I gave opeth another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life Sucks said:
I wish it was your last night on the board, as does just about everyone else. You're not welcome here.
I wished that was his last night period.

Opeth rule! \m/ \m/

Take that!

AllWithinMyMonster said:
This board = 44 faggets and a cool guy.. Guess who the latter is? See you fucks dont care about how an album makes u feel. You just want a clusterfuck of riffs just so you can feel like the elitist prudes which you portray. I could give a rats microscopic cock n balls about how technical crapnation is. It is so slow and boring and his fucking vocals are horrendous !!!! This is a masterpiece? Its a piece alright. But piece is the prefix for the word "of shit". Get a fucking clue giblets. BlOpeth sucks arsecheeks. But atleast their better than dying fetus. Metallica for life motherfawkers! \m/

I agree, technicality does not make an album good and simplicity doesn't make it bad, example being this album. Reall mellow, real nice for rainy days and slow days and stuff like that. Might not be your thing, but I happened to enjoy it. Sorry you feel you wasted your money though, that's never a good feeling.

Metallica's good albums where back in the 80's and that's it. i'm a Metallica fan but a fan of they're older stuff. Shadows Fall is alot better than Metallica, even thou Shadows Fall is more of a Melodic Thrash Death Metal(if you can call it that). Shadows Fall first EP "Of One Blood" kicks more ass than the any Metallica album made in the early 90's and 2000's. Opeth is my favorite band but never listen to they're newest album and rate it. For you saying that you can play whatever Opeth song you were talking about is a crock of shit, i have been playing for over a year and i can play 1/2 of "To Bid You Farewell" on a good day. now, you can talk whatever shit you want to talk about but Opeth is better than any Nu-Metal shit out there in the Mainstream Radio/TV today! what a fucking retard.

Dreamlord said:
I agree with The Sound Gardener. Everyone fuck off and quit talking about this overrated band.

It seems I have been misinterpreted. I didn't mean people should fuck off because Opeth sucks and there's no point in talking about them (personally I love them) but rather people should fuck off because this thread has turned into an angry insult-fest that is really very pointless and and is just making people unnecessarily angry with certain peoples.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
DUDE I CAN PLAY FUCKING DAMNATION ON A GUITAR AND IVE NEVER PICKED ONE UP IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! HOW FUCKING SIMPLISTIC IS THIS PIECE OF SHIT! ST ANGER RULES! AND IM USING CAPITAL LETTERS JUST TO PISS YOUR VIRGINAL ASSES UP! ST ANGER OWNS YOU FUCKING UNDERGREOUND GOONBERRIES! AND MY INSULTS ONLY GO TO THE DICKS ON THE BOARD NOT THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE INTELLIGENT RESPONSES. Anyhow THE FIRST ALBUM I BOUGHT WAS DELIVERANCE. HATED IT. I just dled Still life. This album isnt half bad. Guess third times a charm? OH AND LET ME REITERATE. ST ANGER OWNS
I see you made up your mind already, and youre stuck with it deep. So it wont matter what the other ppl will have to say. Thus you nullify the point of the thread you started. YOU ARE A PC-USING SITTING(*SHITTING*) CONTRADICTION.
Yeah.

Anyway, since you dont care, I'll say it anyway. St. Anger sux, as a Metallica album. Maybe if a different band had released similar material ppl would be more tolerant, though I think the contrary is true. Damnation is an exelent album, and dont underestimate Opeth as musicians, I have doubts that you'll play the whole album on guitar. Deliverance was a nice album, tho blackwater park is better IMO. btw, I am not an Opeth fan.

AllWithinMyMonster said:
DUDE I CAN PLAY FUCKING DAMNATION ON A GUITAR AND IVE NEVER PICKED ONE UP IN MY ENTIRE LIFE! HOW FUCKING SIMPLISTIC IS THIS PIECE OF SHIT! ST ANGER RULES! AND IM USING CAPITAL LETTERS JUST TO PISS YOUR VIRGINAL ASSES UP! ST ANGER OWNS YOU FUCKING UNDERGREOUND GOONBERRIES! AND MY INSULTS ONLY GO TO THE DICKS ON THE BOARD NOT THE PEOPLE WHO GIVE INTELLIGENT RESPONSES. Anyhow THE FIRST ALBUM I BOUGHT WAS DELIVERANCE. HATED IT.
:confused: So it has to be technically difficult or complex to be good, this kind of opinion makes me laugh. Personally I look for more than just complexity in music. For me Opeth can either be totally awsume (Black Water Park, Damnation) or totally shit (Deliverance, My arms your hearse). I understand why metal lovers may not like damantion, personally I think its one of the most beautifull albums I've ever heard. Deliverance is shit because of the repedativeness, it could have been good if the songs were shorter. Wreath in particular is a disgrace. Black Water Park is their only other album I would consider to be good. Morningrise is brilliant in parts but overall its boring.
By the way knowone will take you seriously if you use language like virginal ass.

simonc2 said:
:confused: So it has to be technically difficult or complex to be good, this kind of opinion makes me laugh. Personally I look for more than just complexity in music. For me Opeth can either be totally awsume (Black Water Park, Damnation) or totally shit (Deliverance, My arms your hearse). I understand why metal lovers may not like damantion, personally I think its one of the most beautifull albums I've ever heard. Deliverance is shit because of the repedativeness, it could have been good if the songs were shorter. Wreath in particular is a disgrace. Black Water Park is their only other album I would consider to be good. Morningrise is brilliant in parts but overall its boring.
By the way knowone will take you seriously if you use language like virginal ass.
You're not much better, you know.
Nobody will take you seriously if you say "knowone" instead of noone.
To make it worse, you're bragging up the worst pair of Opeth albums. I'll give you a break, because I might have thought Blackwater Park was better, originally. The other albums have far more depth, whereas BwP gets played out quickly, and the riffs are stale and repetitive, much worse than Deliverance, actually.
So yep, that's my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.