Opinions on Raintime?

Mustang said:
Anyone know where I can find sound clips of them? I haven't heard them before.
On the main page
PHP:
www.progpowerusa.com/
, click on the link under Audio/Video at the top and you will hear Raintime.

I've gotten a few of those Russian-licensed CDs, but not in digipack form. I have one of Nightwish "Once" and it's missing a photo in the booklet and it has a bunch of Slavic writing on it. I also have one of those of Candlemass's "Epicus", the 2-disc version, where the cover text is white (I think the US/Europe editions have red text). Okay, this didn't really add to the discussion, but they do seem to be fairly common in the States. My Candlemass one came from Amazon.com (the US site).

The most exited about seeing this band..... wow...... i love it... being a huge harsh vocal style fan!!!! I can hear some BODOM in the music :headbang:

HAHAHAHA!!!! It's so funny you said that because Claudio is a fucking COB FREAK!

They're all really nice guys and some of my best friends (we live only 10 minutes apart, the band was at my friggin' wedding) and the new album is absolutely amazing. 10-1 compared to Tales From Sadness. If any of you meet them, go up to Luca Martina (lead guitar) and say in a really nasally voice, "NON é VERO!!! (It means "it's not true")

We were at a local festival one time and it was us, Revoltons and Raintime hanging out together and Luca was fucking smashed...and we tried to tell him where we were but he just kept saying "NON è VERO, NON è VERO!!! SIAMO A CASA!!!! (it's not true, we're at home)

So from that point on, we all call him (in a really high pitched, nasally tone) NON è VERO!!!!

Seriously, though, these guys have worked their asses off for this and have talent pouring out of them. Super nice guys who appreciate every single thing that comes their way. Last year they had a tour with Royal Hunt, only Royal Hunt backed out WHILE THEY WERE ON THE TOUR BUS HEADED TO GERMANY. Basically, they paid 10,000 euros for a bus ride to Munich and back, and didn't even get to play. After that, I told Claudio that the next time is their time...and lo and behold they're going to the states for ProgPower. Most excellent, Smithers....

I can't think of a better band for it to happen to. The new album will melt your fucking faces. The "Beat It" cover is fucking heavy as hell...I never thought I'd say that, but it kicks ass.

LOL...it is weird...hopefully Raintime left out the reggae chorus. :err:

Trust me, there is nothing but metal in their version of Beat It. Luca doesn't just copy and paste EVH's solo, either. It's really close, but he adds his own little touches. The sheer heaviness of the riffs is mindboggling. That's what 7 strings are for, I guess.

Have you heard the remastered ACID BATH cd that came out last year. Really great to hear those songs remastered!!!!:kickass:

No way!!! I didn't know they even put out a remastered cd! I followed them up until the demise of Agents of Oblivion, but then I moved away and never followed any of Deadboy.

No way!!! I didn't know they even put out a remastered cd! I followed them up until the demise of Agents of Oblivion, but then I moved away and never followed any of Deadboy.

Check this out!:kickass:

News remastered
Demos: 1993-1996

The hot, humid swamps of the Louisiana bayou, early 1993. Dax Riggs, Audie Pitre, Sammy Duet, Mike Sanchez and Jimmy Kyle drove from New Orleans to Orlando to record a demo for their band…aptly named, Acid Bath. What nobody knew was that they were about to pour the sonic foundation that dozens of bands would ultimately use to build their own houses on.

These recordings, namely the 12 demos contained within, are what the band had laid down and are almost like a mile marker as to how their sound developed, evolved and became the polar opposite of what was going on in the music industry at that time. Sit back, spin the volume knob to the right and let it burn...

**i listen to some "deadboy and elephantman" but not my top of music, its more like rock folk kind of stuff.

Ghoatwhore on the other hand, with sammy duet of acid bath is pretty intense kind of death/black metal. just seen them live with CELTIC FROST, they put on a great show.:headbang:

To get this topic back on track, I also bought my copy on eBay for $10.00 including shipping and I got the digipack just like Pellaz.

And it came unglued too!!! Wow. It didn't come with any bonus tracks or anything, just a different packaging.

As far as the music goes, I love it. I also found the CoB influence very prevalent, and CoB remains one of my favorite metal bands (and they're power metal with harsh vocals, therefore a candidate for PP I would hope); but I digress. I listened to Tales... three times in a row the day I got it (both to school, in between classes, and back from school). I let my roommate borrow it (because he loves Mercenary and likes CoB), and he also said it was very good, although he didn't like it as much as I did.

Fantastic disc; I didn't know I had a barely authorized version that you didn't know about, Claus.

At first I didn't like them, but the more I listened to them, I REALLY got in to them. Now I'm trying to scrounge up money for a copy of Tales From Sadness :erk:

Can't wait to see these guys at PP8 :kickass:

Believe me, they are in a state of bewilderment over this festival. They simply can't believe it. Around here, Raintime is ust "Claudio's band", just like everyone else's...but now things are changing and it's really good to see that they are getting their due.