How was Raintime?

Dead Winter

STAHP
Apr 30, 2002
Italy/US
I'm really good friends with Raintime and was really excited to hear they were going to ProgPower. How were they? Did the audience enjoy them? Reactions from the audience/you?

I think they did a very good performance considering they were the openers and audience was about to warm up but for me was one the best of Friday's performance just after Pagan's. They performed most of Flies and Lies album, Rolling Chances was damn good!

Regards
Ace

Raintime were awesome, we went primarily to see them and we were not dissapointed. To us they were the best show that night, they are our most favorite among the whole roster playing this year, so it only makes sense we would feel that way.

That's excellent news. Claudio and Luca are really close friends of mine and it's wonderful to see them fulfilling their dream.

Raintime, IMO, is right up there with Stride as far as best opener of the fest. Their set was killer and just left me wanting more, like another hour more. They were tight as hell and just absolutely fit the bill of ProgPower to a tee. Matrioska was an amazing way to close their set. I didn't expect that.

And...with such a short set, there was no room for Beat It. I want the originals.

I've been to every PPUSA starting with 3, and Raintime were hands-down and far and away the best festival opener by a mile. Definitely hope we'll see them back at X.

- R

That's so awesome to hear those comments. A couple of years ago they were supposed to go on tour with Royal Hunt, and RH cancelled ON THE WAY TO THE FIRST DATE IN GERMANY. They had to ride the bus back home in tears.

I told Claudio that their time would come, and it seems like it has. Great news.

I've been to every PPUSA starting with 3, and Raintime were hands-down and far and away the best festival opener by a mile. Definitely hope we'll see them back at X.

- R

Them and Into Eternity were the best festival openers.
They have that "something".
Claus has a winner with this band

Hi guys!! Raintime would like to thank all of you crazy metalheads!! Thanx so much for the support, you have been amazing and you delivered so much warmth!
See you later at the venue!!!!
So much looking forward to have some beers with you!!!!!
Thanks Chris for this topic!!!!
Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raintime:headbang:

Hi guys!! Raintime would like to thank all of you crazy metalheads!! Thanx so much for the support, you have been amazing and you delivered so much warmth!
See you later at the venue!!!!
So much looking forward to have some beers with you!!!!!
Thanks Chris for this topic!!!!
Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Raintime:headbang:

Hey man, I'm so happy for you guys! It's the least I could do!

BTW, how long will you guys be staying there? Also, what are your thoughts on playing in the states compared to here, besides the obvious gigantic metal gig? Did you guys have a chance to see Atlanta? It's a really nice and modern city, though I haven't been there in a few years.

I wish I coulda been there to cheer you guys on!!!!

Dobbiamo fare una festa quando tornate, dio caro!!!! :kickass: Siamo sempre con voi!!!!

Chris & Anna