I gave opeth another chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im addicted to the stupidity. But this is my last night on this board. My quest of teaching you real musical glory is now over. I failed miserably. So cont to listen to the dying fetuses and blopeths of the world!

Well said, Ajdeath.

I think it is pretty obvious All within my monster is just having a little fun here- no one could be that intentionally childish and dumb.

The best way to deal with a child is to ignore him, and thats what I am going to do from now on.

Reactions: Stormwatch
Metallica are NOT over-rated. The 80's stuff is incredible - Justice is the perfect metal album IMO. As for Load, Reload and St Bob - the critics and most impartial fans agree that those albums are very very average (Or shit in St Anger's case). So, they were highly rated justifiably in the 80's, nowadays they're not rated - hence, they're NOT over-rated! :D

TakinTheMusicBack said:
Metallica are NOT over-rated. The 80's stuff is incredible - Justice is the perfect metal album IMO. As for Load, Reload and St Bob - the critics and most impartial fans agree that those albums are very very average (Or shit in St Anger's case). So, they were highly rated justifiably in the 80's, nowadays they're not rated - hence, they're NOT over-rated! :D
What you have to acknowledge is that Load and Reload are NOT metal. So they shouldn't be compared to other metal albums, unless of course, it's within Metallica - where, yes, they are worse than all the stuff that came before them. But as far as everything else goes - don't compare them to metal.. They're some decent modern hard rock with metallish influences - and within this genre, they're very very competent..

SculptedCold said:
I like Opeth, but I completely agree with that. An excellent and accurate, if harsh, analysis of Damnation's music.

Actually that's my review of "Blackwater Park", older Opeth is more metallic and fragmented. Every Opeth album is a piece of shit.

Oh and by the way, Allwithinmymonster, if youre still here, you said you liked that Sörskogen song, well i think you should listen to it again, then put in damnation and listen to that again. Obviously youre missing something if you like one and dont like the other. But what do i know

If you're looking for a more traditional metal album, download some songs from Orchid and MAYH. Try Black Rose Immortal and Demon Of The Fall. I didn't like Deliverence much, and Damnation was an album for hte Die Hard fans, not the general metal community. Trust me, Orchid and MAYH are excellent and deserve a listen.

i can sing dying fetus.. give me a bottle of listerine.

i can sing opeth. put my head in the toilet

i can write lyrics like carcass... take me on a tour of a coroners office

I actually listened to Damnation today- I was horribly unimpressed- in fact I think it is easily the worst thing they have ever done- the acoustic songs on their metal albums were far more interesting- and moving. I still hold the band in high regard- but even the fans have to admit their disappointment in the last two albums- the only improvement I have noticed is with the drummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.