Opinions on Raintime?

They do nothing for me as I can not listen to the cookie monster vox. I do like the music and the clean vox in it but they loose me me with the cookie, cookie, cookie.

I've just heard the sample and I think they sound great. Right down my alley!!! It kind of cracks me up that such an astute audience like the one at progpower can't handle this kind of vocal styling. When I was first getting used to extreme vocals I just put it in my head that it's just another instrument. On that plane the vocals became an interesting addition.

Plus they are sooo METAL!!!!! :devil: :headbang: :kickass: :lol: :heh:

We should alllll become cover artists, then! :lol:

Loved the new song and samples, and I think the older CD is really good (got it through eBay). Has anyone else's digipack come unglued? :erk:

I really do wish the "Rolling Chances" mp3 were a bit 'louder' or levelled up. I debuted the song on WREKage from my iPod and it was faint enough that I had to fade up that channel alllll the way on the control board.

I like that CoB'ish feel, yet with clean vocals also. Definitely a must-see band for me next year. :kickass:

Theandromedastrain said:
Tell me how you aquired this!

Very simple - I sent it to him :)

Seriously, Mattias did the artwork for us on this album, so he is one of the very few who got the CD. Besides Mattias and Glenn, we've only sent the CD to record labels and a few European booking agents.

The rest of you will have to wait till we set a release date.

Cheers,
c.

Pellaz said:
Loved the new song and samples, and I think the older CD is really good (got it through eBay). Has anyone else's digipack come unglued? :erk:

??????????????????????????????????

Digipack? Are you telling me there's a digipack available of this one? Neither me nor the band knows about this version ...

Info, please?? ;-)

c.

Pellaz said:
Raintime, "Tales From Sadness"

under license to Scarecrow Records

There's also an "Arise Records" logo on the back, lower left.

And it is indeed a (slightly fucked-up) digipack.

Thanks for the information ... :)

Wow, that's just weird. I guess (from the homepage) that it's a mexican label or some other central american one ... the thing is, that we were never told about this. The label (ARISE RECORDS) informed us that they were working on a deal for the disc in Taiwan or something like that, but it never happened.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter much, since the label (ARISE) doesn't exist anymore, so we won't see any $$$ for either sold copies of the original jewelcase version or the digipack.

However, it surprises me that they even went for a digipack as I did not design the booklet for anything else than a standard jewelcase when I did the layout for it - so my guess is that they've stretched the frontcover to make it fit a digipack (I'm sure you can see it's stretched?!).

Thanks for that info - now I have to track down a copy of the digipack myself, haha.

Claus

No, maybe not. It looks like the image is in the proper proportion, but with 'white space' added on either side to make it fit the digipack.

I'd scan it, but I have no scanner. However, I know I'm not the only person on the Forum who has received a digipack...I think also from eBay. It was $10 including shipping. (!)

Pellaz said:
No, maybe not. It looks like the image is in the proper proportion, but with 'white space' added on either side to make it fit the digipack.

I'd scan it, but I have no scanner. However, I know I'm not the only person on the Forum who has received a digipack...I think also from eBay. It was $10 including shipping. (!)

I received this digipack from ebay and the front is not streched.

Not quite on topic but was searching for info about some Cds I just bought.

DARNIT!

I was trying to avoid buying Russian Licenced CDs, so I went for the Digipacks, only to find I've bought 4 MEXICAN Licenced CDs.

Well at least the Hammerfall Album I just ordered from HMV should be an official West European made release.