How would you like next S.A. album to be done?

Since i discover what i like in music i develope my idea of the Ultimate album. The one that amaze you at each listening without getting bored. I'd like if Spiral consider my view (and the others one too) to inspire some ideas for there second album. So... My ultimate album would be on a cinematic feel, with various atmosphere that inculcate moods and images. I like when music bring you in a mind trip. I'd like it to broke frontiers, sounding so vast like if it was play in space and that we heard unconventionnal things, like i dont' know? whales singing or female singing in an unknown language. And of course a technical interpretation and musicianship as Spiral can do. Jazz fusion passage, etc. A mix of Yes (Relayer, Close to the edge), Arcturus, Cynic and Atheist. It's my wiev. I know it will not please everybody. But, give me feed back just to see if my idea of the Ultimate album can be yours too.:Spin:
DOM

When I said earlier that would be cool to incorporate some whales singning or female singning in an unknown language i dont say that i'd like this stuff on the whole album. I thought it could be cool as intro's or part of a song in particuliar. It's like the guy who love Gregorian chants.
Why not? But not on a entire album of Spiral. It's just suggestions. Anyway, no matter the band will do I'm sure this will be ammmmazing stuff.

DOM

Whales singing?... wow! I don't know if Asgeir's studio is big enough for that kind of session musicians.

My ultimate album would be on a cinematic feel, with various atmosphere that inculcate moods and images. I like when music bring you in a mind trip. I'd like it to broke frontiers, sounding so vast like if it was play in space and that we heard unconventionnal things, like i dont' know? And of course a technical interpretation and musicianship as Spiral can do. Jazz fusion passage, etc. A mix of Yes (Relayer, Close to the edge), Arcturus, Cynic and Atheist.

Have you heared ASU?

Sure, I've heard ASU. And you right Asgeirs studio is probably to small for my whales, so i've got a solution...
whales can be replace by belugas or daulphins (LoL).
Have you ever heard whales? It's kinda strange, calming. It can be cool as sample for an intro, no? Is this idea sucks too much?

Yes. No. YES!

Just joking. I mean, I had to post something rude here because the topic is stupid. Like: "Hey, Asgeir. Can I compose a song for the new album? Pleeease!"

Welcome to the board, btw. :)

dominicG said:
When I said earlier that would be cool to incorporate some whales singning or female singning in an unknown language i dont say that i'd like this stuff on the whole album. I thought it could be cool as intro's or part of a song in particuliar. It's like the guy who love Gregorian chants.
Why not? But not on a entire album of Spiral. It's just suggestions. Anyway, no matter the band will do I'm sure this will be ammmmazing stuff.

DOM

i believe that At the gates already has a trademark on whale singing on a metal album ;)

Atheist said:
A Sceeeeeptiiiiics UUuuuuuuniverse! :)

Finding Nemo is one of my Favorite.

Yeah, "Finding Nemo" is in the top 3 animation movies category for me :)
But i think the best animation movie is probably "The Incredibles"... excellent movie... great story... perfect animation... I watched " Chicken Little " a while back ... pretty cool... but kind of childish... By the way, i have a friend of mine who's working in Warner Bro's... he's an animator... they're working there on a new huge blockbuster animation movie called "The Ant Bully"... it might be out summer 2006... it will probably be pretty cool... you should check it out :)

Monster's Inc. is THE animation movie!!! I've been forced (= children in the house...) to see it at least 30 times and I still don't hate it. Ice Age was crap the 3rd time I had to see it. Finding Nemo and The Incredibles were OK but a little disappointing after Monster's Inc. I've bought Robots but haven't seen it yet. Big hopes for that one.

Seen Chicken Run? Excellent movie!

- Asgeir

Any Wallace And Gromit fans? I still haven't seen their new movie, but I love all the episodes of theirs! Nick Park (the guy who also did Chicken Run) is a fantastic animator!

asgeir said:
Monster's Inc. is THE animation movie!!! I've been forced (= children in the house...) to see it at least 30 times and I still don't hate it. Ice Age was crap the 3rd time I had to see it. Finding Nemo and The Incredibles were OK but a little disappointing after Monster's Inc. I've bought Robots but haven't seen it yet. Big hopes for that one.

Seen Chicken Run? Excellent movie!

- Asgeir

yes !! i totally agree that Monster's Inc. is an excellent movie... and really great animations considering that it came out a little earlier than the time animation movies started booming. But i honestly consider "Incredibles" to be the ultimate movie... great story... perfect animations... cool characters. Finding Nemo comes close in second. It's really weird that you didn't like "Ice Age... i thought it was geniunely a well thought out idea for a movie, with really cool characters... it would have been alot nicer also if they developed the character "SCRAT" as a major role in the movie:) ... anyway, you might as well know that "Ice Age 2" is coming out this summer... and i'm already hearing that it's going to be way bigger and better than its predecessor :)
As for "Robots"... i can honestly say that it's a GREAT movie... worth the watch... so i'm guessing you'll probably enjoy it once you get the chance to actually watch it :D
I haven't seen chicken run... but i've seen "Chicken Little" recently... it's kind of cool... but maybe alittle bit childish... plus too short :erk:
But if you really want to get involved with animation... you might as well step out of the boundaries of US animation movies and move to Japan... Japanese Animation movies are a piece of ART... i advise you to start with "Final Fantasy 7" .... nothing short of perfection in the realm of animation.... kind of like "A Sceptic's Universe" in the domain of music :)

Originaly I bluff with whale's singing just to see the reactions, if someone will think that i'm really serious. This morning I was surprise to see that in fact it turn in the subject of animation. I have'nt expect that i must say!
And it confirms what i thought, the spiral guy's know what they do and are'nt really intrested buy what we expect from a second album. And we know it. It's why nobody elaborate on this question. At this point you can forget about my whales. Have a nice day!

Hey Asgeir, I know what you mean about having kids at home. My son likes things like Barney and recently he got into Bob Sponge, he's 3. Once in a while I try to play air guitar with him and he seems to enjoy :). I like Shrek2 and The Incredibles more than any other. My favorite animation movie is still Akira.

SpongeBob Squarepants is Awesome... Frankly I don't know If I would enjoy it being a kid... but adult oriented jokes and the faces he and patrick make are hilarious...