I found a new band to hate!!!

joey worked on this? damn, joey is making some moneeeyyyy! good for him, i'm jealous. i wish i could do music for a living...

slayercannibalsuffohead: someone should start a thread in the rate my mix forums saying they mixed this song!

call it "new hardcore song with POD and SD2.0"

LMAO!

Seriously though, most of the stuff here sounds like that. Every time I go to the rate my tone thread, I read comments like "totally sick dude", "that sounds awesome bro" etc.... so I give it a listen and voilà, sounds almost the same, riff wise, very close, mix wise, not as good, but close again also. Usually will have 20+ comments, then some poor bastard will post something brutal, might get 4+ comments, usually saying something like "high hats are to loud" or "where's the bass".

It cracks me up, that these blokes have gone out and actually done something, ie, recorded, done a film clip and gig, gets put on you tube, ends up here and gets dumped on by people who are guilty of playing and recording the same thing. Now to me, that's funny.

LMAO!

Seriously though, most of the stuff here sounds like that. Every time I go to the rate my tone thread, I read comments like "totally sick dude", "that sounds awesome bro" etc.... so I give it a listen and voilà, sounds almost the same, riff wise, very close, mix wise, not as good, but close again also. Usually will have 20+ comments, then some poor bastard will post something brutal, might get 4+ comments, usually saying something like "high hats are to loud" or "where's the bass".

It cracks me up, that these blokes have gone out and actually done something, ie, recorded, done a film clip and gig, gets put on you tube, ends up here and gets dumped on by people who are guilty of playing and recording the same thing. Now to me, that's funny.

Yeah, I agree ;)

slayercannibalsuffohead: and what makes this even more ironic is now finding out that a regular member of this forum actually mixed this!

obviously i'm not trying to dump on joey, the production is very professional and joey is talented without a doubt. i could just never bring myself to record a "mallcore" band.

Yeah, I agree ;)

Thanks mate. I suppose I am ranting a bit, but it's only because this is the best site on the web, (apart from youjizz), and I am very lucky to have learnt a lot from Andy and everyone here. As you can tell, I love the brutal stuff and some old school stuff, and when I stumbled across Ultimate Metal, I thought it would be full of the brutal stuff. Sadly it is not. It's like I'm missing something, as though I have met this really grouse chick, but she's just not into giving head! I don't want to hear any more KSE sounding songs and mixes, I want to hear tougher, more brutal shit, Eric Rutan sounding mixes etc. Even more Exodus sounding stuff would be sufficient.

I suppose what I am trying to say is, I want to get a shot away in her mouth!
Am I wanting to much?:cry:

Wow, I don't even know what to say after watching that. I just became depressed and exhaled a big deep sigh. Then came the techno breakdown at 2:45. I'm so confused.

LMAO!

Isn't this the fucking truth.

Thanks mate. I suppose I am ranting a bit, but it's only because this is the best site on the web, (apart from youjizz), and I am very lucky to have learnt a lot from Andy and everyone here. As you can tell, I love the brutal stuff and some old school stuff, and when I stumbled across Ultimate Metal, I thought it would be full of the brutal stuff. Sadly it is not. It's like I'm missing something, as though I have met this really grouse chick, but she's just not into giving head! I don't want to hear any more KSE sounding songs and mixes, I want to hear tougher, more brutal shit, Eric Rutan sounding mixes etc. Even more Exodus sounding stuff would be sufficient.

I suppose what I am trying to say is, I want to get a shot away in her mouth!
Am I wanting to much?:cry:

I understand what you are saying, but just like with any new generation, you have to accept things change over time.

I am not a fan of this style in the least, but I think its a bit unfair to compare it to KSE which in my opinion is worlds better and this type of stuff could never touch that.

As for hearing more brutal stuff. I am with you. i would love to hear of some heavier stuff but todays brutal isnt what we considered brutal back in the day. When I think brutal I think circle pits and rediculously thrashy stuff. Now-a-days its breakdowns. Which is cool. I just tend to lean more towards the Pantera'esk breakdowns,

I don't really dig the music, but I think it's the all-of-us-are-the-same looks of the bandmembers and their stage moves on the video than the song itself that's worse in here.

And yeah, I don't think this sounds like Killswitch WHATSOEVER.

It's just the whole pop factor. These core bands are a lot more "groovy" and add singing/breakdowns so they can appeal to the younger people. It's sort of like punk. There are heavy obscure punk bands like Krum Bums, then there are the pop-punk bands like Blink 182 and Good Charlotte. Essentially, core is pop-metal.