i am now officially sick of your opinions about the new album

i'm not convicting you of that. and i too agree on the subject once in a while - i wont deny it. tho it's still Anathema for me.
Perhaps Danny shouldve done this one as a single-man (side)project.

Sure I remember the songs as Danny was writing the riffs and playing them on acoustic etc. Im certain he didnt write them ripping off anyone. What Im saying is the comparisons on a couple of songs are accurate because of the way they have turned out, the actual vocal takes and some of the sounds used. The songs are still good like but dont bash people for recognising obvious influences there or pretend that is isnt just cos its Anathema. Im only talking of 2 tracks anyway, and I really like the music on them.

it's all fairly new to them i reckon, using 'atmospheric' sounds. it takes a cpl of trials to make it yer fully own.
well, seeing the subject of this thread i'll ferme me race like

Yeh its no big deal anyway. Like your man said, everyone has direct influences, some subtle, some obvious. Im no different like. I just cringe when I see blatant denial. We dont want this to turn into the Opeth forum eh?

Don Corleone said:
yeah the first acoutic riff on benighted is from "never let go." akerfeldt said it himself. but just the first acoustic riff.
yeah but it doesnt mean he really ripped it off, I mean it might be like it but not be like it erm, who cares if it does anyway? it might be directly influenced but doesnt mean he meant it to be directly influenced to sound like erm, it. NOOOOOOO!

:lol:

Danny, Dude, in the nicest way possible... shut the fuck up moaning! lol Near enough everybody loves the new anathema album, everyone may be comparing it to other bands, but the bottom line is, we all like the new album, so stop whineing else you really will sound like radiohead! * inserts humourous smiley!

aye i've realised that meself. kinda sorry i put this thread up but it got people talking and then it was too late to take it off. oh well. i will shut up now like!

Strangelight said:
Sorry mate but you're dead wrong like.
What i was trying to say is, that the 3rd track would be better if it had more Anathema influence than Radiohead influence - if it had stronger distorted guitars which Radiohead don't use, and Anathema used to use.

The first 3 tracks sound little uninspired to me compared to the rest of the album, and that was the word I couldn't remember to describe my feelings about it.

And wish to add that these are the best lyrics since Alt4(since Strangelight left). Danny really opened his heart/mind this time.

Les kicked some serious ass throughout the whole album, he and Danny did a great job.

And what I don't like also is the drums production, pulled under at 2000 metres would be much better if the snare sound was, um, different. imo.