How not to get sick...CAVEMAN DIET

White castle burger:
large-msg-1127261977-2.jpg

vs
The In N Out Double-Double
doubledouble-thumb.jpg

Jody42147 said:
Well if any of you care to research it further the book is Neanderthin by Ray Audette. Yeah it's hard I usually go a couple of months and slip alittle, but I always end up going back because when I go off I feel like shit. It also helps if you have allergies.

The book explains how the agricultural revolution is what has caused the cancers, diabetes, arthritis, alzheimers, and many other diseases associated with our society. How no other animal in the world drinks the milk of another by choice (well in very rare occasions, but...) how grain would never grow wild as it does with the help of agriculture, etc....too much to explain here. Just thought you may be interested...

I've really got to say it sounds like a bunch of nonsense. I mean, diseases and other health problems have all sorts of causes, from bacterial to viral. Cancers are generally a result of DNA degradation by carcinogens and other transcription errors in the process of replication, etc;

If you look at life expectancy over time, generally those who eat a healthy balanced diet live longer healthier lives. Life expectancy in the middle ages and before for instance, the average life expectancy was 30, but this is a skewed statistic. In actuality, infant mortality was extremely high due to hygene and other factors, as was the rate of maternal death immediately following delivery. Also, young children and old people are both naturally more susceptible to ailments of all kinds than adults and thus would die very quickly of almost anything. Once children made it past 5 years old however, many of the peasants of this time lived well into their 60s. This is due to the fact that their lives consisted of moderate labor (and thus they were in good physical condition generally) and also the fact that they had a balanced diet, consuming some meats but large quantities of grains and other crops. In fact, the lords and ladies who had access to greater quantities of meat only lived into their 40s on average, and they consumed a diet much like the one you described, and had a very low level of physical activity on average.

As for few animals drinking the milk of others and grain growing in the wild... well, my dog eats his own feces, and I am not about to take lessons from him. Milk is a very nutritious source of not only protein and potassium but also natural base sugar and modicum of fat as well as calcium, which strengthens bones and other chemical systems within the body.

Basically, if you look around you today though, you will see that the majority of Americans are overweight. Is this for any one reason? No, it is the result of an amalgam of factors, ranging from American food portion size, to the general level of physical activity in our daily lives, to the amount of nutrition we consume per meal. If you want to feel good, the best thing to do is to get the right portions of the right stuff, and use your body. The best course of action is to actually waltz down to your local hospital and speak with a nutritionist on site and build a diet plan (and when I say diet I don't mean a weight loss plan). I know it doesn't seem like it would make a difference but they can tell you exactly what kinds of things to eat when, and how they will make you feel. I feel this is preferrable to going on some nutty diet that requires me to hand forage berries and give up whole grains and milk in favor of sucking the marrow out of bones.

Plus, the health and fitness level of the cavemen rested firmly on the fact that they had to physically chase down their food before they got to eat it. ;)