I could swear hell just froze over (metallica's new setlist)

I love reading people dissing The Beatles. While liking or disliking their material is a matter of choice, you can't overlook their impact on numerous music fronts. Me personally, I like em'. I took the leap from "kiddie" records to Beatles way back in 71-72. Led to a whole world of musical discovery for me.

SR - I wouldn't call you stupid, but until I hear/read your dissing comments, I'll consider you uninformed. :) Like I said, it's ok to dislike them, but nobody can take away what they accomplished in a fairly short career as a band.

Sig Police - Montu, Ptah, trim please......

I'd have to agree, considering the expectation the album created and how good some of their previous work had been

Another thing, lots of people are talking about how their old stuff is just praise worthy. Well I checked it out, and none of it is really even worth listening to. Sorry guys I know I'm gonna get bashed relentlessly for this post, but Metallica are not icons and do not deserve any respect of any kind for any of their albums.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I think it's impossible to take an honest listen to Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets and then make this statement.

Not too shabby. It could use Call of Ktulu and Battery but meh...Hetfield can't get his old vocals back anywho...

I like Metallica, I really do, I still got that one cd, ...And Justice For All, yeah, that is the only cd I bought of theirs, and I like it a lot, I listen to what I want to listen too, ok call it over rated, ok call it under rated, ok call it ass rated, I do not care, I'm still going to listen to ...And Justice For All despite what any one thinks.
The set list is cool, will I go see a show of theirs ? Maybe one day !

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only person who feels Metallica is one of the most overrated bands out there. And of course their old stuff sounds waaay better than their new stuff, but, it still doesn't sound worshippingly fantastic.