I feel sorry for Roope

jeeznep

New Metal Member
Oct 21, 2010
SERIOSLY!!!!!!

I've watched "Chaos Ridden Years Stockholm Live" several times now and I get more angry everytime.

Alexi is the front character, yes I know. But Roope is the same good on guitar as Alexi, even better in my OWN opinion. WHY THE HELL Shall Alexi get all the solos? I mean, they've for sure full control how they shall setup the solos but anyway. I hate Alexi of all my heart cuz he's got all the cool stuff to himself.

ROOPE FOR THE WIN FFS!

Just had to get it out of me.

(No, my English is not the best)

What do you think about the dealing with solos?

-EDIT-

And the very much solos in the Consert. Alexi got like 2 mins to do some solos, the drummis got some time aswell and the same with the kboard. But Roope gets like 10 sec then alexi comes in on the scene. WHY THE FUCK? LET ROOPE PLAY, OOOOOhh im sorry, Alexi will get to Jelous. Stupid idiot.

SERIOSLY!!!!!!

I've watched "Chaos Ridden Years Stockholm Live" several times now and I get more angry everytime.

Alexi is the front character, yes I know. But Roope is the same good on guitar as Alexi, even better in my OWN opinion. WHY THE HELL Shall Alexi get all the solos? I mean, they've for sure full control how they shall setup the solos but anyway. I hate Alexi of all my heart cuz he's got all the cool stuff to himself.

ROOPE FOR THE WIN FFS!

Just had to get it out of me.

(No, my English is not the best)

What do you think about the dealing with solos?

-EDIT-

And the very much solos in the Consert. Alexi got like 2 mins to do some solos, the drummis got some time aswell and the same with the kboard. But Roope gets like 10 sec then alexi comes in on the scene. WHY THE FUCK? LET ROOPE PLAY, OOOOOhh im sorry, Alexi will get to Jelous. Stupid idiot.

Stop taking drugs. Seriously.

Children of Bodom = Alexi. Deal with it.

Also, this.

Alexi writes the songs so he writes the solos too, and he obviously makes more interesting music than Roope. I wouldn't mind Roope playing solos also tho. Why not give him a few per album.

Alexi is the front character, yes I know. But Roope is the same good on guitar as Alexi, even better in my OWN opinion.

Its not your opinion. Roope is much better than alexi on guitar. But alexi is guitar, vocals, and WRITER, so, i will repeat once again, alexi=cob :rofl:

Alexi writes the songs so he writes the solos too, and he obviously makes more interesting music than Roope. I wouldn't mind Roope playing solos also tho. Why not give him a few per album.

According to wikipedia, Roope plays a few solos once in a while, contrary to popuplar belief.

No. Roope has two solos in Blooddrunk, one in Banned From Heaven that he plays live when they play it. That's it. He adds thousands of cool licks all over the place, like at the end of Angels Don't Kill in the Unholly Alliance DVD where he plays a really cool solo out of the blue, but he doesn't have any more official solos, and I really don't see the point on Roope playing live the solos Alexi's written and recorded.

Nope, he's suposed (and Alexi himself said it in interviews about Blooddrunk) to have two in Blooddrunk (the album, not the song), and I thought too that he had one in AYDY, but I don't think that is true tho. If K-man pops up maybe he'd be kind enough to clarify.

It's crystal clear and a fact! :) that he plays one in If you want peace... as somebody asked him but he couldn't remeber which one of those three he played. DWEDFN would be my guess also. I think the first one. Sounds like Roope.

It's also important to remember that music is not an ego contest.

I think it's safe to say that Roope loves playing music for a living, and anyone who does and is able to make that happen doesn't really care if they're in the spotlight or getting enough solos or if they're "better" than someone else. If you care about those things, you're playing music for the wrong reasons.

It's also important to remember that music is not an ego contest.

I think it's safe to say that Roope loves playing music for a living, and anyone who does and is able to make that happen doesn't really care if they're in the spotlight or getting enough solos or if they're "better" than someone else. If you care about those things, you're playing music for the wrong reasons.

+1, very well said. (=

cob is alexi´s band dude: he writes everything, makes the solos, he sings and its his riffs and ideas. its HIS project. Roope is just in this band 5 years ago or something, he doesnt have the power to decide like alexi has. even though he is an excelent musician, alexi has to have all the credit.
in my opinion i think alexi is better guitarrist than roope because of everything, even though his playing is sloppier than roopes and has less experience, alexi has gone much far than roopes stone and he makes more interesting music.
but sure, roope is a sir. RESPECT!

Exactly my thoughts. Except the thing about less experience because he'S got more than enough if you ask me.. This complete talk about Roope is a better guitarist based on nothing. The only arguments I've every heard and always hear why Roope is a better guitarist is a) Alexi said a long time ago Roope is his idol and b) Roope plays longer guitar.
Roope plays fucking clean and so did Alexi when he's not singing and playing at the same time. Both 1 point.
Alexi is the songwriter in COB and wrote most of the songs in Sinergy. 2:1 Alexi
Nearly all of Alexis Sinergy solos sound better than Roopes except a few exceptions. 3:1 Alexi
Alexi has more awards as best guitarist than Roope. 4:1
This is why Alexi is better. Won't say his playing is better but all in all he's a better guitarist.