Hows this snare fitting in?

Sounds good man....Could use a bit more crack to it. But might just be taste.

Whats the guitars?

Yeah could do, least I have the "beef" end down :) As long as its not tubby.

Guits are just that TX sim thing, I never normally use amp sims but this is just so I can edit the DI's without having to reamp them each time :)

Thanks!

The snare is a mixture of a few but the basis is Slates snare7.

Impulse wise I just the highpres one Ryan did. Gonna be reamped through the dual rec and Marks 6505 for the final. :headbang:

Updated the OP with a new clip, tried to get rid of any unwanted "tubby" lows and give it a bit more crack and cut. Still think I might swap out snare7 it sounds good but a little hollow imo, kinda like 2 snares have been blended slightly out of phase.

Also this is for Eternally Gutted plus anybody else whos interested in the guitar sound.

APOLOGIES ABOUT THE SIZEEEEEEE! :lol:

ETD_TX.jpg

Actually ignore the Cubase channel EQ on the "guitars" thats a different bus haha, on the real one it was just a bit of a presence boost. No low mid cuts :)

the snare sounds great. Pretty fat and defo. cracking. Too loud in the mix IMO

Oh it is too loud, ill have to automate that section because thats the only part in the song where it really sticks out :p Glad the tones are to your liking too!

I actually swapped out snare7 in the updated clip, replaced it with a combo of snare 15 and 12a. 12a providing the scooped low meat and 15 giving it more midrange and clarity along with the previous samples layered on top. Snare 7 was good but it had a slight hollowness it to *as most of the fat Slate snares do imho* but it sounded like a jazz snare a metal drummer was hitting. For any rock stuff ill ever do in the future ill Slate it all over but for the really metal stuff im moving futher and further away.

On the snare half of thats Slate and the rides also Slate :p

Updated the clip aswell, brought the level down a bit too.

any chance to get your SSD preset?

Theres really not much in it, the ride snare 15, snare 12a mixed a few DB lower, snare 15 going to SSD room and snare 12a going to the NRG room. Thats all I have in it haha :)

Oh and a kick, which is being sample replaced anyway.