How would you like next S.A. album to be done?

Shadow X

New Metal Member
Nov 13, 2005
Miami Florida USA
In my case there is not much to ask from these guys, but still would like to suggest another lead guitar which share solos w/ Steinar Gundersen. And please don't change anything else.... the first album was so great in every aspect ... even the audio quality ... we got HDCD :worship:

I dont care if they put together an entire cd full of yodeling and gregorian chants. I just want a new cd that says " Spiral Architect" On it.

As with all albums I anticipate...I want to be surprised...though only in a good way....though an ASU part II wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing...I just most value the albums that are unique :)

I'd say it with Steve Digiorgio in relation to psychotic Waltz, when he said that those guys could fart into a microphone and he'd buy it.

Apart from that - Do a gig in here in Deutschneyland!:tickled:

As far as I know Neil still is unable to leave the USA, which means he can't produce the new SA album unless the guys decide to record it Stateside. He can mix the stuff though.

Am I wrong, Neil?

NP: Minsk - Out of a Center Which Is Nieither Dead Nor Alive

I honestly don't know if I will be involved with SA in the future. I would definitely like to be, but as Batmura says I am currently unable to travel outside the US which might be end up being a problem. Also, who knows, the band might well prefer to work a different way in the future. I am definitely a huge fan of the band, but I'm also unaware of what the band would like to do next time around. Asgeir has his own studio in Norway now, so they might well prefer to make use of that for the next album rather that doing it in the US. We shall see what happens.

Neil K.

As long as we don't get some Andy-Sneap-assembly-line-production/mix...but I have to say that Neil was involved in many of my all-time favourite albums - and none do sound like others...true class, I think:Spin:

I personally think ASC is the most amazing thing Neil Kernon has ever done. Also, with all due respect to Asgeir, I somehow can't see anyone creating such an astonishing sonic quality except NK himself.

It just sucks that Neil is unable to leave the US. I still remember how disappointed I was when I read Neil's post saying he wasn't going to produce Evergrey's Recreation Day. And guess what, I sort of hate RD because of its shitty sound. I love Tom Englund but the production on the last two Evergrey albums are truly awful. He should get someone else to do the production.

It's obvious that we will record the damn(ed) thing in my studio (in fact it was one of the reasons I built it). We are the type of musicians who want to focus for weeks on tiny bits, and with that in mind let's face it: No label on earth will give us the budget which will allow us to use Neil's expertise (or any other great producer). Mixing, however, is another story, but it's way too early to decide who, where, when...

- Asgeir

asgeir said:
It's obvious that we will record the damn(ed) thing in my studio (in fact it was one of the reasons I built it). We are the type of musicians who want to focus for weeks on tiny bits, and with that in mind let's face it: No label on earth will give us the budget which will allow us to use Neil's expertise (or any other great producer). Mixing, however, is another story, but it's way too early to decide who, where, when...

- Asgeir

is a producer still needed for a band like SA? i mean you guys have alot of experience in studios with alot of different bands and some of experienced bands try it for there own and mostly it works fine (at least as i hear the end result).