I FINALLY got Deliverence

Why does EVERYONE have to compare Delverance to other Opeth albums? God, it is so frustrating. Deliverance is NOT morningrise, nor is it MAYH, or SL, or BWP, or Orchid! So why bother comparing them? This is not really meant directly to you DigestingGhandi but to other perpetrators. It's making me so annoyed.

Uh, dude. Of course you can compare. Surely, it is quite simple...you either like Deliverance better than the other stuff or you don't....in the end, something's gotta be the BETTER.

Damn, I'm kinda sick of hearing the fact that comparing is such a bad thing.....yeah sure, it's not Morningrise or Orchid, or any of the Opeth albums. But it's better, or worse...that's for certain!

i agree with you leafblower...the first thing people say is i love it!..but its not morningrise, or mayh, haha so annoying. if it was the same as that shit i wouldnt have bought it, im looking for evolution and growth of a band, not the same crap..not that those two albums are crap. theyre amazing in their own right. people need to give this cd time before they say what it is or is not.

A lot of people mean "I love _______, but I don't like it as much as I like _______ or _______". I seem to think that most people haven't had enough time to listen to Deliverance to do even such a comparison. I know I haven't.