I don't think Jesper can return and here's why.....

Back to the topic at hand.

I think IF would be able to accommodate Jesper's return. And by that,I mean they're going to cut back on drinking, and focus more on bonding, as it would take a while to get Jesper back in band form.

He can do it ;)

There's a lot of people who got sober.
Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater
Deron Miller of CKY
James Hatfield as someone said

I believe he can do it...even if they tell him to stay away from being around alcohol drinkers...In Flames has been this thing he helped build and unless he's tired of playing In Flames and being involved in the band, I think he would work out being and the band and sober.

!)"#(!")#(!"
THIS FUCKING SUCKS! -.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.--.-.-.---.-.-.-.-.-.-.-
.......sigh.
I was NOT expecting that news seriously. My guess is that Niclas Engelin will fill his spot, and that's the best replacement imo atm. It's just fucking sad that the only remaining original member has left the band....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm pretty positive that they will maintain their sound though, and that's good, but very sad news for fans. Damnit seriously. I'm interested in what he will do next though, I know the album with Roland ex-sonic syndicate singer is being released in this year, and hopefully he might do another Dimension Zero album soon. But damn, it's very sad to see him leave In Flames! Whoever is filling his spot, it will be BIG BIG BIG shoes to fill.

Ah well, it's not like this band ever had any hope of writing good music again anyway. I'm happy that he's better and I'll always be thankful for his contributions to In Flames.

Bring on new Dimension Zero!

This is a very sad time. The only thing that I can hope is that a new member brings something fresh to the band, a good kind of fresh. Who knows though?

This is a very sad time. The only thing that I can hope is that a new member brings something fresh to the band, a good kind of fresh. Who knows though?
I agree. Björn also wrote much of the music, so I don't think it will affect the sound THAT much, but I mean it's hard to think about IF without Jesper in it.
There is some positive things about it though yes, new Dimension Zero album is probably being released late 2010 or 2011 since they started working on it late 2008. But this is depressing news indeed! =/ We'll see what happens in a few months. My guess is still that Niclas will fill Jespers spot.

If the band is kinda (technically) on hold, maybe we'll get new Sacrilege GBG and Passenger. Then as Krofius said, new DZ sooner than later one could hope.

You know, Engelin seems like the natural choice to be the new guitarist, but wouldn't that just make Engel a side project? It'd be interesting to see if it went that way.

Wow... gutted by that news. In Flames are kinda renowned for saying that if one member left it wouldn't be In Flames anymore. I guess they'll change their stance on that, as there's a lot more $$$ to be had from the In Flames name yet.

What a loss. It's not In Flames without Jesper, I'm gutted I'll never see them live with him, unless he rejoins.. which is unlikely.

I think I'll have a breakdown if Alexi leaves Children of Bodom, although unlikely. But this really came out of the blue.

People can pretty much forget about In Flames returning to their former glories now. Jesper was the force behind TJR/Whoracle, without him those influences will be lost.

the only guitar player that could possibly fill Jesper's spot is Alexander Koupalla (ex-Children Of Bodom)

If the band is kinda (technically) on hold, maybe we'll get new Sacrilege GBG and Passenger. Then as Krofius said, new DZ sooner than later one could hope.

You know, Engelin seems like the natural choice to be the new guitarist, but wouldn't that just make Engel a side project? It'd be interesting to see if it went that way.
About Sacrilege GBG: No update for some months, but I heard they weren't sure if Daniel actually could do the vocals after all these years :p I hope he can..
About Passenger: In the recent interview with Anders & Niclas from oktober or something they said that they will definitely do a second passenger album in the future, And now that In Flames will take some time off, hopefully they will work with their side-projects instead of slacking at home or something :D