is on the rise again and you think the band would make an extreme metal album.

I kinda know what you mean. I did notice the atmosphere. I'd still take Morbid Tales, To Mega Therion, and even Vanity/Nemisis over that CD.

I had the same problem with Monotheist. For a long time I just didn't feel it. I put it away over the summer, and when I came back to school again this fall I listened again and was blown away by it, especially the song "A Dying God Coming into Human Flesh" and the feelings it evoked in me.

I guess I'd recommend putting it away for a while and then try listening to it again. Hopefully it will click with you, too.