I found a new band to hate!!!

I saw a local band here doing those crabwalking moves a while back. And they were also doing that squatting thing where they just move straight up and down like they're tea-bagging somebody.

And these fools were opening for Obscura. It was downright offensive.

anyway...

I realize that I'm getting older (just turned 33), and that I'm stuck in the 80's/90's. I apologize for that. I usually try not to be too hard on the kids....but I just can't silently disregard this forever.

Let me explain myself. I have some younger relatives who know I am a long time metal fan. They will bring up bands like this to me expecting me to be a fan because this is "totally brootal extreme metal". The kids have no fucking idea. I don't even know what to say to that. If I say "that's not metal", then I become like the old washed up guy who can't understand the new trends. Like the Black Sabbath fan who spent the 80's bitching about thrash metal. Or the thrash metal fan who spent the 90's bitching about death metal.

Well, call me that guy if you want to, but the "new trends" are fucking bullshit. This is not "expanding metal and moving it forward" like these little girl-pants-wearing faggots seem to think. This is taking the most cliche'd, bullshit, generic parts of all the shittiest music out there and putting it all together in one place for efficient consumption by other girl-pants-wearing faggots who are sorry they didn't think of this particularly ingenious way of exploiting the voracious appetite of girl-pants-wearing faggots in general for new dance moves/hairsyles to emulate. But I'm sure it will be huge.

And I really hope the staying power girl-pants-wearing faggotry wears out before I decide I have to start murdering them on sight. They're fucking everywhere.

Now I'm really disappointed I missed that show. I could have gotten a good laugh before Obscura came on to own the place.
I agree too. It seems like the attention span of younger listeners is getting shorter and shorter, hence why bands gotta cram as much "flare" into one song as possible before the listener get distracted and goes to their Facebook or Twitter page.
I feel old for 28.

Actually wearing stretch/tight jeans used to be metal. I remember having a hell of a hard time finding them in Florida in the early 90's. I had to resort to picking them up when I traveled to Europe. I guess people stopped wearing them now because they are afraid of being associated with bands such as these. Funny how people would look at me weird before this trend happened and now EVERYONE wears that shit. :rolleyes:

James-Hetfield.jpg

those pants are pretty skinny

I thought it was a core/emo fashion thing...? I can't say I've ever seen anyone else do it. All I know is that all of the morons who get into core/emo around here are wearing them. I can't say that I know everyone who wears them is into core/emo, so I'll give you a break.

Do you wear the kind that won't even pull all the way up over your ass so that the crotch is really low and your ass/underwear are hanging out the back?

yeah
theres a few bands around here that are obviously in it for the fashion
i remember seeing one of them live because my friends old band was supporting them, and that band was all checking their hair in the mirror before they went on and i was just thinking jesus fucking christ, how pathetic
but like
i know many a person with good, varied taste that wears skinnies, and i take it a step further by spending most of my time listening to doom drone
theres a small sect of people who mix music with fashion but id say most of us are just into fashion/looking good and don't let that mix with our music taste
we're so misunderstood man!
pahaha

Do you wear the kind that won't even pull all the way up over your ass so that the crotch is really low and your ass/underwear are hanging out the back?

thats because for most intents and purposes, dudes are really wearing "girl pants" ("Ah, So it's not clever name" - get it? Wayne's world reference)...since girls have higher hips but a lower butt crack, they can get by with it (low rise and hip hugger jeans).

Stick those on a dude, and you get crack glory.

at least in the old days, they were actually tailored to the correct gender.

to get off on a tangent in regards to low rise jeans...I think we are witnessing evolution in progress, at least in the US...All these young girls wearing low rise jeans and having the ubiquitous US overweight problem, you get the ol' muffin top...And, as such their fat distribution looks like a dudes...Another 20 years and the hourglass figure will go the way of the dodo!

I toured with these guys for a month late last year, and they're actually all really nice dudes...except for the crabwalk guitar player(he actually does the crabwalk thing least once per show:lol:)

They're just doing what they love. I didnt realize this forum was so full of elitist assholes

Elitist??????

Give me a break dude, must people here can stand all kind of music, or hear a lot of styles, i think elitist guys are those new guys or scene kids, who only listen to this crap, and when you wanna show them other kind of metal bands they are just Meh, so closed minded, they are only for the fashion, they do what they love yeah, but what they love is fashion, period. i really wanna see this guys in 10 year doing the same shit, crabwalk and that crap, then i`ll believe you they are doing it for the lov of it.

And i agree with Metalhead in everypoint, and im younger than him haha, this is one of the worst bands and worst music i ever listened.

theres a small sect of people who mix music with fashion but id say most of us are just into fashion/looking good and don't let that mix with our music taste
we're so misunderstood man!
pahaha

So are you saying that you don't equate the two things at all? Around here, the girl-pants thing does not seem to exist independantly of the emo/core scene. Perhaps it's different in other places...?
I'll admit that typically, when kids go out of their way to look like a scene kid - I don't begrudge them that courtesy; I assume they are exactly like all the other scene kids (until I'm proven wrong). :)

This view seems to piss people off of course. But why?

People will go out of their way to look a certain way, but if you judge them for it they go into the whole "don't judge a book by it's cover" thing.

I disagree with that argument.

If a book has a bland, uninteresting cover...or maybe an outdated cover that doesn't seem to live up to current standards...that doesn't mean it's a bad book. I might give it a closer look and be pleasantly surprised. The argument fits in this scenario.

But if a book has Fabio on the cover, sitting in a bed of satin, loving up on some wench, and it's called "Forbidden Love" or some shit - then I can safely assume that it would not be something I want to read. They put that cover on there so that I will not confuse it with a scientific journal or the complete works of Nietzsche. The argument doesn't hold up when the impact of the cover is deliberate.

That's the way I interpret someone's look as well. When it's very deliberate - I feel I have a right to judge that person. I think they're asking to be judged. Or perhaps they're just daring you to judge them. Either way, I'll bite.

If some dude's ass is hanging out of his pants on purpose, I have nothing to say to that person until he puts his ass away.

I am open minded to being proven wrong. That's my disclaimer. :lol:

I have a particular attitude which, along with cementing my worldview, also led me to get into the type of music I enjoy, it's what makes me a metal fan.
That same attitude pretty much prevents me from giving a shit about fashion and trendy clothes. That's probably another reason why I have trouble reconciling any other combination.

None of this is aimed at you XRated. I'd like to think if we met in person any initial funny looks that I might give you over your pants would quickly give way to well earned respect. :)

I completely understand where you're coming from man

I kinda equate it to like say, fundamentalist evangelical christian sects or something. they're all like HEY LETS SPEAK IN TONGUES and thats the shit people pick up on because they're the ones dancing around in the spotlight while everyone else sits at the back of the bar having a quiet drink.
im one of this guys having a quiet drink as far as im concerned.
ive seen shit like this too many times, judged people based on their clothes too many times and been proven wrong just as many times
whether someones ass is hanging out their jeans or not is their choice, I just try and get to know the person behind all that shit, because whenever i've judged a certain subculture/sect of people or anything like that, i've always been proven wrong a few too many times.

So are you saying that you don't equate the two things at all? Around here, the girl-pants thing does not seem to exist independantly of the emo/core scene. Perhaps it's different in other places...?
I'll admit that typically, when kids go out of their way to look like a scene kid - I don't begrudge them that courtesy; I assume they are exactly like all the other scene kids (until I'm proven wrong). :)

This view seems to piss people off of course. But why?

People will go out of their way to look a certain way, but if you judge them for it they go into the whole "don't judge a book by it's cover" thing.

I disagree with that argument.

If a book has a bland, uninteresting cover...or maybe an outdated cover that doesn't seem to live up to current standards...that doesn't mean it's a bad book. I might give it a closer look and be pleasantly surprised. The argument fits in this scenario.

But if a book has Fabio on the cover, sitting in a bed of satin, loving up on some wench, and it's called "Forbidden Love" or some shit - then I can safely assume that it would not be something I want to read. They put that cover on there so that I will not confuse it with a scientific journal or the complete works of Nietzsche. The argument doesn't hold up when the impact of the cover is deliberate.

That's the way I interpret someone's look as well. When it's very deliberate - I feel I have a right to judge that person. I think they're asking to be judged. Or perhaps they're just daring you to judge them. Either way, I'll bite.

If some dude's ass is hanging out of his pants on purpose, I have nothing to say to that person until he puts his ass away.

I am open minded to being proven wrong. That's my disclaimer. :lol:

I have a particular attitude which, along with cementing my worldview, also led me to get into the type of music I enjoy, it's what makes me a metal fan.
That same attitude pretty much prevents me from giving a shit about fashion and trendy clothes. That's probably another reason why I have trouble reconciling any other combination.

None of this is aimed at you XRated. I'd like to think if we met in person any initial funny looks that I might give you over your pants would quickly give way to well earned respect. :)

Friggin hilarious post :lol: and too true

I toured with these guys for a month late last year, and they're actually all really nice dudes...except for the crabwalk guitar player(he actually does the crabwalk thing least once per show:lol:)

They're just doing what they love. I didnt realize this forum was so full of elitist assholes

I'm 110% with you Brian.
most of the statements on here have been completely biased and opinionated
yet they're posted like they're facts.
Maybe this band is cliche and may not last in the long run.
I'm not arguing against that.
But I think that it's bullshit to say that anyone who is going out there, doing what THEY love, even with a bunch of assholes making statements such as these (no offense) against them, is garbage.
They are doing as much, if not more than anyone on this forum, with their passion and their music
simply because the genre they chose is so polarizing, apparently.
I wonder how many times they've had people come up to them and say "You emo fags, make real music" or "You aren't making real metal!"
and yet, they've never stopped doing what they love.
Like I said
To each his own

I'm 110% with you Brian.
most of the statements on here have been completely biased and opinionated
yet they're posted like they're facts.
Maybe this band is cliche and may not last in the long run.
I'm not arguing against that.
But I think that it's bullshit to say that anyone who is going out there, doing what THEY love, even with a bunch of assholes making statements such as these (no offense) against them, is garbage.
They are doing as much, if not more than anyone on this forum, with their passion and their music
simply because the genre they chose is so polarizing, apparently.
I wonder how many times they've had people come up to them and say "You emo fags, make real music" or "You aren't making real metal!"
and yet, they've never stopped doing what they love.
Like I said
To each his own

I don't get you guys who can't cope with people sharing their opinions. :lol:

I figure it's understood that when I say that I think a band is garbage, I am stating my opinion only and am not suggesting that I have done some scientific research which has proven that the band is indeed literally garbage.

some of us skinny jean go-ers do have decent taste.

honestly guy's i wear em because i like the feeling of fit clothes. and i kinda admire that older tight jean metal style. I definitely don't do it for fucking fashion sake though!

this thread is totally this video!

FUCKIN DEICIDE!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get you guys who can't cope with people sharing their opinions. :lol:

I figure it's understood that when I say that I think a band is garbage, I am stating my opinion only and am not suggesting that I have done some scientific research which has proven that the band is indeed literally garbage.

Oh come now Will, don't downplay that Doctorate you got in Music Worthiness Studies, be proud of your achievements! :D