How tall?

spideyjg

Bass Gear Geek
Nov 14, 2005
OK, I remeber at Blind Melons seeing a security guys pushing through the crowd then Linda shows up on stage. Same guy then Liz appears, a G&L headstock bobbing behind the guy and Wanda shows up.

Who is the tallest and shortest of the 5 and ballpark heights?

My guess is Liz is just barely over 5 foot. Sara or Aja seem to be the tallest.

Jim

Hee hee! I wish I was 5' 6"! :loco: I cheat with these monster boots I have! I'm a whopping 5' 1.75". I think I'm the shrimp of the band, but it's hard to say cuz Wanda, Liz and I are all around the same height. Sara and Aja are the taller girls.:worship: Photos are funny cuz we use phone books to stand on or really tall shoes to even us out a bit sometimes. :p If I guess the order, I think I'm the shortest, then Wanda, then Liz, then Aja, then Sara. ;)

I tell ya I seen 'em all (but Liz) and none of them are very big :D And while Linda may look tiny I can tell you from standing behind her while she's played, few drummers can swing a stick as hard! I seriously do not wanna be on the business end of anything Linda has her hands on and is swinging! :worship:

It seems in the pics you are dwarfed by your guitar Liz.

Doesn't slow you down at all. :worship: :headbang:

Watching you and Wanda wail away I can never complain it is hard to reach anything on the fretboard. :worship: :worship:

About 3 weeks to Canes..................:Spin:

Jim

Hehe. I look at it like Steve Harris... before I meet him in person he seemed, as most do on stage, larger than life. Then I realize he wasn't very tall at all.

But they all rock, be it 5'1" or taller :D

This thread is wierd timing.......At the Paladinos show I got to meet the band at the end of the night and the first thing that comes out of my mouth when I talked to Wanda is that she is a small person...What??...Sorry Wanda, I hope I didn't sound like a jackass. Of all the things that I could have said that pertain to your talent on the bass, instead this is what comes out of my mouth??... You are very sweet, so I hope I didn't offend you. The security guy was rushing us out of the bar so I wasn't thinking straight.

For years and years I thought I was 5' 2 1/2" - it's even on my driver's license! But last year when I went to the doctor for my yearly they told me I was 5' 4 1/2" !! I checked and sure enough they were right. I thought I was past having a growth spurt, but hey I'll take it!

Any guitar makes me look tiny....
I've reached the point where I'm certain there is no "cool" guitar that'll fit me good. Oh well, I'm not complaining...

As well you shouldn't Liz. The proof is in the pudding or for a musician it is how well they play not the ratio of body size to instrument.

Although at first it looks unusual but 5 seconds into an IMs show everyone will hear the proof.

Hell my hands are much bigger than Wanda's but she is a far better bassist than I.

I don't know Liz I think Comanches look cool
Comanche003.jpg

Jim

Blizard said:
Any guitar makes me look tiny.... :yell:
I've reached the point where I'm certain there is no "cool" guitar that'll fit me good. :Smug: Oh well, I'm not complaining...:kickass:

Well.... Liz.... next time your up here to Spokane we'll let you fiddle with my Les Paul :D You might have to pry it from Sara, though :D

sarales.jpg

And while I don't dislike that Comanche, I think the best Strat clone is the Strat itself.

Not to derail the thread but Leo Fender was hardly "cloning" anything of the Strat when he made the G&L Z-coils. Whole different animal. Dead quiet pickups that sound like single coils.

I followed Leo Fender the inventor rather than Fender the company. Leo invented some badass stuff, MFD pickups especially, before he died and long after he sold Fender.

Jim

BichMaker said:
Robo... don't make me smack you! :yuk:

Liz... maybe someday you'll find something that works - even though I like the V! :headbang:

Hey all you’ed gotta’ do is just change out the pickups, and tremelo system and nut, then replace the frets with some good quality metal, and then it will sing!

Or you could just make her a custom mini.