I found a new band to hate!!!

I just watched that youtube vid and wow this was me during that breakdown lol:
Suicide-Death.jpg

People will go out of their way to look a certain way, but if you judge them for it they go into the whole "don't judge a book by it's cover" thing.

I disagree with that argument.

If a book has a bland, uninteresting cover...or maybe an outdated cover that doesn't seem to live up to current standards...that doesn't mean it's a bad book. I might give it a closer look and be pleasantly surprised. The argument fits in this scenario.

But if a book has Fabio on the cover, sitting in a bed of satin, loving up on some wench, and it's called "Forbidden Love" or some shit - then I can safely assume that it would not be something I want to read. They put that cover on there so that I will not confuse it with a scientific journal or the complete works of Nietzsche. The argument doesn't hold up when the impact of the cover is deliberate.

That's the way I interpret someone's look as well. When it's very deliberate - I feel I have a right to judge that person. I think they're asking to be judged. Or perhaps they're just daring you to judge them. Either way, I'll bite.

If some dude's ass is hanging out of his pants on purpose, I have nothing to say to that person until he puts his ass away.

I am open minded to being proven wrong. That's my disclaimer. :lol:

Thats a great point man, and I agree 100%. You just managed to put into words what I have been thinking for the last five years. Well done!

So are you saying that you don't equate the two things at all? Around here, the girl-pants thing does not seem to exist independantly of the emo/core scene. Perhaps it's different in other places...?
I'll admit that typically, when kids go out of their way to look like a scene kid - I don't begrudge them that courtesy; I assume they are exactly like all the other scene kids (until I'm proven wrong). :)

This view seems to piss people off of course. But why?

People will go out of their way to look a certain way, but if you judge them for it they go into the whole "don't judge a book by it's cover" thing.

I disagree with that argument.

If a book has a bland, uninteresting cover...or maybe an outdated cover that doesn't seem to live up to current standards...that doesn't mean it's a bad book. I might give it a closer look and be pleasantly surprised. The argument fits in this scenario.

But if a book has Fabio on the cover, sitting in a bed of satin, loving up on some wench, and it's called "Forbidden Love" or some shit - then I can safely assume that it would not be something I want to read. They put that cover on there so that I will not confuse it with a scientific journal or the complete works of Nietzsche. The argument doesn't hold up when the impact of the cover is deliberate.

That's the way I interpret someone's look as well. When it's very deliberate - I feel I have a right to judge that person. I think they're asking to be judged. Or perhaps they're just daring you to judge them. Either way, I'll bite.

If some dude's ass is hanging out of his pants on purpose, I have nothing to say to that person until he puts his ass away.

I am open minded to being proven wrong. That's my disclaimer. :lol:

I have a particular attitude which, along with cementing my worldview, also led me to get into the type of music I enjoy, it's what makes me a metal fan.
That same attitude pretty much prevents me from giving a shit about fashion and trendy clothes. That's probably another reason why I have trouble reconciling any other combination.

None of this is aimed at you XRated. I'd like to think if we met in person any initial funny looks that I might give you over your pants would quickly give way to well earned respect. :)

sooo............ you dont like fabio?

my guitarist is old school metal, and still wears his skinny ass 501's. i think he'd swing at anyone who said he was emo for his pants, regardless of how much bigger the guy was. however, i think its pretty easy to distinguish old school levis with the new Hot Topic pants.

anyways, saying you have utter disdain for something doesnt make you elitist. i think a dozen different reasons why this band sucks has been offered and i think most people would agree with the ones offered. we're all allowed to like, dislike or throw up a lil bit in our mouths over this band.

i for one think theyre horseshit. but i'm def jealous i'm not able to do music fulltime for a living like they are. is that why i dont like them? hell no. i could go on and on about how i think bands like this will cause the decline of modern civilization as we know it. but i believe most of it has already been said.

I use my judgement of band's looks to qualify their music. Especially in regards to metal. Do you see any Death Metal bands that have dudes all aqua netted up with leopard skin pants, and pink bc rich guitars shaped like a womans lips(mouth here guys, keep it clean)? No you do not. Typically, when I see a band that looks like Attack Attack! I have them all figured out in a matter of seconds. Same look, same moves, same gear and most of all the same regurgitated-pap sound that all the other screamo pansies have that they think is metal. So if your on this thread boobing about being pigoenholed? Stop giving us a reason to. And as far as comparing the Hetfield specials of the late 80's and early 90's? The young ladies in Attack Attack have a long way to go before they should be mentioned in the same light..............Didn't I do just that?...Yep

my guitarist is old school metal, and still wears his skinny ass 501's. i think he'd swing at anyone who said he was emo for his pants, regardless of how much bigger the guy was. however, i think its pretty easy to distinguish old school levis with the new Hot Topic pants.

anyways, saying you have utter disdain for something doesnt make you elitist. i think a dozen different reasons why this band sucks has been offered and i think most people would agree with the ones offered. we're all allowed to like, dislike or throw up a lil bit in our mouths over this band.

i for one think theyre horseshit. but i'm def jealous i'm not able to do music fulltime for a living like they are. is that why i dont like them? hell no. i could go on and on about how i think bands like this will cause the decline of modern civilization as we know it. but i believe most of it has already been said.

I posted then read this. Pretty much said it all for me, but much better cuz he used the word Horseshit.

Ehhhhhh
I wouldn't really place attack attack under the same category as a band such as Underoath

yet they both look exactly the same when it comes to clothes

Listen to the song I posted and then skip in to about 2 minutes
and tell me that song sounds like every other "screamo" band nowadays
you may not like underoath or attack attack
but it's kind of lame to say that all bands who dress the same are going to sound like "horseshit" :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is full of people debating opinions like its actually going to go anywhere. ha. but the band is pretty good.

Given that there are some people here that are upset about a band they like being made fun of, I'll give you a band that I like for you guys to make fun of since i started the thread. :heh:

2:33 - fucking amazing

Last edited by a moderator:
Given that there are some people here that are upset about a band they like being made fun of, I'll give you a band that I like for you guys to make fun of since i started the thread. :heh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsVdau231RQ

2:33 - fucking amazing

Yeah, I like a lot of shit that people make fun of or make fun of me for. I couldn't care less. I'm certainly not going to get all butthurt about it. My personal enjoyment is not impacted by the opinions of others.

to the dude who posted the gay pic.
did u have to do that? did u actually spent n effort to look for that?

Sounds like someone was reading this thread in a public place and that pic made him quickly close his browser. Hell, even I remember to look at the "Motivational Posters" thread surrounded by a cube of darkness.