How not to get sick...CAVEMAN DIET

So if you do happen to enjoy the occasional potato chip, you can go with the diet, which have the exact same taste as your regular joe potato chip.

ahhhggg... i've really just ceased to care. i'll work on getting rid of my pudgy stomach, thunder-thighs and mishapen ass when my B-cup magically upgrades itself a size or 2. i don't really have any other motivation.

I eat salads, lots of fruit, vegetables, pastas, chicken, fish and take a multi-vitamin.

Beer is my downfall, I must drink 30 a week :(

One of my mom's friends went on a diet that was just seafood and vegetables, which i could totally pull off if seafood wasn't too expensive to eat almost exclusively for weeks on end.

diets just take too much effort for me. i'm contented wallowing somewhere between healthy and chunky.

Lord of Metal said:
Well, in high school, I was on the track team, so I would run 4 or 5 miles every day, and while I am definitely not in terrible shape right now compared to the average college student, I am a far cry of what I used to be.

Hahaha I stopped running altogether and started lifting weights. I'll start running once again when I hit 160lbs.

AsModEe said:
ohh because WD did it I'll surely do it too! Nay, I'll pass. I have my own diet which consist of not eating crap like fast food, potatoe chips and sodas and then train at least 3 times a week.

1 beer per day or one cup of wine is considered healthy.
You can actually eat anything you want as you long as you never abuse of something.

never said WD did it, i said he omits alcohol from his diet...which is usually the hardest part for us all...

MajestikMøøse said:
You mean the Paleo-diet?

I've read some about this awhile back, and it doesn't seem to be all that bad... although I have to admit, I love my dairy products.

Oh, and the stuff you should eat must be organic food, otherwise you're defeating the purpose, partly anyway.

Yes, it can be quite expensive, because you're eating alot of meat.

Well if any of you care to research it further the book is Neanderthin by Ray Audette. Yeah it's hard I usually go a couple of months and slip alittle, but I always end up going back because when I go off I feel like shit. It also helps if you have allergies.

The book explains how the agricultural revolution is what has caused the cancers, diabetes, arthritis, alzheimers, and many other diseases associated with our society. How no other animal in the world drinks the milk of another by choice (well in very rare occasions, but...) how grain would never grow wild as it does with the help of agriculture, etc....too much to explain here. Just thought you may be interested...

you know alot of stuff that is considered bad for you is actually not in small doses...
unless youre a diabedic or something, you dont need to completely avoid sugar...and most health nuts will sit there and debate that meat is bad...
having fast food once in awhile isnt wrong just as long as its in moderation..also the key to weightloss isnt always the food you eat but the amount you eat..
if you eat healthy food but in large portions you arent gonna see any real results.. i mean i eat pretty damn good..meats, fish, veggies, etc but alot of the time the amount i have on my plate is a bit more than should be there...
i mean whats the point of having low fat crackers if you end up eating the whole box? :eek:
also..grains are good for you...fiber is essential to the body

^ it is actually interesting, and I do like the fact that you pointed out a diet out there that I wasn’t aware of, but if you think about it, its quit hypocritical.
“cavemen” came from many different places. There are evidences about them from all over the globe. So surely the ones from Africa didn’t have the same diet as the ones from
the Middle East. When you say “meat” do you mean any meat? Even pork which is the unhealthiest fattening meat in the market? Surely we are not going to be in search for a mammoth? When you say “fish” do you mean fish that human only discovered AFTER the pre-historic men era? Like sea food? Like oysters?
So eating like a "cavemen" meaning you only buy organic/natural producs no matter what the cost is?
Also, cavemen didn’t use spices, so are those allowed?
I’m all in for a healthy life, don’t get me wrong… but diets like Atkins and Cavemen and all the others who will prevent you from eating things YOUR BODY NEEDS (i.e. grains and beans) is not a healthy one, period.
Your body needs a balanced diet. “cavemen” only lived 30 years, and their digest system and body were not the same… so eating the same way human ate 11,000 years ago makes no sense evolution-wise….
We live longer because we eat a balanced diet not otherwise…

I do however agree with you, that we eat so much crap, and our food is full of steroids and chemicals and everything that is bad for us…

Long time ago I started eating organic things exclusively if that makes me more close to my pre-historic ancestors, then so be it.
the less shit enters my body the better, right?

What ever works for you :)
Don’t mind me Jody, I can talk about healthy food all day haha :saint:

Maharet said:
\
i mean whats the point of having low fat crackers if you end up eating the whole box? :eek:
also..grains are good for you...fiber is essential to the body

True: portion is everything.
so many places here will serve you so much food on the plate, goodness I can live off that for 2 days...

Also mah: fiber can be found in vegtables, not only grains.
but grains contain the most of it, and it helps your heart and cleans your system FASTER.

right!
i mean i go to a restaurant and order a sandwich and they give me this gynormous sandwich with a million fries..like, how the hell am i supposed to eat all of that! good goat! funny about fast food because alot of the time the portions you get are relatively small..but most people end up ordering like two burgers and what not...
yes, grains and veggies both are the equation for a healthy colon! Hooray for healthy colons!

Maharet said:
hey now! i remember seeing a photo with you and an In and Out burger! :p

haha yeah and believe it or not, I had that burger at 10 am
AFTER breakfast one hour earlier, and before lunch in Sonoma.
Let me remind you though, that the night before was the infamous Thrash Against Cancer event in SF,
and this lioness had much drinking and mingling going on the night before.

*shy look*

In and Out was good though, I must say :loco: