I don't get it

Gums

sweet bitching
Jan 9, 2002
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Whats with you Bodom spammers?

I mean, to be off-topic most of the time is one thing.. I don't mind that so much, especially after you've talked about the band a lot and start to run out of ideas (which we have here, but you new guys wouldn't even know that cause you weren't around)
But don't you guys at least prefer to have DISCUSSIONS? I mean, get to know the people a bit and stuff. Whats up with the topics that go something like

'Hey, I'm seeing _____ on thursday' and then the next 10 guys go :headbang:

or that other thread where you fellas say "Hugs" over and over and over?

Even the NP thread, I find it pointless to say NP: IN FLAMES - GYROSCOPE and not even write anything about it.

Reactions: opacity
Agreed, I'm a huge Bodom fan but jesus christ it seems like every Bodom fan on UM is either a spammer or a complete fucking fanboy.

I have more to say but I really don't feel like it, I'm too fucking tired from one of the most amazing concerts last night :headbang:

No, he's mocking my post! :O

Oh and btw, I have nothing against any of you personally. I'd just like to see more discussion and less posts that serve no purpose, which seems to be a trend around the Bodom parts

Final_Vision said:
dude I think i saw you at the show, im assuming from your smiley you too felt this show owned.
heh naw i wasnt there. as gums said i was just mocking him. you might have seen me at the dimmu/nevermore/cob show though.
-neal

What is the right way to say it? I've been saying it "Boe-duhm," but I've also heard "Bah-duhm." Anyway, I have to agree with what you said, and Bodom has nothing to to with it other than a common trend that those that tend to spam up the boards are also major fans of them. Something else I find annoying about it is that technically, they have every right to do that. But that doesn't stop it from being annoying. Try to add a little substance to your posts.

And I don't claim not to be guilty of it. It's a habit a lot of us have, I personally just have to try to as little as possible.

INF said:
Here in finland every 12 year old kid listens to bodom :roll: Those idiots have ruined the band.
Heh..that's gotta suck..here..in my school..no ones heard of children of bodom, so i'm good.

I saw Soilwork and Chimaira on Monday with a few buddies. Soilwork owned me and Chimaira put on a great show. I'm not particularly a fan of their album work but live they had a great presence and easy shit to headbang to heh.

P.S: Froosch is the Frooschiest guy I know...yep.

COBSteele02 said:
And yer bitchin about it?

Try having every little 12 yr old kid think linkin park is true metal.

Im sorry i made it sound the wrong way. I think there is nothing wrong about 12 year old kids listening to bodom, but most of them dont even like it. Bodom got this reputation of being "hated by old ppl" and ofcourse that why they "listen" to it. They dont know a damn thing about metal, and they even brag about listening it. It would ok if they would even buy the album, but no, just some burned mp3s they got from kazaa.

INF said:
Im sorry i made it sound the wrong way. I think there is nothing wrong about 12 year old kids listening to bodom, but most of them dont even like it. Bodom got this reputation of being "hated by old ppl" and ofcourse that why they "listen" to it. They dont know a damn thing about metal, and they even brag about listening it. It would ok if they would even buy the album, but no, just some burned mp3s they got from kazaa.

Same thing here except its linkin park. They love the fact the old people hate linkin park. I agree with the old people on that one.

My parents like Linkin Park. But then again my dad isn't opposed to Children of Bodom either. The good thing about a situation like this is that eventually the kids will grow out of it and either become true fans or stop listening to it. And old people should listen to metal.

And thanks, Gums and F_V, but I have to work at that, my natural tendency is to spam it up.