I gave opeth another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
simonc2 said:
:confused: So it has to be technically difficult or complex to be good, this kind of opinion makes me laugh. Personally I look for more than just complexity in music. For me Opeth can either be totally awsume (Black Water Park, Damnation) or totally shit (Deliverance, My arms your hearse). I understand why metal lovers may not like damantion, personally I think its one of the most beautifull albums I've ever heard. Deliverance is shit because of the repedativeness, it could have been good if the songs were shorter. Wreath in particular is a disgrace. Black Water Park is their only other album I would consider to be good. Morningrise is brilliant in parts but overall its boring.
By the way knowone will take you seriously if you use language like virginal ass.
someone should slap you, "my arms..." is the definitive opeth album, combining the dark atmosphere of their earlier albums with the superior musicianship of their later albums, the songs "flow" better they dont sound so copied and pasted like bwp, which by the way , when compared to all other opeth albums is thier most watered down and commercial.

Mtaclof said:
You're not much better, you know.
Nobody will take you seriously if you say "knowone" instead of noone.
To make it worse, you're bragging up the worst pair of Opeth albums. I'll give you a break, because I might have thought Blackwater Park was better, originally. The other albums have far more depth, whereas BwP gets played out quickly, and the riffs are stale and repetitive, much worse than Deliverance, actually.
So yep, that's my opinion.
So what your saying is because I made a spelling mistake people will not take me seriously. Jeez Im glad you guys set me straight on which albums are better, I guess my ears mustn't be as good as yours.

To me Damantion is by far their best. Out of their heavy albums I think Black Water Park flows the best and is the least annoying. My only major critisism of the album is that the title track and The Drapery falls drag on for to long.

Status
Not open for further replies.